Harland's exercise 4 less

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am having similar issues to other members with Harland's and they won't cancel my membership until I pay £50  admin on top of the £9.99 x 2 payments that have been missed, I am happy to pay the £19.98 but object to paying £50 in  admin fees.

I erroneously cancelled online and cancelled my DD on the same day and this is apparently not the way it works, but you live and learn I guess. So my membership is still live and I don't want them to keep adding more and more payments and fees.

I have repeated emails from them but I am getting nowhere.

I believe they way forward is to write to them, is there a link to a template letter on here that I can use?

Kind Regards

Moo

Hi Moo and welcome to CAG

When you cancelled in error, were you still within a 12 month minimum m/ship period, or not.

There's no template but you should find a suitable draft on plenty of older threads.

:-)

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thankyou for your reply

I signed up in April  2016, I have not been to the gym for over 2 years, I have a chronic achilles injury and the gym is not suitable. They added £50 after one missed payment.

Kind Regards

Moo

Edited by Moohound70

Please give us useful info (ie dates) so we can give you best advice.

You joined in April 2016 but when did you cancel the m/ship and DD

It really doesn't matter whether you used the gym or not.

Have you found a draft you can send to Harlands - one offering a final month's fee for the notice period  you didn't pay, the offer valid for 14 days only; withdrawn if they fail to accept in time or if they demand any amount higher than the 1 month's fee ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for the reply

I have found a draft letter to send, thank you

I paid the DD in March but cancelled it before the April one came out, it used to come out on the 11th of the month, they added £50 and the £9.99 for May before the May one would have been due.

They said they would affect my credit score and it would be sent to a third party debt collectors, but I believe it is the same company using a different name.

I asked for a breakdown of the charges in writing and that I believed the charges were not lawful, and they said they were not obliged to provide this and that the £25 admin charges were lawful.

I thought I cancelled online then got an email back sometime later, saying my account could not be cancelled as it was in arrears.

I am happy to pay the missed fees and an extra month in lieu of cancelling correctly.

Kind Regards

Moo

Edited by Moohound70

Hi Moo,

Glad you found a suitable letter to send to Harlands.

Don't bother arguing with Harlands/CRS about their charges - they never listen and will never agree their charges are unenforceable.

Harlands/CRS probably said something "may" or "could" affect your credit score but, once you've sent the letter, just ignore their letters.

• 4 months later...

Hello, everyone.

I had no reply from the letter I sent to Harland's some months ago, I now has an email from ZINC saying I owe £171, any suggestions?

Kind regards

Moo

Block and bounce ignore

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Zinc can be safely ignored so don't reply or acknowledge their demands at all.

• Thanks 1