"Grade A 3" product cracked casing acceptable in a portable air conditioner?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I purchased a PAC from Appliance Direct for £239 - some £60 below the brand new version for an A3 grade PAC.

It arrived Saturday and I unpacked last night (filming it) and found that the casing was cracked and a line of tape covering some of it. I have attached photos before. I have informed AD and rejected it - yet to hear from them, but the original product page said that A3 grading was "moderate exterior damage".  

Who thinks a cracked case in an air conditioner is safe and whether it is reasonable to sell a product like this and class it as "moderate exterior damage". I expected dents or scratches perhaps, but not a crack as shown. Surely this is unacceptable?

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-19 at 22.08.41(2).png

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-19 at 22.08.41(1).png

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-19 at 22.08.41(3).png

Edited by blue_eyes777

It is what it says on the box. If the damage stops it from working or significantly redices its working life then you have grounds for complaint.

Personally I woudl expect it to be a damed sight cheaper than £60 off the retail, they buy thm for almost nothing.

I have a freind who used to buy electrical items from the warehouses that deal with all the returned catalogue items, end of stock runs etc and he wouldnt pay more than 20% of the retail price but risked getting the odd duff unit as part of the risk.

Personally I would rely on my rights under the CRA to reject the item and demand a refund. You have bought it as a distance contract so dont have to give a reason for returning but you will ned to hurry and let them know you dont want it.

Thanks.

I've actually talked to the CAB and they have referred it to Trading Standards for being an unsafe or dangerous product as the casing is open.

AD, the supplier insisted it was cosmetic damage - let's see what Trading Standards say.  

NOOOO just send it back within the time you are allowed to, waiting fo a load of wafflers to advise you that you are too late to enforce your rights wont make you happy.

What is the point of coming here for advice if you then do the opposite?. TS dotn deal with individual problems, they may well prosecute the company for somehting but that wont get you your money back or a new a/c unit. YOU have to do that.