Halifax eviction notice ***Success***

Tash1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We can mention that in your N244. I'll get on to it tomorrow, I had a lot of meetings today and my laptop is still not working at home so need to use work pc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It's ok hun just hope they will except my offer if payment before as that would be better for me in court also I just want to make sure I have a good chance if keeping my house as everyone keeps saying ur gonna be out on the streets with 2 kiddies if we don't I'm hoping against all hope that the judge will be sympathetic and see that we have tried to come to an agreement with Halifax and kept them informed if the situation and they haven't been fair 

That's if it will go that far I'm hoping Halifax accept my offer in writing so they will cancel but they have also said in the phone the last time they would expect me to pay all the arrears if before that happens so its 50/50 chance they will x

Also I am at work tomorrow to so will message you back at some point I'm at work from 9.30 till 5.30 so if I dnt reply during that time it will be when I get home and thankyou for all ur help Ellen means alot 

Sorry for all the message but just thought I'd mention I'm paying mortgage on the 30th may as dnt get paid till then so wint have funds till then its 2 days later than date it should be I'm gonna be paying the original court order amount if 350 this month will that be ok its just that my pay day fall 2 days later than the 28th

Edited by Tash1990
Wantedtm to add to text

Should be ok as long as paid in month it's due. 

I'll put some stuff on herevtomorrow for you to read when you get back from work. There will be some instructions you need to follow carefully 

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi,  please follow the instructions in this and the following posts:

Firstly,   you need to print out the N244 form to apply to the court for a hearing - I have affixed one to this post).   These are the instructions for completing it.  As the mortgage is only in your partners name he will have to sign it and also attend the court hearing.

1.Name
2. Tick Defendant
3. Suspension of eviction
4. No
5. Tick at a hearing
6. 15 minutes
Agreed by all parties: No
7. Write - Not applicable
8. District
9. Both Parties
10. Tick box for attached witness statement
Cross out all options except The Applicant Believes
11 Sign and cross out all options except Applicant
Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

n244_0400.pdf

Secondly - you will need a copy of your letter to Halifax and your budget sheet to attach to the application.

Affixed is the statement for court. You need to fill in the info where there are XXX's at the top (remove the XXX;s) the info you need will be on the court forms you have received. Read through it carefully to make sure everything is OK and change all the XXX’s throughout the statement. When you print it out, your printer needs to be set for A4 paper (not Letter size)  

Now assemble as follows:

N244 form, completed and signed

Statement – signed

Copy of letter sent to Halifax
Budget Sheet
This forms the application pack for court.

Make sure it is stapled securely together. You will need to take a photocopy of it all for yourselves so you have a set to refer to in the hearing. When you hand it in to the court there will be a fee to pay (not sure how much it is now but  make sure you take the eviction warrant with you as the fee is reduced if you actually have a warrant -  some courts require you to make an appointment to submit your N244 - ring your local court and ask them what the procedure is and ask what the fee is at the same time (tell them you have eviction warrant), also ask if they take debit cards or if it has to be cash.

Ask the court staff if there will be any free legal advisors on duty on the day of your hearing – they can go into the hearing with you and support your case.  

Tash 1990 Statement for N244.doc

Thankyou so much Ellen

I will be able to print them off in Friday when I'm off work at my library

will keep you up to date

also having had my wage slip for tomorrow on only getting 381pounds as work has took 120 of me for maternity pay that has been over paid

still going to pay tomorrow but its gonna be 300 instead of 350

do u think that will be ok as it's the monthly payment and 26 extra towards arrears and can start paying 400 per month next month

also going to try pay the 50 missed before court date

whenever that will be

it's just I have food shopping to and council tax to pay this week

would have been alright if they didn't take that money

if me was also gonna put it in writing to Halifax to explain also 

Hi Ellen just got home and someone from Halifax has been round asking what preparations we have got for moving apparently he was asking silly questions about how many pets we had and he even said to my partner he cant believe there evicting for the sake of the arrears of 1000 pound that's been someone from hakifax i dnt understand why they doing this it's like there badgering us he said he came to see what preparations we have made about moving house he told him he thinks they're doing it on purpose to get us out and that he's only going to talk by letter and that he will be applying for a court date to suspend not sure what he said to that x surely if he thinks its stupid they have ther let going to evict due to it costing them more than trying to resolve the issue the judge will be sympathetic x talk about stress x

I think he has been sent round to see what chance they have got in court of the judge not suspending us dnt understand why they doing this instead if trying to help in the situation x

Hi, This is awful and I am going through similar situation to you at the moment. Have had several visits from field agents and was so distressed I called the police on one occasion. I have CCTV at my home and did not answer the door to any. 

I really hope you and your family get through this and wish you all the best with everything x 

Hi, don't worry about the guy from Halifax coming round, they're only trying to tick a box in their procedures. There's no way a judge will evict for such low arrears. Get the application to court as soon as you possibly can - but ring court to find out how much fee is (remember to tell them you have an eviction warrant).

If you have to just pay the basic mortgage payment so you can pay the court fee then so be it. You can tell the judge at the hearing you had to spend money on a totally unnecessary court fee because Halifax wouldn't help.

Of course it does, and they know that!

Still no reply from letters yet x that what makes me think there seeing what there chances are even the field agent said he cant believe there goin for eviction as it would cost them more to or something dnt no why they making us do this if that's the case

The court will send a copy of you N244 to Halifax, they may change their mind when they get it

I'm gonna get the stuff printed of Friday and we will call the courts then if we get back in time as wont be till the afternoon as got to take my little boy for his injections first at 12.45 so will call to my local library afterwards and call the courts if we catch them before they close Friday will reply when we have called them x if not will be monday

Edited by Tash1990
Wanted to to add to text

bet that bloke wasn't from Halifax, bet he was from one of the financial field agents lot they use, costs you £150 too in fees.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you didn't agree to the agent's visit then you can ask for the to refund  the fees. We can deal with that after we've got the eviction sorted

Ok, use the statement I posted as it is for the N244. We will do an updated one to take to the hearing with anything else that's happened up to that date