When is an extension complete for the purpose of payment?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning everyone,

We recently had an extension built.  The original agreement was payment in three segments; at start, upon completion of the footings and then the final payment upon completion.  In fact we have made various different payments and owe now just under £1000.

I am after advice as to when the building is deemed 'complete'.  We have had a leaking roof and my view is that the building is not yet complete as there remains to be issues.  Our builder takes the view that it is complete and that final payment should be made and the 10 year warranty will cover the leaking roof (he has been back to try and sort this twice now).

He is now saying that the warranty will be void unless final payment is made now.  

Our view is that the build is not complete as the roof is leaking.  

Any advice/views would be gratefully received. 

Many  thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to CAG 

I have moved your thread/topic to the appropriate forum.Please continue to post here,

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Its complete when your satisfied and any snaggings have been corrected and faults rectified to your satisfaction....then you pay the balance

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

agree, a leaking roof is not a minor snag.

10 year warranty? If they cant build something properly in the first place then what will that be worth in a fortnight, let alone 10 years.

egt a surveyor to have a look at what they ahve done and then tell them that you expect any faults found during the survey will be corrected before sign off and final payment. If they then walk away I wouldnt be surprised, they know their limitations

• Thanks 1