philmycoke

Divorce and property advise.

Hi guys,

my sister and her friend have a similar question so I thought I ask here because it seems little complicated.

The more mouths to talk to the worse it gets.

My sisters friend has bad marriage and she has waited until the kids are grown. One is 19 and other is 21 or 22.

now she wants out of a verbal / psychological abusive marriage.

Question is the following.

They live in one property and 2nd is rented out.

So therefore 2 properties and as kids are now adults they dont come into the equation.

They have no savings and as for goods in the house I am sure no party will fight over that.

How will it work with the properties?

Both sold and money divided? Can one choose the house they wish to have?

At the moment register search has not been done from my understanding both parties names should be on there.

My sister is in the same situation with 2 houses and kids all grown up. Both ladies want out.

Also is there free divorce help or helpline or somewhere I can guide them too?

Many thanks.

Hi.

If there's money and property involved, I don't think the internet is the place to look for advice apart from the general stuff.  CAB and the government's website have limited advice, but it would be better if these ladies find a local divorce lawyer and have a [normally free] initial meeting to see what can be done.

You can find solicitors and their areas of expertise on the Law Society website.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's impossible to state who is entitled to what equity with such limited information. Lots of various factors will be considered when apportioning equity in a divorce. Any decision made needs to be agreed between parties or decided by a judge but either way a solicitor is required.

Posted (edited)

OP's family situation gets more complex with every posting of new twists and turns.

This time it is both his sister AND her friend.

I can only suggest the OP gets each of his relatives / friends with their complex queries to post here themselves : he's not doing them any favours by asking his questions with some combination of being::

a) devoid of relevant info,

b) with info that later turns out to be not the actual situation, or

c) with ever evolving stories.......

Additionally, the circumstances for each are unlikely to be identical, so the answer for each may be different .....

Trying to give accurate info without correct details to base it on isn't likely to be a good use of respondents' time....

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1