BankFodder BankFodder

snowdragon

Sc@mmer pretending to be OFCOM and want to cut off my BT internet access

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 254 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has  anyone else been getting calls from someone claiming to be calling from OFCOM?

I have had  several calls recently  saying they are  from OFCOM  and my BT  internet/phone line is being cut off due to fraud? in next 24/48 hours,  I am not with  BT

I  just put the  phone down, I am ex directory and  registered  with TPS,  The tone of the call is quite alarming and  they ask to press different options!

Sandy x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

its a sc@m ignore them

if you want some fun

tell them you are doing it on purpose and go on then cut me off!

Thread title amended

• Like 1

I work in Telecoms and we have had numerous customers report this.

Some say that they will have their "IP" suspended - While others say press 1 to speak to BT as there line is going to be cut off...

Its good to ignore :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

These are one of most sc&m type calls I receive.

The other one is saying there is a security issue with my internet connection..

Apparently these calls have been traced back to two large call centres in India. There was a TV programme on this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I love winding them up. doesnt put them off calling though