• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Britannia Repossession / Eviction - Help & Advice Needed with N244***Suspended***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's no point in putting your future income on the budget sheet as that is not a true reflection of your circumstances at the present time - it's the facts at the date of the hearing that the judge can consider.  We can put in your statement that you hope to return to work in the near future and what your earnings will be, but you will have to provide proof of where you work and a doctor's fit note indicating your return to work date.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Housing can be Social Rented Sector with local Council or through a Housing Association. 

If you needed help with Housing, Shelter or local Council Housing would make sure it was appropriate. They would not point you to Private housing, if you had no money for deposit.

You can claim Universal Credit. This can help pay Housing rent. If you are not currently earning any money through self employment, you would not be currently gainfully self employed. You would register that you are unemployed and if you obtained a Doctors fit note, this would be taken into account in regard to any work search requirements. 

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your reply.

It is not just the deposit but would also require 6 months rent upfront for private rented accommodation, due to my current poor credit rating.

My main priority at the moment is trying to prevent losing my home and being evicted, as I would effectively be homeless on the street. I also have pets who mean everything to me and also significant equity in my property, which I cannot afford to lose. 

I mentioned in earlier post that I have already applied for UC, which was awarded, but then suddenly cancelled due to mis-administration errors. As a result I am now trying to also fight off nasty council tax Bailiff for council tax arrears.

I am trying to deal with this matter as well, but my biggest priority right now is to try and prevent being evicted and losing my home. 

Although I am not currently earning through my Self-employment, I am still registered as Self-employed

- Just off sick at the moment, without any sick pay.

I cannot register as unemployed / jobseeker, as I am still self-employed, which doesn't make any difference anyway to UC award, just that they have made error and I am now trying to sort that out - However could take months. 

You only need 6 months rent upfront for private rental - we keep trying to tell you that Shelter can assist with finding housing that won't need deposit/advance rent.  You must, as a matter of urgency,  do something about finding somewhere to live in case you lose in court and frankly that is more likely than not.

For goodness sake listen to what people are trying to help you with and do something about finding alternative accommodation - Shelter is your best hope

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do you mean to put myself on list for council housing in case I am evicted?

I thought they were already made aware of that from Mortgage lender who have possession order?

I am thinking I should write a letter to the council re the council tax arrears / impending Bailiff appointment / error with council tax benefit award etc...

Should I include in the letter a request for them to place myself and my pets on the list for council housing pending looming repossession?

What  I mean is ring Shelter - they can help you with housing in case you are evicted and it is not private renting.....

You need to stop focusing on what you want to happen and face up to what is likely to happen

Hi Ell-enn,

I don't think a GP can indicate a return to work date - I think they can only provide a sick/fit note for a short amount of time and renew if needed?

Proof of where I work is I am self-employed, so work for myself.

As well as putting in the statement that I hope to return to work in the near future and what my earnings will be, would I need to specify a specific date for return to work, or could I ask the judge for a specific amount of time to return to work?

Would the judge also need to see a budget sheet of what my income & expenditure will be on return to work? 

I thought I read in another thread where somebody had been out of work and had a new start date for a new job in the future and they provided the judge with those advance figures? Although I am self-employed, I just though a similar approached would be relevant for me also?

I have the GP letter to include with application - Would that be acceptable or do I need to ask my GP for anything more specific?

I can do the budget sheet for my current situation, but as I currently have no income, should I put zero in that box and explain to judge that my family are basically helping with food & essential money?

Should I still list all of my creditors/debts, even though no payments are currently being made?

Should I include a small amount for offer towards arrears per month and explain in statement that once back at work I will be able to make the regular monthly payments as well?

Really appreciate your help.

56 minutes ago, Ell-enn said:

What  I mean is ring Shelter - they can help you with housing in case you are evicted and it is not private renting.....

You need to stop focusing on what you want to happen and face up to what is likely to happen

I will give them a call on Monday, but thought is the council responsible for housing list? I think it would be best for me to focus on your assistance with N244 to prevent being evicted

I am really worried as I would not be eligible for any council housing until actually homeless and evicted onto the street.

I really do not want this to happen as I could lose my pets, who I live for.

This would also cause massive deterioration to my mental health and other health problems.

This would also likely result in my bankruptcy if I lost my equity and would lose my business also.

I just don't want to lose my home and hope that repossession/eviction can be prevented so that I can sell the property and move forward.

So you need to contact Shelter - they are able to assist with housing -  please call them on Monday and let me know what they say before we go any further.  I know people who work for Shelter so I know what they can do.   You must be completely honest with them though.....  explain you are to be evicted and what you want to achieve

I will do.

In the meantime it would be really for me if you could reply to post no.82

I wrote in reply to your reply about budget sheet etc, as regardless of what shelter say on Monday, would really like to get application for N244 to court sooner rather than later. Really appreciate your help.

I have guests this evening so will pick this up again tomorrow

2 hours ago, Cadbury10 said:

I mentioned in earlier post that I have already applied for UC, which was awarded, but then suddenly cancelled due to mis-administration errors. As a result I am now trying to also fight off nasty council tax Bailiff for council tax arrears.

I am trying to deal with this matter as well, but my biggest priority right now is to try and prevent being evicted and losing my home. 

Although I am not currently earning through my Self-employment, I am still registered as Self-employed

- Just off sick at the moment, without any sick pay.

I cannot register as unemployed / jobseeker, as I am still self-employed, which doesn't make any difference anyway to UC award, just that they have made error and I am now trying to sort that out - However could take months. 

If you log into your UC claim, it will tell you the reason the claim was closed in your journal.

Was it because the self employment had the minimum self employment income floor applied, which assumed you earned over a £1000 every month? 

Because this assumed income being considered was more than any UC basic entitlement, the claim was closed.

You can close the self employment by taking necessary actions e.g advising HMRC of this change.

Then once you have stopped the self employment, claim UC as being unemployed. 

The problem is that if you stay as self employed and your health prevents you from earning sufficient money, is then you not might benefit from claiming UC.

If you are evicted, the house is put up for sale and you end up needing benefit help to pay rent, if the housing is temporary council housing benefit will help.

But if the Housing is permanent council or Social Housing Association, then you would be claiming UC anyway. With self employment minimum income floor being applied, you might not receive a UC award each month that helps you pay the rent. UC can ignore the equity capital  in a House that has been repossessed and is up for sale.  When the sale has gone through, when equity is released to you of more than £16000, you have to report this to UC and the claim would be closed.

i appreciate that this may be complicated and if you are suffering from mental health you are not taking information in. If you contact Shelter charity, they can help explain Housing choices and they also have people that can help with benefit enquiries or they can refer you for help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No it was nothing to do with income and I have no intention of closing my self-employment.

1 hour ago, Ell-enn said:

I have guests this evening so will pick this up again tomorrow

Ok, thank you so much

Post 82 isn't your post - it's by someone else.

Did you ring Shelter today like you said you would ?

15 minutes ago, Ell-enn said:

Post 82 isn't your post - it's by someone else.

Did you ring Shelter today like you said you would ?

Post 82 was written by me. You said you were going to reply to it on Sunday as you didn't have time on Saturday

Edited by Cadbury10

#82 was posted by me.

if the post is on this thread, please go to it and click on quote.  This will then enable the post you are wanting a reply to, to be added to your latest reply.

or just ask the questions again.

On 01/06/2019 at 17:46, Cadbury10 said:

Hi Ell-enn,

I don't think a GP can indicate a return to work date - I think they can only provide a sick/fit note for a short amount of time and renew if needed?

As well as putting in the statement that I hope to return to work in the near future and what my earnings will be, would I need to specify a specific date for return to work, or could I ask the judge for a specific amount of time to return to work?

Would the judge also need to see a budget sheet of what my income & expenditure will be on return to work? 

I thought I read in another thread where somebody had been out of work and had a new start date for a new job in the future and they provided the judge with those advance figures? Although I am self-employed, I just though a similar approached would be relevant for me also?

I have the GP letter to include with application - Would that be acceptable or do I need to ask my GP for anything more specific?

I can do the budget sheet for my current situation, but as I currently have no income, should I put zero in that box and explain to judge that my family are basically helping with food & essential money?

Should I still list all of my creditors/debts, even though no payments are currently being made?

Should I include a small amount for offer towards arrears per month and explain in statement that once back at work I will be able to make the regular monthly payments as well?

I will give them a call on Monday, but thought is the council responsible for housing list? I think it would be best for me to focus on your assistance with N244 to prevent being evicted

I am really worried as I would not be eligible for any council housing until actually homeless and evicted onto the street.

I really do not want this to happen as I could lose my pets, who I live for.

This would also cause massive deterioration to my mental health and other health problems.

This would also likely result in my bankruptcy if I lost my equity and would lose my business also.

I just don't want to lose my home and hope that repossession/eviction can be prevented so that I can sell the property and move forward.

Unclebulgaria posts are showing to me as post numbers 77 & 86. Post 82 shows as written by me.

Here is the post again

Post numbers are affected by deleted posts, so site team see a different number order.

Doctors fit notes just state in their opinion you should not work for a relevant period. Always up to patient to decide when they can return to work.

Judge would want to understand when your business can be up and running, enough to pay your debt repayment commitments. So copy of accounts, details of stock/equipment, full details of the current business status.

I thought I had answered all your questions.   Did you ring Shelter today ?

No I was not able to today. You said you going to reply to my questions on Sunday regarding the budget sheet etc..

Here are the questions again:

Hi Ell-enn,

Regarding your income when back at work - the judge would need to see some proof of what those earnings would be.  If you are self employed how do you know that you will be able to pick up where you left off and earn the same income?  You may have to show accounts etc.   What sort of work is it that you do?

Doctor's letter is fine

Put zero income on the sheet as that's the current situation. We can explain in your statement that your family are currently helping with food and essentials

Yes, you should include all  your creditors as that is your current financial situation.

If you have no income how can you offer a small amount towards the arrears?

Are you going to ring Shelter tomorrow? 

Hi,  I've drafted a defence statement for your N244 application - can you let me know when you will be online please so we can start the process

I am working on the budget sheet and will let you know as soon as it's done.

Thank you so much for drafting defence statement - Please could you let me see it as soon as possible.

I work in editing / photographic industry and business is well established so income on return to work would be the same once I am able to return. I can show judge most recent SA302 for proof of usual income.

Since sending Britannia letter with doctors letter I received a letter from them stating that they were continuing with litigation and I should contact them within 7 days to repay mortgage balance.

Also received email from their solicitor stating that they were not willing to hold off their action as they have attempted to contact me regarding assisted voluntary surrender but I have not responded to them.

I tried to contact them by phone last week & this morning on the number provided, but after a long wait the phone just went silent, so think they have a problem with that telephone number.

I called the main number today who transferred to arrears team.

I asked if they would accept offer of payment of normal monthly repayments, plus a small amount per month towards arrears when I return to work and offered this going forward from August.

I said in the meantime I would pay them whatever I could afford and offered to pay them £10 today, which they took payment.

I again explained the reasons for me falling into arrears and being unable to work and they refused my offer going forward and stated they have already applied for eviction date.

The call handler was rude and kept me on the phone for almost 2 hours, telling me they did not care about my health.

I said I was shocked that I have banked with Co-op for over 10 years and how they are treating me.

I asked what had been done about my complaint and she said they had not upheld and sent me letter to that effect last week, but I have received nothing regarding complaint. She said they may be able to re-consider if I send them income & expenditure which they said would email to me today and have not. Not sure if I did right or wrong thing making payment today, but they seem to be impossible to deal with and have affected my health badly today

As they have not emailed income & expenditure form today as they said they would, should I follow this up in writing to them so that there is a paper trail about the phonemail and my offer of repayments to them going forward?

They also asked me to provide a letter from my family confirming that they have been helping me financially with what they can for food & basic living essentials.

Should I provide this for them and is there anything else I should try to stop them going forward with eviction.

Should I phone them again tomorrow and complain about the phonemail yesterday?

Should I write another letter to them confirming my offer / confirming their verbal refusal of my offer?

I am not sure if I'm making the situation better or worse, but there lack of understanding/co-operation is not helping my situation and feel deeply distressed that they are still pursuing eviction whilst knowing that they are making my health & financial situation worse.

I feel its vexatious litigation now and they are acting with intent to cause me distress.

Is that something we can put to the judge?  

If they have applied for eviction date, how many days notice am I likely to receive for this?

Does this make any difference to the N244 application and what would happen if I file an application now and then receive an eviction date in the meantime? 

you should not be ever ringing them 

if you must then record your calls.

no harm in sending them a copy of the n244 budget sheet, but they will get that from the court anyway.

these fleecers will say anything on the phone to intimidate and frighten you that they wont say in a letter as they know they shouldn't be threatening you that way.

record you calls from now on..but its best you don't ever ring them.

there is never any point in that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,  can you be online today so we can get on with your N244 stuff - it's easier for me to do this during the day rather than in the evenings - are you able to be online in the daytime?

Please don't call them again - you will get nowhere, these people are only interested in money and when they are going to get it and you have no proof of what is said on the phone.  If you want to communicate with them, put it in writing and send by recorded delivery so you can prove they got it, otherwise they will quite likely say they didn't.  If you need help with wording letters let me know - you should keep the letter short and to the point - these people aren't capable of turning pages so what you have to say needs to be on one sheet.