Barclays said no ppi - now CMC has won for me - are the bank responsible for the CMC fee charged as they initially misled me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I was told by Barclays that I did not have PPI but I knew I had. 

I resorted to using a claims company who succeeded in getting the claim but obviously I had to pay them 24% fee. 

Can I claim the fee back from Barclays as they should have paid me when I first claimed (via Resolver). 

I do have paperwork from Barclays saying that I couldn't claim.

Thanks.

In principle I have to say that if the bank misleads you for some reason other then there is definitely a chance that you should be able to recover your expenses from if you have to go for independent help.

However you need to give us far more detail as to why Barclays said that you couldn't claim.

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays said no ppi - now CMC has won for me - are the bank responsible for the CMC fee charged as they initially misled me?

They told me in 2017 that I because it was over 6 years since the account was taken out (it was in 1996) and over 3 years after I changed the account (2004) that I could not claim.  I did refer it to the Financial Ombudsman but did not get any response.  When I did get the claim upheld it states it was for PPI on an overdraft dated March 1998 to July 2004 which is obviously within the timeframe they previously said I couldn't claim for.

Your advices would be appreciated.

You say that they told you in 2017 – do you have this in writing?

When you say referred it to the financial ombudsman – was this as a result of a final response letter from the bank? Were you ever issued with a reference number by the ombudsman service?

Yes I have the letter from Barclays dismissing my claim.  When I sent the complaint form to the Ombudsman I was out of the 6 month time frame as stated in the Barclays letter which is probably why I did not receive anything from them.

Okay. If you have a letter which clearly states those reasons for denying you your PPI claim then you are on a good start. However I think it's going to take a long time and don't expect Barclays to be very cooperative.

You could begin by bringing in immediate legal action but maybe the best thing to do is to begin a new complaint of Barclays and then when they give you their final response letter to take it to the ombudsman.

On that basis I think that you should contact Barclays and begin the complaint and confirm in writing. Confirm everything in writing and also read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

Your complaint of Barclays will be that during your original PPI claim they declined the claim on misleading grounds so that their wrongdoing left you with no choice other than to turn to a professional claims management company. This put you in a position where you were obliged to pay fees which if Barclays had dealt with your claim correctly, you would have not been obliged to pay.

Therefore it is a result of Barclays unfair treatment of you that you have suffered a 24% loss in the money paid out to you.

Use this as the basis of your complaint to Barclays and when you get a final response letter, don't hang around. Make the complaint to the FOS immediately but come to us so that we can have a look at the wording of the complaint you are submitting to the FOS.

Okay in that case begin by contacting the ombudsman – try doing it by telephone and ask them what's happening because you've never received any information.

I hope you won't mind me saying that it seems to me that you need to get on top of your files and have them organised and your paperwork under control.

When you find out something from the ombudsman comeback you

professional claims management company:lol:😚🕵️‍♂️😂😄

don't think that's the right description of any CMC

commercial possibly

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whoops, – my bad.