Halifax eviction notice ***Success***

Tash1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK,  I understand what you mean now - I think offering £115 is fine - that would mean you wold clear the arrears in less than a year,  quite acceptable.

I will draft a letter for  you in the morning as I have to go out shortly.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Had a letter from Halifax today saying were taking possession of your home you will receive an evection notice shortly etc and to make sure we find somewhere else to live do u think its nesseasary for me to go to the council to inform them or do u think I should wait till we apply to the court when the notice comes through dnt want to be in a mess with no where to go if u think we stand a chance of keeping our home should I need to go to council

Oh and it also says to remove all our belonging lsd before the eviction date getting worried

Hi Draft letter affixed.   you need to put your address at the top, the lenders name & address under the date and also put in the mortgage account no

You should send these letters by Special Delivery and keep the postal receipts  so you can check on royalmail website to print of proof they received them.

Send one copy of the letter to Halifax  (make sure you have the right department) and one copy to the solicitors with a covering letter as below: (your address, their address and mortgage account no as the other letter - then put:

Please find enclosed copy of a letter send to your Client Halifax Building Society.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX

Enc.

Tash 1990 Letter.doc

• Like 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I really don't think you will lose your home for the sake of £1,000 of arrears which can be cleared in less than 12 months.    Send the letters I've posted above and wait and see if an eviction notice appears - we can then defend that in court.   Make sure you send by Special Delivery by 1pm   so they definitely get them tomorrow (I'm afraid it will cost £5 per letter but worth it  as it may stop them issuing an eviction notice)

Thanks Ellen will get that sorted tomorrow 

Not going to have time today as got to go to library to get them printed and I'm at work till 8 tonight just dnt like the thought of being out on the streets with 2 children thanks for being so understanding 

Make sure you take a couple of photocopies of the letters in case we need them for court.

Okay will do will get then printed iofand sent by the end of the week I'm working till Friday now so will try my best before hand when I spoke to Halifax on the phone they said the eviction notice wouldn't come to the house till at least the 28th may as they have to wait 14 days ir something  so still have 6 days to get them sent hoping to get em printed if tomorrow hun so will send them Thursday or Friday chic x 

Wasnt gonna be working but they have asked me to do some extra shifts 

OK,  keep the copy letters and receipts in a safe place - best to get a file/folder to keep everything in and in date order - then you will have everything together if we have to go to court.   If you can print out the CAG budget you did sheet at some time it would be helpful to keep in the file - it will be needed for a court pack.

You say you've sent them recorded (not Special Delivery) ?    they may not get them by the end of the week and recorded don't always get signed for but SD does, helpful if you need to prove they got them.

The women on desk said they should get them by tomorrow I have receipt with proof of sending with there address and postcode on for both yes I will get the cag budget sheet printed of just wanted to get letters sent would have cost me nearly 15 pound to get them sd didn't have the money on me at the time hopefully they will get them in time if not I have proof of sending them to show court that i did try

She also said they would have to sign for them she put the sign stickers on them anyway

OK,  fingers crossed they receive them quickly.  If you wait a few days yu can check on the royal mail website to check they have signed for them.  You can then print out the proof and keep with the letters etc.

OK,  let's see if they reply to your letters.   If nothing by next Tuesday we'll start to draft your application for a hearing.  do you have a printer at home ?  you'll need to print out quite a few things

No but can print at library it's only 10p a print ok

I'm hoping they will reply to letters as could do without the stress of court fingers crossed will get it suspened again getting scary now making my self worry

Also had evection notice from bailiff for the 13th June to my partner thinks we will get evicted because luckk never goes his way I'm hoping we can win this for the sake of my kids and possibly relationship xx really stressing now xx

Just worried we will have no where to live do u honestly think it will go that far 

Okay thankyou I have every faith In Ellen it's just worrying when get the letters especially with 2 little ones to think of makes u feel like u have failed them xx I'm just hoping our luck changes xx

Hi, my laptop isn't working so I'm using my IPad at moment  till I can get it fixed but I expect it will be after bank holiday.  However I can reply to your posts.

I don't think for a moment you will lose your home for arrears of just £1000. We can't do anything till Tuesday anyway and I will be back at work and able to use computer there.

Try to stay positive, you'll be ok

Hi Ellen we haven't received a letter regarding my offer of payment but we have received a letter of hakifax regarding my complaint I made against them with Walker Morris the solicitors saying there going to look into it and hope to get back to keep shortly it also states it could take up to a weeks which is no good as the eviction taking place on the 13th June if we dnt get it suspended finger crossed we do what will the judge say about complaint will that be good for us if they have not got back to us by then