Halifax eviction notice ***Success***

Tash1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ellen

printed ofF statement n244 and budget sheet today F

gonna ring court Monday

I've amended statement as follows

payment made of £100 on the 24/04/19 ,thus reducing the arrears to £1336.17.

A further payment was made of £200 on the 2/5/19 thus reducing the arrears to £1420.24

also made a further payment of £400 on the 20/05/19 thus reducing the arrears to £1020.42

I've paid contractual monthly payment on the 30/05/19

it continues with what you drafted

I've filled in part on the top with defendant name and claimant and court and also claim number I've told them on have 2 children and what I'm offering 

Getting more confident now about winning

now in getting prepared for you

do you reckon i will have enough time to give me a date before the 13th June if I call to submit application monday

Yes, that gives you 10 days so you should be ok,  Is your partner aware he will have to attend?

Did you remember to affix a copy of the letter you sent to Halifax?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes my partner is going to attend he knows he has to we are both going and I've not filled out n244 yet as I've had an headache all day stressing about getting stuff printed and ready

gonna fill out forms tomorrow evening and staple everything together in both packs as I've printed 2 of everything one for court and one for us

do you reckon my chances are high in court Ellen as it's getting to me a bit

having dreams if me and kids living in a tent

not good rather upsetting

actually cant help feeling like a bad mother To my children as I cant even give them a secure home

trying to stay positive but its hard sometimes

think I'm having a bit if a bad day today I'm sure it will be ok but part if me thinks it won't and that's scary

In every case I've been involved in the people have felt exactly as you are feeling now - it's completely understandable.  Keep trying to imagine how you will feel when you walk out of the court after the hearing knowing that your home is safe :)

Judges won't take people's homes away when they have the ability to pay - and you can pay.... and your arrears are low compared to a lot of cases I've dealt with - some have had arrears in excess of £10,000 and have successfully defended more than one eviction.

It will be ok

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I know that I've read but its different to reading it and actually being in the situation but yes I'm confident we will win I'm not worried as such but it's just in back of my mind but thanks for reassurance  x

Just keep saying to myself  we can win and we will win xx

I have every confidence that your help will get me through this xx

you have helped so many ppl who have been in worse circumstances I know that but it's just the way we get sometimes isn't it

I Ellen just got back from work

my partner has received a letter off the solicitors today saying their client aren't going to accept our offer and we need to pay full arrears amount and return an income and expenditure form to them before the eviction date

why are they asking me for an income and expenditure form if they're not going to accept my offer y're

tickles me hopefully that's another thing the judge will see that I've tried to come to an and they're not being amicable I've kept the letter and will attach to court pack as evidence ok 

Its say unfortunately our client would not be agreeable to your offer of repayment.r

They require the full arrears to be cleared and the attached income and expenditure form to be completed and returned before the above date and time in order to withdraw proceedings 

Looks like they have no interest in trying help me keep my home x

I'm hoping this looks bad on them in court x

They've had your income and expenditure so why are they wanting it again - idiots!    they send these letters to try and make  you panic into getting the full arrears together so they might cancel proceedings. Of course sending them the info all takes time and get too close to the eviction date.

Ignore it - a judge will see what they are up to no problem :)

Ok hun

I dig what they're up to

do you understand what I mean now when I said it's like they're trying to get us out not even bothered trying to help o

let a judge decide now

i hope he rips in to them now he should see that I've tried and they ain't treating us fairly that's what i think

they Know I've been trying to get out of this mess and now I can they dont seem bothered

sod em now

determined to win now to wipe the power right off their face and they make me so angry

I know even the solicitors when I spoke to them few weeks ago said they wouldn't need another one so dont know what they playing at

private dont want me to go to court then it will be to late wont it well though I am and I will win

I Ellen just a quick question shall affix my new bank statement and mortgage statement to the courts pack or my pack gonna fill in form tonight when kids are in bed and staple all the paper works together x gonna put statement you drafted in both packs and letter you drafted gonna take letters I've had Halifax and solicitors with me so if the judge wants to see them he can I can show him my wages slips I've got downloaded on my phone if he wants to see them to also gonna out the letter about the complaint in the court pack to so he can see that there still looking it just want to make sure I've got everything as determined I'm gonna win this now xx positive vibes atm xx also in the case if him not suspending further can I request he extended the eviction if he can because I have children to try and find somewhere to live trying to think about both options xx

Hi, no need for bank or mortgage statements for the N244 pack,  just the form, budget sheet, statement and copy letter you sent to them with your offer of payment, you could also affix their letter refusing your offer.  anything else you can take with you on the day

You ca ask for more time to move - but you won't need to :)

Ok hun thanks I jo probs wont need to but want to go with a much info as poss to improve chance of staying or attest finding somewhere especially with 2 kiddies x

I'm hoping I won't need to find anywhere hun x ust always in the back if my mind x just cnt wait for it to all be over and a weight lifted of my shoulders x

I understand.  Let me know when you've put the N244 in and what date your hearing is,

Hi Ellen

just filled out n244

do I need to put reason why I'm applying for a suspension of eviction if so how should I word it and also shall I put about the letter I've affixed in the evidence section or leave it blank

And it is my partners details that go on the bottom of form yes

spoke to court they said post the form then as we have to go to Worcester court to take the n244 she said if we post it we should get court date in time

it's a 50 pound fee but they said we may be able to get help with that but we need to fill out a form

do you know what form that is

gonna get it posted 1st class today

could you please get Back to me with the information I asked about last night so I can add to form before hand thanks 

Worcester is 40 mins away for us and  petrol money so be cheaper posting to them

Gonna get form posted by recorded delivery this afternoon

could you get back to me before 2pm if poss please

Hi, your reason for defending eviction is already mentioned in your statement.   If you can afford it you should send by Special Delivery rather than Recorded - that way it will be guaranteed to be signed for before 1pm tomorrow.   The form you need for fee remission is EX160 - I have affixed it for you. I've also affixed the guidance notes for filling in that form

EX160.pdf ex160a_web_1010.pdf

Did they say how you would pay the fee if you posted it rather than taking it in ?

Over the phone by card gonna call them as soon as I've traced they have received it as it's been posted of and I can track it as of today

Was kinda hoping they would let me pay Friday as I have the funds but gonna leave me short if I do but get paid Friday do u reckon the will let me 

If I called them and explained my situation that if I pay now it will leave me in financial difficulty do u reckon they will let me pay Friday when I get paid or do u think it will delay proceedings if not I can try and borrow the money.

I think it may delay you getting a hearing date, but you can ask them when you ring up to confirm they have received your application.

Depends when they can fit you in - I've known people get a hearing on the day the eviction is supposed to take place, a bit nerve racking - if you can possibly do it I would try and pay as soon as you can,  but worth asking them

I forgot to ask, does your partner work ?

That's good - perhaps ring them this afternoon and ask about payment & if they have a hearing date ?