• Tweets

• Hey guys,   I was using a utility supplier for 18 months. Every month, paid my direct debit on time. One day, they reviewed my account and said they had miscalculated my energy consumption and I now owe them £900.    I switched energy suppliers straight away as a consequence.    I am now being contacted by UK Search Limited by phone, email and text message. So far, I haven't responded and don't intend to.   I've checked my credit file. The account with the original utility supplier is closed and settled according to Credit Karma.    So what should I do with UK Search Limited? As far as I see it:   Completely ignore them until they go away (my preferred option) Contact them in some way and dispute the debt   I would be very grateful for any advice on how to proceed. I currently have an excellent credit score.    Thank you,  
    • Afternoon guys.   Just received the following from the dealer I purchased from:   Dear Mr Fish.   Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your car.   Unfortunately my contract of sale on this vehicle is with CarMoney Ltd and any issues or complaints will have to come from them. You can contact CarMoney on 0333 4564550 you will need your finance reference number for security.   Kind regards David Wickes GCS Cars Ltd
    • Hi  Has anyone recently had any joy with claiming or at least getting a hold of these people I got a car with them back in 99 and was definitely mis-sold PPI  Tried to claim through a 3rd party but they have said that they no longer have them on their list - I had to state Direct Auto Finance and Provident Financial who were the underwriters i believe    Really need some help    Thanks 
    • Hi,sorry .The Gararge is called Jordan Motors House Ltd. Is there any thing else you would like to know?
    • Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd   Date of issue 16/08/19.     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1. The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into a. Talk Talk telecom Ltd with reference (Account Number) and current balance 485. b. Vanquis Bank with refrence (Card Number) current balance 596 The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to claimant. and the claimant claims. a) the total of the said sums being 1080. b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the interest rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. but limited to one year, being 7 C) Costs     What is the total value of the claim? 1317   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and landline/mobile   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? card on line / landline mobile by phone   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? cant remember   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes   Why did you cease payments? on the vanquish card because my wife lost her job and at the same time so did my son so all household bills became my responsibility. the talk talk was canceled by me , due to at least two data breaches ant the mobile was canclled as it was a monthly contract I no longer needed but they carried on charging me for a further 4 months claiming I did not cancel it correctly   What was the date of your last payment? 2016   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? yes to both   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no
  • Our picks

benq

Lloyds credit Card debt now with Wescott

I've been advised that as I have been making payments to this debt, I will never get it statute barred. So it's now time to try and pay it off before they send me a PAP.

Before I do anything (like sending of an SAR) I just want to check in with the megaminds on CAG.

My plan would be to:

1. Send an SAR to Lloyds
  2. Find out how much of the balance is charges and interest
  3. Start a repayment plan/pay the remaining balance.

Details of the debt:

• Credit card
  • £3100
  • Wescott last contact Mar 16
  • Lloyds last contact June 18, advising they've credited me with £200 as 'they did not always take the appropriate course of action'
  • last payment was 2 weeks ago

whom are wetcloths client please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Posted (edited)

Wecotts Clients are Lloyds Bank PLC.

I have already asked for a CCA, which they responded to in the correct time, this is in May 2016.

Edited by benq

I am making a £1 a month token payment. Should I cease all payments, or continue?

as the card is still owed by the OC, and as you've seen, they usually are able to comply, then its enforceable.

so no don't cease payment.

however get an SAR running.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

because they sent the CCA back within the allotted time, I am to keep payments going.

SAR sent to Lloyds, second class today

SAR from Lloyds received today, what do I do now? Total up the interest and charges?

you should have been reading up on charges reclaiming in the down time.

CISHEET

enter every charge on the date it was levied

put their avg int rate in D15.

spreadsheets 

Do i put down 'Cardholder protection plan' as well?

Obviously this is PPI. on a seperate note, i did claim for this many years ago but they refused to pay out.

On my statement, ive got 'date of transaction' and 'date entered', which date do i put down?

CPP was an annual card protection policy administered  by a sep company ..not levied by the original creditor.

your claim was against CPP but you are now out of time I suspect.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/260-cpp-group-plc/

spreadsheets 

Sorry, in my SAR, Lloyds sent info on a previous credit car i forgot about.

I'm now going through the statements that relate to this topic.

I've filled out the form. I've included interest, as well as late charges, is that correct?

For the claim from and to, do I put the date of the first and last transaction?

Nope ppi only

Claim from date 1st ppi

if the card is still active there is no claim to date

spreadsheets 

There is no PPI on this credit card.

The card is not active.

What does this mean for me?

Hi Guys, whats the next step?

so was this annual CPP or you did find monthly PPI charges?

spreadsheets 

Hi dx,

There was no CPP or PPI at all.

Hi @dx100uk whats the plan on this now?