BankFodder BankFodder

sofiaa

Please help me to draft a request of change of work hours to team leader

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 243 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can you help me draft a request to my team leader of change of work hours from 9am-5am to requested change of hours of 8am to 4pm

I want to add in the message that my mother is disabled and I need to be back home before 5pm and finishes at 5pm I will get home after 6pm which is too late.

I also take my mother to her appointments which she prefers to make after 4.45pm which allows me to come home without having to book time off work

I've never put a request like this before in writing, can someone please help me draft a short request which I can send asap this week to my team leader, help appreciated and thanks :-)

Hi.

What we normally suggest is that people post up what they're proposing to send and then we can help them to refine it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

In the request, I think you also need to suggest how the 4 - 5 part of the day can be covered with minimum impact to the business.

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It would be helpful if you could say what employment sector you work in, fror example if you work in retail and your shop only opens between 9 and 5 they are unlikely to agree.

Are there others doing the same role who would agree to change their hours to make this request a simple one for the employer to agree to?

Also have your mother been assessed for personal care? do you live in the same property? there may be more than one solution to your problem

Here is my request

Dear Joe Bloggs

I mentioned in my last employee performance review meeting last month that my mother is disabled collapsed in the kitchen which caused bruising and cuts to her face. Since then she collapased in the bathroom. I would like to request a change of hours from my current working hours of 9am - 5pm to 8am to 4pm, so I can be at home because my sister  who comes to check on my mother has to leave to collect her children from school and go home at 3.30pm. 

I hope you can accomodate my request

Kind Regards

Sofia

What do you think of this? I kept it short and simple

Edited by sofiaa
spelling

I think they can immediately reject it, because you have not said how the last part of the day can be covered if you are not there.

You need to describe not just what YOU need, but how THEIR work gets done.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!