Forecourt Eye - Foisted Contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

I’m So glad I read this.

Long story short,

I’m going back to the shell garage this morning to video myself attempting to make payment of £10 , yes 10 of your finest pounds Stirling to which I assume I will get a knock back.

But out of principle , I cannot role over and pay a £6 so called admin fee.

I’ve not contracted with them right ?

I didn’t see the 8” x 6” signage above the pump 🥴 as much as they didn’t see the signage on my dashboard with my terms and conditions and hourly fee for my time spent /wasted , and it’s a fair distance from £6 I can tell ya. !! 

There was no signage on the cash machine stating that the 6 option buttons to the left and right of the screen were not responding, resulting in no options available. Grrrrrrrrr. So I Couldn’t get the big £10 note out.

Incidentally for my motability scheme car whilst on way to hospital for my chemo for multiple myeloma an incurable blood cancer which in my case , at 47 years old , it’s  a poor prognosis...... ( facts ) 😢

The cash machine let me down and I head straight into the kiosk to explain to the guys that I will have to drive to another cash machine to get some dollars out, here is my driving license if you wanna keep hold of that so you know I’m coming back. Simples.

Now anyone with half a brain and a rough idea of the most basic mathematics , would assume if I can only afford a tenner for fuel then I’m unlikely to be in a position to replace a driving license at what? £80 I’m guessing? 

the guy tried shoving an iPad in my hand and told me I’m to fill out the blanks.

No chance without my readers and the chemo induced peripheral neuropathy in both shaky hands.

So I gave my details like  a respectable citizen and he filled it out for...... .........well not....for me.

Even took a happy snap of my mug , car , driving license and receipts for £10 fuel

( which says “”letter of intent” instead of paid ) and I thought well I’ll leave it at that and take it up with fce and off I went. 

So I’ve not signed anything ,

I’ve not committed theft and as far as I can make out from the comments on here that by my entering the forecourt and dispensing fuel I’ve contracted with Shell ?

Right ?

So for Shell to uphold their commitment to our contract they are required to accept payment??  

I’ll update my progress later today and possibly video footage 😃👍

1 hour ago, Bigkriss said:

As if they are getting a penny.  

I’m registered severely disabled with a motability scheme car and blue badge etc.

Would this have leverage if i use my cancer card.

It’s not often I do but in December last year my prognosis was months not years.  

Max 12 but unlikely.

Again the maths is a simple one.

I won’t be seeing Christmas according to an independent medical expert witness for my nhs-r compensation. ( lnwh admited liability, causation and breach of duty of care,  causing 14 fractured vertebrae, 2 collapsed vertebrae, fractured sternum, plasmacytoma in my skull, loss of sensation in left arm and sever nerve pain and the significant progression of the disease throughout the visualised marrow in the 9 months delayed diagnosis from a previous mri Scan where the radiologist reported prolapsed disk ( which I didn’t have ) and the Myeloma is clearly visible throughout 

own topic created

please continue to post here now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do me a favour just delete the lot will ya. 

I’m no good on these things. So been talking to a wall since 7 this morning. 

Oi ..... you not speak  

calm down

no-one been around in the forum to sort things

now done.

there is at theend of the day little they can do to you.

i'll post a few links to read in a mo so you can see the MO of what goes on 

most of these get cancelled anyway.

they cant force you to do anything 

and they don't do court neither.

just give them the £10 and be done with it.

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

here ya go

• Thanks 1

and they

this is a normal contract for when you forget your wallet and fuel up your car and then promise to pay them later. If you return righ5t away you dotn pay any extra and you can even demand your paperwork back from the garage as they then have no lawful reason to process it.

Now is it a fair contract?

well, yes and no, if you dotn have the means to pay for your fuel before you fill up then you are committing a criminal offence by doing so but as i many cases of this nature the company would rather farm all the aggro out to a third party who then screw you out of money rather than invoke the available law. So, as you werent offered the contract to consider before you fuelled up then none of it is enforceable and the petrol companies should get their heads around this rather than allow the third party just coin money out of the unfortunate or forgetful

what I fail to understand is why you didnt just pay for the fuel with the card that you were going to use to get the cash?

As for the rest of your story listing your afflictions , that doesnt make any difference to a contract, if you are not capable of entering a contract you shouldnt be driving either.