My Landlord has changed the TDS type from Insurance to Custodial and advises me that I will no longer receive Interest on my Deposit after 20+ years of receiving interest  ,it was a part of the original  contract.Can they do this???????

FS

in short yes because the interest payable is so low.

Eric you are correct the interest is very low which will stop me from making any form of complaint,just having a sound of,as it is the same Landlord who refuses to honour a letter sent 18+ years ago that my rent would never increase more than 10% 

FS

well the letter saying rent wont increase by more than  10% is enforceable, just that your tenancy will be ended by LL at the end of the assured period and they will start afresh with you or someone else

eric thanks for your response, we started with an  6 month AST that was 20+ years ago which was never renewed until 2 years ago with another 6 month AST which once again has  never been renewed, at the same time we had a 25% rent increase and now we are facing another 25% increase in September.The LL agent stated after taking legal advice that the 10% rent increase letter was no longer enforceable 

FS