Debts Almost Statute Barred.....Pay or Risk CCJ £40k Multiple Debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope I'm posting in the right place.  

I have about £40k in unpaid debts (cards, loans etc).  

They are pretty much all over £5k and nearing the 6 year since default time frame...

The first is into the final 12 months now... Capquest... £11k, they own the debt.  

Ive been expecting collection efforts to step up as the SB line approaches with them all.  

The situation is that I could pay these but call me morally bankrupt... Id rather eat you know what at this stage.  

If any of the so called creditors look into me they'll see that I'm worth chasing.  

Having nearly got to the 6 year since default period

I won't allow a judgement to show for another 6 years.  

How likely are they to try and get one?  

With debts over £5k is small claims not an option for them and will it cost them more to take this to court?  

My question is this.......

They are offering obviously settlements for less.  

Capquest 40% of £11K...

Id hate to ignore all this and end up having to pay the full amount as they take it to court....

How likely are they to do this?  

If they do will they still take a settlement when proceedings have commenced?

(Hence nothing to lose by waiting).

Companies in question are:

Intrum Uk Ltd

Cabot Credit Management Group Ltd

Aarrow Global Ltd 

I just notice as I type that Capquest are not noted on my credit file and must be part of Arrow Global....

They have also made subtle threat on their latest letter with the wording

"Our additional enquiries have indicated that you are a homeowner at the above address."

Most of the defaults were around 2014 for agreements taken out 2008 -20012.  

Original creditors...

Halifax,

Tesco,

Virgin Money.  

In Northern Ireland so PAP doesn't apply I think.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Diedebtsdie

are all of these debt owners or were the original creditors aware of your current correct address??

bottom line ..have you moved since taking them out??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you live in Northern Ireland, I just wonder whether someone sat in a Debt Collection office in England would have an idea how to proceed.

You would think they would have Solicitors based in Northern Ireland that they just pass the details to. But perhaps this is not the case or if there is a process, it involves too much paperwork on their part, so is not a priority.

Have you always been at the current address since taking these debts out ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@dx100uk and @unclebulgaria67 I have moved address since taking the debts out yes.  However I’ve kept everything going to the old address (which I still own) and have a redirection on the post.  Thought it was better to hid in plain sight to stop them from coming looking for me. Also didn’t want to contaminate the new address.  

Can I ask why so relevant?

Many Thanks. 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Debts Almost Statute Barred.....Pay or Risk CCJ £40k Multiple Debts

you cant contaminate an address, your good or bad credit does not harm anyone else there unless you are listed as financially linked to them on your credit file.

NI works pretty much the same as the rest of the UK but you need to be aware that court papers might very well not be redirected should they be issued.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Re contaminating address... I think if I don’t link it to my old one that I could re-emerge here with a deed poll name change and new credit file.  I don’t want to loose the option of doing this. 

Have you always been at the current address since taking these debts out ?

Re above... is it better that I have been or is it better to have moved or what’s the logic to the question? 

Thanks

backdoor ccj's.

you have some wild ideas about hiding/changing name.

deed poll does not hide your past debt, neither does it not make you legally responsible for it.

and they

I’m aware that a deed pole name change does not hide the past debt in current name, I’m aware however as to how it can be used to create a new clean credit file under the new name.  Have already done this with wife’s name and she is getting credit again (some of above debts in join names). 

Think we are getting off the track of the original questions posed thought.  

Would appreciate it if anyone knows the answers. 

Regards

why do you need a clean file?

in certain aspects that can be viewed as FRAUD.

dx

and they

CAG is not here to help in cases of debt avoidance.

dx

and they

Have you SARed your original creditors?  For all you know the credit agreements may not be enforceable for any number of reasons. 

And a word of caution about Intrum - they got a default judgement against me last year by serving the claim form to an old address despite having corresponded with me at my current address (it was subsequently set aside by the court).

Also  substantial discounts mean they know theyre on to a loss. Theyre bluffing you, especially capquest. They dont chase legit debts. They just go after lemon ones with high figures, hoping for a Judgement by default or you cave into paying whatever they ask.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D