• Tweets

• hey evryone i am 16 years old and today i was caught by a undercover guy and have seen people recieve letters and letters demanding money from rlp i have been told i will recieve a fine of 300 pound which is ridiculous for a 2.50 powder however i would like to know should i ignore these letters or not im pretty sure my mum will bow down to the pressure of the constant letters however i wont and want to know if these people actually are legit or shuld i ignore
    • Hi, thanks for your replies, I wrote to them & this is the reply:   Thank you for your correspondence received on 16 October 2019, concerning the above Penalty Charge Notice. Contravention I have viewed your mitigation and the evidence of the Civil Enforcement Officer on the day in question. The issue is that you parked without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher. Mitigation Whilst you state that you ‘tried to buy a ticket using my card but both machines would not accept a card payment’, there is also the option to pay by phone using the RingGo app if you do not have any cash with you. A grace period of minutes is given to allow drivers time to purchase a ticket, the Officer on patrol observed your vehicle from 12:52 – 12:57 before correctly issuing a Penalty Charge Notice. Conclusion It remains the responsibility of the driver to ensure that there is a parking session in place before leaving their vehicle parked. With this in mind I have upheld the Penalty Charge Notice and rejected your challenge. I will still accept the discounted amount of £25.00, provided payment is received within 14 days of the date of this letter. Payment can be made by post to the address
    • Hello all, hope you are all. Its been rather quiet on the a western front until today. I've received Directions of Questionnaire form N180 in the post. I've still had no copy of cca or cpa that I requested back on 20th August.    Please can you advise me how to proceed now   Thanks in advance Michelle
    • Hi - Quick update. I've spoken to the Holiday Inn Express and they told me to write to them explaining what happened and they'll get the charge cancelled, even though it's a DR+ letter, they confirmed they will talk to PE. It'll take about 4 weeks to cancel. I've sent that off. Have I done enough (for now)? I won't assume this has worked until I get a formal confirmation back.   The other suggestion you had was to write a short 2-liner to PE to ensure they have my correct address as they have failed to get any correspondence to me to date. Should I still do that in parallel? Belt and braces.   Finally - I'm still sitting on my snot-letter to PE re GDPR request. Again - sit on that still for now? If nothing else it gives them work to do that they can't ignore and proves they have my correct address details (or not)   As you might be able to tell, I'm a fan of several lines of attack, but I'll be guided by experience....   Many thanks Choco 
    • yes I moved out in 2014. This is the first I've heard of any outstanding bill! The letter is a 'Payment due' letter, not an official court or claim form at this stage. I have actually had another old energy bill from Lowell (this is what happens when you move house a lot) which came from their solicitors devision with an official country court claim. That bill was from 2014/15. Theres no way of me checking what payments were made or if the amounts are even correct. 
  • Our picks

egawe

The Gym Group and Harlands Admin Fee

Hello guys

As many others,

I am in a situation where I missed my monthly payment and Harlands want me to pay admin fee of 12 pounds. 
I know its not much but I dont want to pay that.

I have read multiple topics here with the same problem

I know the way now is to cancel DD and to send the letter offering to pay 1 month and nothing else, 14 days to respond, otherwise I shall not pay anything. 

My question is:

If Harlands claim to its admin fees is in fact illegal or at least not enforceable - why bother sending the letter at all?

Why dont I just cancel my DD and send an email saying Im happy to pay one month fee but thats it. 

If they answer to that email and they will - isnt that sufficient proof that they have received my email and I had a good will to pay my monthly fee?

Also, are you 100% sure that if I follow the instructions with the letter, there is no chance they can ever cause me any kind of trouble except for the threats of course?

Thank you very much for your insights and answers.

letter not email

unlawful - not illegal or unenforceable

gyms don't do court

gym debts don't show on credit files

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Egawe and welcome to CAG

Firstly, can you please confirm the amount of the suggested admin fee as £12 is lower than previously and normally charged by Harlands/CRS.

Send the letter to Harlands offering to pay the missed fee but no more. As DX says, post the letter.

If they fail to accept the offer, cancel the DD mandate via your bank. And if they use the DD mandate to take any amount in excess of the monthly fees, you can reclaim this using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Posted (edited)

Dear all

I can confirm they are now asking for a lower fee of 12 pounds. Probably because people will be less motivated to fight it and they will collect more money. 

I will be leaving Scotland within a month so I have decided to pay. In the attached file you can see a screenshot of the email from them.

Bez názvu.png

Edited by egawe

Then cancel the dd

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Egawe,

I suspect they're reducing the £25 to £12 as they think this will be easier to justify as it's in line with the maximum fee chargeable by credit cards. However, we advise folk to challenge such fees if credit card operators charge you and even more so if Harlands try this.

I suspect they'll take the £24.99 using the DD and then seek the gym fee next month because you haven't followed their "cancellation process".

I strongly suggest you cancel the DD mandate and write the letter suggested in my last post. If they've already taken the DD from your bank, you can reclaim it using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

If you pay them this month, they'll see you as an easy target and come for more.

Please confirm :-

1. Are you in a rolling monthly agreement or a 12 month agreement that is still in the first 12 months.

2. Have you given the gym or Harlands written notice of cancellation.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)