Can I force AVON to delete my details?

angeljs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unlike most of the horror stories about Avon, I actually had a very positive and financially rewarding experience. However, due to recent mobility issues I've had to give up my round with no idea when, or if ever, I will be able to start work again.

My issue is this - I contacted everyone I should have and informed them that I was resigning. I emailed Avon and asked them to delete my account. However, there is apparently no way to do this. They said that my account would become inactive if I don't place an order within three campaigns, and then it's still kept for another eighteen campaigns in case I want to re-join.

I was under the impression, in view of the new privacy laws, that any company/website had, by law, to delete any data they hold on anyone upon request. Is that the case, as I find the new laws a bit confusing!?

Edited by angeljs

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

No doesnt work like that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Although I did receive an email back from them to say I will still continue to receive info via email and text.

The right to be forgotten is not absolute, and usually there is a reason why they cannot just delete any data they hold about you. That said, if they are using consent as the lawful basis to send you texts and emails then you absolutely have the right to withdraw that consent and they should cease sending you these emails/texts .

Yes, I did wonder about that. I'll check their next email to see if there's an unsubscribe link.

Thanks

Block and bounce the email address

block the text number

Simple

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...