Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all, 

I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. 

My fiancé and I have just found out that we are expecting our first baby. We currently claim esa as a joint claim as well as my fiancé receiving PIP and I receive a small amount of carers allowance for caring for him. I'm just a little worried and unsure as to how this news will effect our benefits? 

We live in a live universal credit area so I'm worried we will be transferred on to this. Needless to say that I've heard some horror stories about this new benefit system. 

Any help and advice would be great fully appreciated. 

Thank you so much, 

Busybee 🐝 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No change needs to be advised until you reach 11 weeks before birth and then you send the matb1 form into any interested benefits department.


Once the baby is born, then yes you may claim Universal Credit, as such things as child tax credits have been replaced by UC.


You don't state whether you are in assssment period of ESA, support or wrag.  If you are contacted about any health assessment review while pregnant, then advise the assessment company.


i would suggest a benefits review. Perhaps check Entitledto or Turn2us or book to see Citizens Advice who are trained to assist with UC/benefit enquiries.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...