• Tweets

• If the OP follows king’s advice and then the neighbour’s roof leaks, who do you think the neighbour will blame? a) the dodgy “roofers” (who will be long gone), b) the OP for “damaging a perfectly good repair” (even if they don’t damage it, and it wasn’t a good repair!), or c) someone else   King may be technically correct, but the OP following their advice isn’t likely to end well if the neighbour is already ‘difficult’. 
    • I sent a SAR. which also provided a copy of proof of ID, last month to Northumbrian Water, and received no reply whatsoever.   After the 30 day deadline passed i sent off a complaint form to the ICO and sent a letter of claim to NW for breach of statutory duty. (As up until today they had failed to respond in any way to the request that was made)   Today i received a reply saying the my ID wasn't in the standard format and they could not accept it,   (The exact same copy of ID has not been an issue before and the exact same image was accepted perfectly fine by a previous energy company i SAR'd), and that they required i give them 2 forms of I.D, 1 from list A and from List B Along with questioning the alternative address like i mentioned above.   I wanted the request to be sent to the alternate address, as i work full time and i'm not always at my home address, i'd most likely not be in at a time when it can be delivered and can't get to the delivery office easily enough before it would be returned back undelivered. (Which i wanted to avoid happening again as this happened to the last SAR i made.) The address is my partner's address, where i regularly go and who also works from home and wouldn't have issues receiving/collecting mail.
    • yes they are entitled to query...GDPR applies   full story please don't play secret squirrel        
    • Hi,   I received a reply from a SAR I sent today (This was only after I sent a Letter of Claim as the company failed to reply or acknowledge the SAR in any way, though that deserves its own thread)    In the SAR I asked for my request to be sent to an alternate address, In the response they asked for clarification as to why I requested this.    Provided that the company has been given enough proof and information to verify my identity would I need to provide this reason for them to process my request? 
    • Following a six month battle with a supplier concerning the purchase of a faulty item which resulted in the submission of a case to money claims on-line & mediation, an agreed settlement was reached & part of the settlement involved me having to arrange, return & pay the necessary charges to return the faulty item to the supplier/manufacturer. On receipt of the item they would within seven days refund the agreed settlement figure together with the costs of the postal/courier fees.     A contract was taken out with Parcel Force on line, 24 hour express delivery according to the information that is given when entering into this contract, the customer will receive up to date tracking of their parcel together with a message alert when the parcel reaches its destination.   Parcel was picked up as promised   when checking the tracking some 24 hours later the parcel had still not been delivered nor had the tracking.   A number of telephone calls were made to Parcel Force where I was told that my Parcel was at the National Hub but had been delayed due to a malfunction & could I check back later that evening.     Following morning I checked the tracking & it still read the same.   Following several telephone calls I have been informed that they are unable to confirm whether the parcel has been lost,   the exact location of the parcel & whether it will be delivered.     I submitted a claim on line to Parcel Force on the morning of 19th June & to my astonishment when checking the status of the claim a number of hours later have discovered that they have closed my claim.     Status says rejected - claim passed to online team.     Due to the situation of this parcel having to reach its destination as soon as possible I want to pursue this matter via a money claim online process.   I would also like to add that I did not take out an insurance with Parcel Force as I naturally & genuinely assumed that they would fulfil their contract & deliver the parcel as promised.     I feel that I am being given the runaround every time I speak to them   am very keen to commence action against them as soon as possible.     Any advice would be gratefully received & sorry for the long winded post.  
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
Moohound70

EHCP can I ask for school holidays off?

Hi All,

My son has special needs and has an EHCP in place, he has poor muscle tone and muscle weakness and I feel he benefits from spending time outdoors and being active etc. Do I have any rights to be granted leave during school holidays to accommodate his needs?

Kind Regards

Moo

It depends how good or bad your employer is.

Asking doesn't cost anything,  so do it.

I suppose they know about your son's condition,  otherwise you must let them know officially. 

Have you approached organisations that help people with employment rights, specifically about caring responsibilities for the disabled ?

As you are asking on a forum, it seems like your employers have no official position on helping employees with caring responsibilities for disabled ?  You would have raised this with your Line Manager or Human Resources first ?  They have said that you do not have a priority for leave, over other staff.

What have your employers told you ?

Here is a link that may help you.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/work-and-career/other-rights-at-work

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the replies

I asked the union ages ago but have not had a reply as the rep is on long term sick, I don't currently have a line manager as the post has been vacant for 4 months but we have someone starting at the end of the month. I am a Band 6 theatre team leader for a large NHS trust. 

My old Band 7 was flexible with the % of staff allowed off at once which is one at once and allowed 2 at a time and everyone was happy with that, she realised there needs to be a work life balance and that experienced people will leave if treated poorly.

I am not sure how the new Band 7 will calculate it as she is quite inexperienced ( only 6 months as a Band 6) and it is a 6 month secondment and she will have to reapply  for a substantive post after that, I am concerned she may be budget and target driven, as I know she really wants to keep the promotion.

I want to know if I have any rights before i raise it with her, the matron or HR etc.

Kind Regards

Moo

you only have rights if you enforce them so try speaking to any charity that deals with your son's disability and get their advice and then approach your employer armed with this information.

Normally if you want to bag certain dates for your A/L you need to get your holiday form in on the 2nd jan

I also note that you are already mitigating your failure before you have even started to do anything- stop it and be positive and assertive so when you ask for the dates you say you NEED them not "please can I have these, I know it may be awkward but be nice to me."

I had help from the KIDS charity when we first applied for the EHCP and they were great, I will ask them. I do tend to not be very assertive with things like this. I do think I need a change of approach. 

I wanted to avoid saying this because the employers masqueraded as union reps on this site will inevitably attack me as usual, but here it comes:

When I need holidays i tell my line manager: "I won't be in on these dates"

I give plenty of notice so to avoid problems. 

Only once a manager said that if i took holidays they would be unpaid and unauthorised despite an official large family reunion and 4 months notice.

HR informed and manager moved because he refused to see me in the office after my "betrayal".

But to do this you have to be in a position in which you're either essential to the business or ready to leave at the drop of a hat (or simply enjoy a good fight with no care for the consequences)

Thanks for the replies,

I have found advice from ACAS about how to word your case which has been useful. I can't say "I won't be in on those dates" as we have a policy for booking leave and it has to be approved on our online roster system.

I think what I need to do is make the case that if I get the dates I feel my son needs there is less chance I will need to take emergency leave at very short notice leaving the service very short of staff. Also I think there is some scope for using anti discrimination legislation as his special needs are a protected characteristic.

I am important to the running of the service as I have more clinical experience that anyone else there and my skills would be missed if I left, My other option is to actually leave and work on the agency as and when I wish.

I have only known one other person have this accepted but that was when I worked at the other hospital in out group which had a large pool of experienced staff, and this was because she was widowed young and had no child care for her 3 kids.

I don't know anyone else who has applied for flexible working.

Why don't you ask for it via the normal procedure and if they decline then think about all you can throw at them?

We can request 1 year in advance, so have asked for 1 week at easter and 1 week at spring half term for next year I will see what happens, they have not been approved as yet.