• Tweets

• Background:-  Tenant in arrears for two months with no sign of future payments.  Notice served and a CCJ awarded.(£1750)  Still no payment received so a Attachment of earnings served. Court advised this will be sorted this week after no response from defendant. In the meantime, the debt has increased to (£3300) whilst I am going through the possession order / warrant and the  bailiff process.   Can anyone advise on how to obtain the rest of the debt which by the time he leaves in January will escalate to nearly £4000? is it a case of serving notice and going for another CCJ & AoE?   any help is appreciated.        
    • Hello Yes - it does say that.   But originally - start of year - a judge ordered that the general form of judgment or order "hearing adjourned generally, with permission to restore and the claim be struck out if no request to restore is received by x date". As friend hadn't paid mortgage payments by x date the bank actioned the " request to restore".   Friend knew nothing about this until after the event - and the judge that heard bank's request agreed to reopen the claim.  As such there was a possession hearing date set for soon y date.  Friend has paid the arrears in full.  I'm a bit confused - a possession hearing isn't yet an order for possession - is it?    Can't friend revert to original judge's comment saying "claim be struck out"?? (Cos the reason for the claim (non-payment) has been settled)
    • I am in a similar position and I am learning all the time on what to do. Firstly, make sure the deposit regardless of how much you received is in a safe deposit scheme. Secondly, they need to be constantly late or 2 months / 8 weeks behind before you can start a Section 8 eviction notice. Otherwise its a section 21 notice but this can only be served after 4 months of tenancy. Its costly but its worth getting a solicitor to start the process .around £500 plus court fees which these are added to the debt. you can di it online yourself but everything has to be perfect with regards to the form filling otherwise it may get rejected or thrown out at court. I was lucky with mine even though it was only a very minor paperwork issue which wasn't noticed by the judge. Getting to court takes around 5-8 weeks and even then, if they bring themselves within the 2 months amount then they will reject the case. hope this helps a bit.  
    • if you are thinking about one. Ensure your supplier is using SMETS2 versions. Those are comparable across suppliers. SMETS1 ( the original ones) require some updates to infrastructure to reconnect. This should be fairly soon.  If you are fairly careful with your usage, you are unlikely to save anything on use. The benefit is down to auto reading.    I'm very surprised the operator is trying to tie you in for 2 years. I did not think they could do that. The government have set targets for them and have recently stretched that out, so putting restrictions in place seems odd.    Also for note, smart meters do have the ability to accept a remote off signal
    • Gazza that is an excellent point! Many thanks.  Bazza even...
  • Our picks

act0145

TFL Oyster 18+ Student Card - multiple uses over 3mts - Caught **SETTLED OOC**

I bet that is a relief,  and a good (if costly!) outcome.

Nice point about demonstrating that you are sincere about not re-offending : that can only have helped you to be offered the administrative settlement.

well done CAG

please don't forget to donate to keep us here

just one point.

you weren't issues with a fine of £951.85 to settle the matter..., they cant fine you.

you got an Out Of Court Settlement.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets