been with CCCS/Step Change on a DMP since 2006 - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have looked through a few threads to get an idea of what to do in regard to clearing all my outstanding debts, 

7 in total as follow below,

that all date back to 2004 and earlier.

And have been with CCCS/Step Change on a DMP since 2006

now as a pensioner at the age of 71,

I need  to find the best way to proceed,

to clear all these debts finally, 

up until now have being paying back £5 per month on each of the 7 debts via Step Change

Now planned to cancel my long standing arrangement with Step Change at the end of this month (May ’19) to move things on

Plus I have already sent to 5 of the DCA’s a CCA request to start with (see below)

Am now hoping I can be helped by the forum with some good advice on how to eventually resolve these long term debts in the best possible way?

Details of my debts follow.

First Direct (Over-draught) £4,440

Was forwarded onto Metropolitan –> Hoist –> now with Robinson Way, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to Robinson Way

Robinson Way offered a 50% settlement by letter 27/9/18 (I did not reply)

Not showing on my credit reports (am actively looking through old paperwork for a default notice)

CCA sent to Robinson Way on 13/5/2019

Barclay Card (C/Card) £3,470

Was forwarded onto IDR Finance –> now with Link, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to Link

C/Score shows B/Card in the closed accounts and £0, and a Link entry of £3470 with no payment history dated Oct 2013

Noodle shows just a Link open entry for £3470 defaulted on 31/10/2013

Experian shows B/Card settled with £0 on 24/10/13 – then Link with £3470 and defaulted 31/10/13  (am actively looking through old paperwork for a default notice)

CCA sent to Link on 10/5/2019

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Was forwarded onto Link Sept 2013, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to Link

C/Score shows CO-OP in closed accounts £0 owing and last payment dated Sept 2013

Noodle no entry

Experian shows CO-OP settled with £0 on 5/9/13 last updated 9/7/2017, and no entry for Link

Have a default notice from CO-OP dated 11 May 2011

CCA sent to Link on 13/5/2019

Halifax (C/Card) £2860

Date of default 29/07/2008 (£4,176)

Was forwarded onto Westcot –> now with PRA Group, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to PRA

Not showing on my credit reports (am actively looking through old paperwork for a default notice)

CCA sent to PRA Group on 10/5/19

Virgin/MBNA (C/Card) £1,180

Was forwarded onto Moorgate–> now with Cabot, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to Cabot

Cabot offered 45% settlement 26/3/2019 (I did not reply)

CCA sent to Cabot on 10/5/2019

Tesco/RBS (Loan) £2,140

Was forwarded onto Incasso –> DWF–> now with Shoosmiths Solicitors, paying £5 p/m via S/Change Shoosmiths

Tesco on a 6mth basis send invoice updates of account

No CCA sent as yet, who should I send one to, Tesco or Shoosmiths?

EGG (C/Card) £7,500

Moved to Barclay Card with EGG collapse, paying £5 p/m via S/Change to Barclay Card

Date of default 22/11/2006 (£12,072)

A CCA was sent to Barclay Card in 2012, was advised (have letter) no CCA available and that the debt was unenforceable, but mentioned action could be possible taken. CCCS at the time advised that I continue to pay on my DMP, so have since.

Not showing on my credit reports (am actively looking through old paperwork for any default notice)

Please advise the best action on this and the other 6 debts?

As it now seems looking at the forum that I have being “cash cowed?”... On several of my debts, and just wished I had done something sooner about my situation.

I had in 2012 sent out some CCA’s but as it seemed and was advised there was not much I could do then;

I did not take any further actions, due to my then situation and did not want to rock the boat!

I now though just want to get some clarity on what is the best thing to do, and will appreciate any help given.

Apologises if my story is rather long, I just wanted to give as much detail as possible to the forum.

Thanks

welcome back

what was your old username please?

pers i'd stop paying the OD debt totally as long as hoist know your correct address if you've moved since taking this OD out?

the rest yes CCA request time as you've done

yes I suspect 90% of these debts are cash cowers so give it a few months and you could see most of these wiped out.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for the quick reply!

And the welcome back greeting...  re my original 2012 username and the one I'm still using it's "Gator"

As for OD debt have sent the CCA request to Robinson Way with  all the details of my new address on it,  which was not  my original address back in 2006, should I now notify Hoist also of the address change, or is it all the same company and no need?

And as I'm stopping DMP with Step Change in June, no payments will be made to any of the 7 debts, so no payments will be going to Hoist/RW

Hopefully as mentioned most  of these debts will be wiped out in the coming months!

RE:  Tesco/Shoosmith debt, what/who should I contact (CCA?) them,  or just not do nothing, as yet? 

All your help appreciated

Gator

you cant cca bank accounts.

but no worries atleast they now have your correct address

robbersway are just a trading name of the hoist group all the same lot.

for the Tesco debt

who is shoosmiths stated client on their letters?

you cca incasso.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

actually this debt looks like its still owned by tescos if they are sending statements still?

and they

Hi

re: you cant cca bank accounts? And the info about Hoist/RW ..thanks!

Ok I'll wait and see what they do/say then, or is there any other action I should take?

And re:

Tesco debt don't have any paper work for Shoosmiths,

just know that they are the name shown on the Step Change payments.

Like you say if Tesco's are still sending payment invoices etc, then they are  presumably still the debt owners?

What's best to do here?

Contact Tesco/Shoosmiths with a CCA or just wait?

Thanks 

Gator

CCA Tesco's then

if you ask stepchange they should know who the owner is.

and they

use the custom google search bar after clicking our top logo

cash cow

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Listed below is an update to the latest situation known with debts as of 1st June 2019

And as you can see I have now  as planned cancelled my Debt Management Plan (DMP), which had dated back to Oct 2006 with CCCS/Stepchange on all these debts

Would  therefore gladly appreciate any help as to what actions I should be doing next, especially with the Halifax/Lloyds - (PRA Group) credit card debt, as described below?

Thanks for  help given

Gator

Details of debts follow:

First Direct (Over-draught) £4,440

Update

Robinson Way sent a letter dated 16/5/19 which is an acknowledgement advising that the account is now on hold, until requested documents have been found/sent
DMP now cancelled with Stepchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barclay Card (C/Card) £3,470

defaulted by Link on 31/10/2013

Update

No reply from Link to date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Update

Halifax/Lloyds (C/Card) £2860

Date of default 29/07/2008

CCA sent to PRA Group on 10/5/19

Update

PRA sent an acknowledgement letter and advised account on hold dated 14/05/19 + the £1 PO was returned

On the 28/5/19 PRA sent a photocopy of the original signed agreement and appears reconstructed documents of the credit card terms and conditions etc

And asking me to please contact their office within 10 days of receipt of this letter and agents will discuss account and  help come to a mutually acceptable agreement  for settling outstanding balance

A further letter from PRA arrived later and not dated, saying the account was on hold and that they would be in contact to provide an update

Note: The last 2 letters sent both have my new address details incorrect, even though I had given them my new address details when I requested the CCA.

They have my road name wrong and also my town name is spelt incorrectly?

And it’s only down it seems to a good postman that I have received both of them, as the postcode and my name is at least correct!….

Question)  What  action should I now do re any contact with PRA?  

And should I advise (via post) PRA of their address details mistake?

Virgin/MBNA (C/Card) £1,180

Cabot offered a 45% settlement 26/3/2019 (I did not reply)

Update

No reply re the CCA from Cabot to date, only a six month statement letter dated 28/4/2019 –(which is before the CCA request date?)

Tesco/RBS (Loan) £2,140

Was forwarded onto Shoosmiths Solicitors for administration

Update

CCA sent to Tesco’s on 30/5/19 and a copy to Shoosmiths for their reference
No reply yet as only sent  just recently

EGG (C/Card) £7,500

Moved to Barclay Card with EGG collapse

Date of default 22/11/2006

A CCA was sent to Barclay Card in 2012, was advised (have their letter) that no CCA was available and that the debt was unenforceable, but they mentioned action could be possible taken. CCCS/Stepchange at the time advised that I continue to pay on my DMP, so have since.

Update
No action planned to be taken just yet, as thought it best option to see what happens next as....

Well done let things run

Start a new thread about the hbos card in the hbos forum

scan up the cca return to one pdf

read upload...

so 99% cash cowing gone..good work!!

and they

Hi

Thanks for your advice and will start a new thread in the hbos forum very shortly and as requested I have uploaded the CCA return documents from PRA Group for your inspection

Please re-advice, will any action needed re the mistakes PRA have with my address details?

And yes only early days, but hopefully the cash cowing is now starting to stop

Your encouragement and advice is appreciated

Gator

PRA_response_docs_from _CCA _request.pdf

Hi 

have  now received a letter from Cabot dated 27th May 2019 after a CCA request was sent for on my old Virgin/MBNA debt 

Letter reads: We're  still processing your request, we have contacted the original lender for the relevant information. As we have been unable to provide you with the information you have requested, your Credit Agreement is unenforceable until we are able to reply to your request.

This means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in Court

Letter then goes on to say, thank you for making payments towards account, please continue making payments!

As my payments have  now been stopped with Stepchange, this will not be the case

Any comments appreciated re Cabot letter? ... other than probably do nothing?

PS: Re my Halifax/Virgin debt with PRA Group I have  now moved  it to HBOS forum , but the forum administration mentioned that as dx100uk had been  initially been helping with advice etc ...  would therefore possible be the very best hope with any advice I could get with further actions on this issue

Help appreciated

Thanks Gator

History of my Cabot debt follows for reference....

CCA sent to Cabot on 10/5/2019

Update

No reply re the CCA from Cabot to date, only a six month statement letter dated 28/4/2019 –(which is before the  CCA request date?)

Further to update, received a letter from Cabot, as per the details above

So another cash cow accounts removed

Keep going

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi 

here is a further update of my debts and what responses I have had  recently from the debt collection agencies etc.

Any help on what to do will be much appreciated

best regards

Gator

NEW Update: 30th July 2019

Robinson Way sent a letter dated 15/7/2019 saying that as they have been unable to provide all the details requested that the account is now marked as unenforceable, but to still get in contact to discuss paying a reduced amount owed?

Help appreciated on what action, if any, I should take?

Still no reply from Link to date?

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Cabot sent a letter dated 26/6/2019 saying that as they have been unable to provide any details from the original lender,  so the account is now marked as unenforceable, but to still get in contact with them to discuss about continuing to repay the account?

Tesco/ RBS (Loan) £2,140

Both Tesco’s dated 28/6/19 and Shoosmiths 15/7/19 has now replied with a copy of the original signed Credit Agreement CCA 1974.

With a request from Shoosmiths asking that I contact them and discuss how to arrange to pay what is owed?

The Tesco and Shoosmiths documents sent can be uploaded if required.

Help appreciated on what action, I should take?

EGG (C/Card) £7,500

A CCA was sent to Barclay Card in 2012, was advised (have their letter) that no CCA was available and that the debt was unenforceable, but they mentioned action could be possible taken. CCCS/Stepchange at the time advised that I continue to pay on my DMP, so have since.

Still now contact from Barclays, so no action planned to be taken just yet, as thought it best option to just see what happens?

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

Hi 

here is a further update of my debts and what responses I have had  recently from the  debt collection agencies etc.

Any help on what to do will be much appreciated

best regards

Gator

Robinson Way sent a letter dated 15/7/2019 saying that as they have been unable to provide all the details requested that the account is now marked as unenforceable, but to still get in contact to discuss paying a reduced amount owed?

Help appreciated on what action, if any, I should take? - none ignore them for now. stop paying if you were.

Help appreciated on what action, if any, I should take? none ignore them for now. stop paying if you were.

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Help appreciated on what action, if any, I should take? none ignore them for now. stop paying if you were.

Cabot sent a letter dated 26/6/2019 saying that as they have been unable to provide any details from the original lender,  so the account is now marked as unenforceable, but to still get in contact with them to discuss about continuing to repay the account?

Tesco/ RBS (Loan) £2,140

Both Tesco’s dated 28/6/19 and Shoosmiths 15/7/19 has now replied with a copy of the original signed Credit Agreement CCA 1974.

With a request from Shoosmiths asking that I contact them and discuss how to arrange to pay what is owed?

The Tesco and Shoosmiths documents sent can be uploaded if required.

Help appreciated on what action, I should take? make a new thread scan up the CCA return to one PDF file read upload

EGG (C/Card) £7,500

Still now contact from Barclays, so no action planned to be taken just yet, as thought it best option to just see what happens?

as above in blue

dx

and they

Hi

Thanks for your speedy reply to my updates of my list of debts,

I will follow your advice on not responding to those that were answered in blue and for the Tesco/Shoosmiths debt will make a new thread and upload the CCA response documents in a PDF once scanned asap.

All help greatly appreciated

Gator

• dx100uk changed the title to been with CCCS/Step Change on a DMP since 2006 - help please
  • 1 month later...

Hi

here is an update to my Co-op C/Card debt that was passed on to Link in 2013 and  is listed in my earlier posts above

details...

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330 (updated to £,3305.35 by Link in the 14th Aug '19 review letter)

CCA sent to Link on 13th May 2019

Update 30/7/19
No reply from Link to date as of 30th July 2019

New Updates 3/09/19
Received letter from Link dated 14th Aug '19 saying the account is due for a review and for me to fill in a Personal Budget Plan for them. 

Have ignored!

Received another letter from Link dated 29th Aug '19 (reminder notice) that a payment of £5 was due on the 13/08/19 and could I make a payment asap. 

Should I still ignore and also as they have not even sent me a response to my CCA request, that I sent on the 13th May '19.

What actions if any do you think I should take?

All help appreciated as always
Thanks Gator

until/unless someone replies with an enforceable CCA that we check you ignore them

unless or until you get a letter of claim

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi

Here is an update to my Co-op C/Card and Barclay C/Card debts that were passed on to Link in 2013 and are both listed in my earlier posts above

Any help on what further actions are required, greatly appreciated

Regards

Gator

Details follow...

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Update

NEW Update: 4th Oct 2019

Link have eventually sent a reply dated the 26/9/19 to my CCA request from 13/5/19, which supplied documentation in the form of a photocopy of the CO-OP Credit agreement plus a letter saying that therefore the account is enforceable.

Also enclosed was an account summary stating that a current balance of £3305.35 is outstanding, payable immediately and for me to contact them to arrange a payment?

I have checked various credit reports on Experian/Equifax/TransUnion

(i.e. Experian/Clearscore/Credit Karma) and no CO-OP amounts or account show, only that of a LINK entry showing a default on the 31st Oct 2013 and on further investigation it shows that the CO-OP account was marked as settled on the 5th Sept 2013 on Experian, with an open LINK account on TransUnion showing a default of £3459 dated 31st Oct 2013 and Equifax showing the LINK account closed with a balance of £3459? As the 6 year mark is fast approaching, these entries should I believe disappear with regard to all the LINK entries.

LINK as mentioned are requesting I get in contact and arrange to pay them the £3305.35 amount owed to them, but as the debt was incurred with the CO-OP back in February 1999 and the CO-OP have since marked as settled.

Is it possible that LINK can claim ownership of this debt, which they had taken over from the CO-OP and was then defaulted by LINK back in 2013?

As the original agreement I signed was with the CO-OP not LINK

Do LINK have any case to enforce?....and also what is the best action I should take?

To assist with advice I have also uploaded the documentation recently sent from LINK.

Update

NEW Update: 4th Oct 2019

Link have eventually sent a reply dated the 26/9/19 to my CCA request from10/5/19, which says they are unable to comply with my request as Barclaycard have confirmed that they are not able to supply any documentation and therefore the account is unenforceable

Presume that I do nothing with this?

LINK_COOP_CCA_reply.pdf

so another A/c removed from the cash cow milking parlour

start a new topic for the co-op card

scan up all the CCA return to one multipage PDF.

dx

and they