Disabled persons Freedom pass in oyster 94 times - Byelaw 17(1) TFL (Freedom Pass) court summons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the TfL address is on the letter in the other thread I linked earlier

just state your case number

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

T

TFL's response to my letter:

Dear Mr ------.

Thank you for your email, we have read and noted your comments.

On [DATE] you  attempted to travel from [LOCATION] station. At about 06.58am you entered through the way in barriers using a pass which activated the gate line monitors. When you were initially approached you  produced a bank card for inspection, when this was checked it had not been used. You then produced a Disabled persons Freedom Pass that did not belong to you and you were not entitled to use it.  Further investigation carried out by this department identified a further 94 journeys you were suspected of making using the pass, avoiding fares of over £341.00.

This type of behaviour has a direct impact on the travelling public, and it deprives TfL of important income. TfL is the only major public transport system in Europe that that is not subsidised by central government. The unfortunate reality of this is that TfL are hugely reliant on the income from fares. TfL in turn take fair and appropriate action against those that avoid paying these fares. The loss of income through unpaid fares is a factor taken into consideration when considering annual fare rises

TfL believes that good warning is given to all passengers in relation to the possible implications of travelling without a valid ticket, and it is our view that you made a conscious decision to travel without a ticket or pass on [DATE]. It is our view that you would have been aware you were not entitled to use the Freedom Pass as it contained a picture of your Father. We are also of the view that by producing a bank card when first stopped indicated that the use of the freedom pass was not a mistake.

You will note that the charge against you is a solitary one of failing to produce a valid ticket whilst in a compulsory ticket area. This offence is a strict liability matter and there is no element of dishonesty contained within the wording of the charge. It is our view that a conviction of this nature would not prevent you from continuing with your chosen career path with [MY WORKPLACE], and the documents you have supplied us do not persuade us other wise. In terms of any potential impact on your future career, if your were to be convicted of this offence, then it is likely that you would receive a fine and therefore the conviction would become spent after 12 months and would not need to be disclosed in the majority of instances. It is also open to you to elaborate on the circumstances and nature of the offence if queries arise when applying for a job.

Under the circumstances TfL intends to continue with the matter, and we would advise you to pay close attention to the paperwork you have received as you are required to submit your plea to the court prior to your hearing date.

Yours sincerely

Edited by Khali007

yes reply to the court summons..

plead guilty and state you will attend

thus you can personally show your remorse to the judge.

I actually think that is a good reply from them too..

it carefully explains your position, quietly indicating what  you must do to mitigate things.

there is nothing to stop you approaching the TfL prosecutor   on the day make sure you have funds available to pay immediately eitherway.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am in a similar situation. Should I contact the TFL prosector at this stage only having just received the court summons?

There is a page for mitigating circumstances. Do I fill that in as part of my plea or write a separate 'begging email/letter' to TFL prosecutor?

Edited by MJlina

please keep to your own thread MJlina

already answered there

and they