Counterfeit 16+ Oyster 71 times - TfL refuses OOC settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

7.—(1) No passenger on a vehicle being used for the carriage of passengers at separate fares shall use any ticket which has–

(a)been altered or defaced;

(b)been issued for use by another person on terms that it is not transferable; or

(c)expired.

(2) Save as provided in paragraph (3), every passenger on a vehicle being used for the carriage of passengers at separate fares shall–

(a)declare, if so requested by the driver, inspector or conductor, the journey which he intends to take, is taking or has taken in the vehicle;

(b)where the vehicle is being operated by the driver without a conductor–

(i)save as provided in (ii) below, immediately on boarding the vehicle, pay the fare for the journey he intends to take to the driver or, where appropriate, by inserting in any fare-collection equipment provided on the vehicle the money or token required to pay that fare; or

(ii)if otherwise directed by the driver, an inspector or a notice displayed on the vehicle, shall pay the fare for his journey in accordance with the direction;

25 Regulation of conduct of passengers.

(1)Regulations may make provision generally as to the conduct of passengers on public service vehicles [F1or tramcars] and in particular (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision) for—

(a)authorising the removal from a public service vehicle [F1or tramcar] of a person infringing the regulations by the driver, inspector or conductor of the vehicle or on the request of the driver, inspector or conductor by a police constable;

(b)requiring a passenger in a public service vehicle [F1or tramcar] who is reasonably suspected by the driver, inspector or conductor thereof of contravening the regulations to give his name and address to the driver, inspector or conductor on demand;

(c)requiring a passenger to declare, if so requested by the driver, inspector or conductor, the journey he intends to take or has taken in the vehicle, and to pay the fare for the whole of that journey and to accept any ticket provided therefor;

(d)requiring, on demand being made for the purpose by the driver, inspector or conductor, production during the journey and surrender at the end of the journey by the holder thereof of any ticket issued to him;

(e)requiring a passenger, if so requested by the driver, inspector or conductor, to leave the vehicle on the completion of the journey the fare for which he has paid;

(f)requiring the surrender by the holder thereof on the expiry of the period for which it is issued of a ticket issued to him.

(2). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F2

(3)Subject to section 68(1) of this Act, if a person contravenes, or fails to comply with, a provision of regulations having effect by virtue of this section, he shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding [F3level 3 on the standard scale].

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't think we've seen a phone number for them recently, unless someone else knows otherwise. Have you tried ringing customer service and asked to be put through to the person dealing with your case? You may not see the prosecutor until the day of the court hearing.

Do you have the name of the person dealing with your case?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

have you returned that court form yet?

also

just today

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes, so i manage to get a number for IAP through the customer service line. It's very busy so I'm trying to call them until I get a response. I'm so bad at writing email so I hope that I can get through them by talking. 

And yes, I know my prosecutor, I found his LinkedIn as well but I don't think it's a good idea to contact through that

did you copy your statement [from the back of the court form] to TfL by their email quoting your case number in the subject field?

they wont see that as the form goes to the court.

dx

and they

you should be sending a copy of your statement to TfL too

and they

thank you, I'm doing it now

So I'm about to send another email to my prosecutor, what do you think?

Dear Mr. 

I have returned the court summon form to the court last week. I have attached the copies for your reference. Once again, I hope that you can please reconsider regarding the charges and I hope that I can have a chance to explain myself to your before this court date (17/7). 

Being charged with criminal conviction affected largely to my current study as I am half way there; as an immigrant, I can get deported because of this and rejection from my university. I can prove to you that I have been in good characteristic for the past 9 years I have been in the UK and only studied here and did nothing else.

This has been a painful lesson for me and I would never do this again. I will be more than grateful if you can let me repay for all unfaid fare and administrative cost involved in my case. I know that you have all the evidence against me but could you please give me one more chance to prove to you that I will not repeat any crime ever again.

I hope this email finds you well and I hope all the best to you and the TfL team.

Sincere apologies,

whats your old address got to do with this?

and they

a simple note to advise in the interim you moved should be enough 

and they

Yes

and they

I would not be saying anything to the magistrate other than your statement.

and they

So I will plead guilty and attend court.

When they ask me if I have any further thing to say,

I'm planning to write it down,

bring it with me so that I don't get freak out.

Could you help me review it?

Dear your Honor and the TfL team,

My name is [...]. I have been studying in the UK for nearly 9 years, currently holding a Tier 4 Student Visa.

I am attending the court today for fare evasion charges that I have committed and feel ashamed for what I did. What I did was not appropriate and has caused trouble for TfL and the public purse themselves; therefore, please consider my most sincere apologies. This is my first and my last ever offence that I will ever committed.

Over the course since this happened, I have been considering on how to get back on track and be a better person for the society and for myself.

I have been obeying TfL policy ever since and do not plan to repeat my crime ever again.

I also want you to please consider my mitigation circumstances upon my punishment,

I have been in the country for a long time for my academic research and planning to apply for a leave to remain after my study finishes, this can affect largely to my application.

I am half way to my Doctorate research and I really hope that I can continue to finish my research.

If there is a conviction on my record, there is a chance that my university will reconsider and postpone my research which will be devastating for my academic development which my parents have heavily invested in.

Moreover, because I have been spending all my time in the country, if I then come back to my country ,I will be more lost because I have developed into the custom.

My parents are now all retired and I hope after finishing my studies,

I can get a good job to support them, with this conviction on my record, it will be more difficult for myself to find a good job in order to repay for what my parents have done for me.

I hope you can please consider my plea, I will be more than grateful to pay for all the unpaid fare and administration cost for the court and TfL.

Once again, thank you for listening and I apologise for my behaviour 

it would be very rare not to get a criminal conviction once infront of the judge.

it might be better to rephrase the last bit to you have offered to fully settle numerous times before our, but have been refused.

and they

but in English eh?

the above makes no sense at all

and they