• Tweets

• best to create a topic of your own please this one is for advising SSwales. click create in the top red banner   dx  
    • There is a caveat. Within the first 6 months the assumption of a fault at time of selling means that it is for the seller to disprove.   This can be through showing, possibly as in the case of engine 'blowing up' in this thread, that due attention by the purchaser has been  paid to such things as the oil and water levels, all other adjustments have been maintained, any due servicing has been carried out, etc.   We have not been given details of make, model,  age, mileage on purchase, miles covered by OP and servicing history. It is for these reasons that I find the above post questionable.   There is actually no doubt that if you buy a vehicle and the engine blows up within three months then it is not of satisfactory quality. Because it has happened within three months and the six-month rule applies and that means that she is entitled to have a repair and if the repair fails then a refund or a replacement at her option
    • Thank you, I will have a think about where we go from here & if I do decide to progress with a claim with an initial letter, if I can pass it through you to check, I would be very grateful.  Thank you so much again for your assistance to date
    • Yes she told me she had a large company install cctv they didn’t install what they said and she took them to court and won , she then had another person fit them and there was a problem with her tv signal threatened him so he just took them out and gave her her money back . I didn’t know this until after I had installed them and she said the tv was playing up last time she had them fitted 🤦🏼‍♂️ ... this is why I’m so sure it’s nothing to do with what I installed she was happy I told her the problem was with her old analogue aerial and I would go in the loft and switch it to the digital one she declined , told her I would install the cctv on her laptop , mobile phone or connect to tv via router she declined all soloutions . There was no problem with the cctv working through her tv no break lines or pixels , just her tv signal  ive been back and forth trying to sort it out 
    • Quick question for my education (and I hope the OP's).   When sending copies of notices and evidence etc to a defendant, should it be sent recorded delivery or is first class with proof of postage sufficient (or even better)?   Can't recorded delivery be refused by the recipient?  And if it is refused, can a defendant legitimately argue that it was never received?   Sorry - don't want to drag this thread off topic but it seems sort of relevant.
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies

Hi all,

yet again i am here with another battle , i am starting to think i am in somebodys gunsight.

please forgive me if it is in the wrong section.

I recieved 8 seperate letters from Equita today all with seperate notice of enforcements.

There are 2 seperate dates , 5 letters with 1 date and 3 letters with another date.

To cut a long story short i have never came back to my vehicle to find a parking notice on it, i did get a letter from the council prior to xmas with a PCN number on however but i stupidly decided to bin in.

Each letter has a different Enforcement agent reference number on it and the reasons vary in the enforcement details. E.g DISC WITHOUT CLEARLY DISPLAY & PARKED IN A LOADING PLACE & PARKING ON RESTRICTED STREET. Which i am guessing rules out an error from an automated computer?

Each letter on the back says i have until 17/05/19 to agree a payment arangement or they will be coming to seize goods.

I really don't know what to do next here i was hoping for some crystal clear advice.

Thanks again

Cosmic Dancer

2 hours ago, Cosmicdancer said:

I really don't know what to do next here i was hoping for some crystal clear advice

Start parking properly :)

If you keep your doors locked, the bailiffs cannot force entry to take your goods. You might want to hide your car, though, unless it's essential for your work and worth less than £1350.

How many tickets in all, and how much are Equita asking for?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi thanks for the replies ,

Ive only ever received 1 ticket in the post , and there is only 2 dates in question spread across all of the letters .

I’m afraid I do not have access to a scanner

they are all notices of enforcement .

My car is probably worth £500 at the very most and that is a top end estimate.

The amounts vary from £140 to £187.

And as said above they all have different reference numbers .

I can’t undersand how it’s 5 separate tickets on the same day and 3 separate tickets on another day

yet I have never came back to my car and had a parking notice on it.

I’ve only ever received 1 notice in the post and this was prior to Christmas .

Will they take my car from me ? 

i wouldn't worry too much about uploading the letters. It  is clear that you have incurred 5 penalty charge notices for various road traffic contraventions over a period of just 2 days. Each Notice of Enforcement should provide a brief description of the contravention (parked without displaying etc and parked in loading bay).

Each of the contraventions relating to 'parking' would have meant that notices would have been stuck on your windscreen. Gone are the days when hooligans would remove tickets left under windscreen wipers. Now, tickets are enclosed in a sticky backed envelope and trying to remove them is not that easy. 

I am assuming the other contraventions may have been for what is  called a 'moving traffic' offence (driving in bus lane etc). 

As you had received one notice from the council before Xmas, I would assume that the address held for you at DVLA is correct? Have you moved in the past year or so? Have you checked to see that your V5C (Log Book) is correctly registered to your address?

Hi my address is correct but I have never came back to my car to find a parking ticket ... it’s impossible for me to have incurred all of the offences in the same day .. I would of thought I could have seen the evidence before it’s gone to court though surely ? 

In addition to the notices on the car, you would have also been sent approx. 3 letters for EACH penalty (Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery). 

As you have the PCN numbers, have you visited the local authorities website to see whether they have pictures of the contraventions?

I only received one pcn notice in the post and this was the one prior to Xmas I’ve had no prior letters apart from the 8 I received yesterday and will the pcn numbers be the ref numbers on the letters ?

as they will have been issued by a local authority the first thing you need to do is find out wich one and ask for evidence of the issuing of the PCN's.

If you live and work in London and all the PCN's are from Newcastle you can bet that your reg has been cloned and you will need to make a submission to this effect. The images they will ahve of the car may well throw up small details like scratches or dents on the image that your vehicle doesnt have, interior details that are different etc

You say the vehicloe is basically a banger, that is actually the most likely to be cloned and the ringer used as a pool car by crims.

Report to the police as well but try and get the ball rolling on the council staying the enforcement whilst this is all sorted out

Hiya

First time poster, but hopefully I can help you to resolve your matter.

I really empathise with your position. I received a visit from an equita baliff on 10 May 2019. The feeling was horrible and they were exceedingly polite but also inflexible and threatening. I was informed that they would clamp and remove my car.

The rationale behind this is that the Baliffs are not employees, they are sub-contractors paid based on the fees that they can generate. Taking a vehicle creates more fees. Unfortunately for them, there is a very quick process to get the matter resolved:

1) Phone the Traffic Enforcement Centre in Northampton - it is crucial to do this first thing in the morning.

2) Request permission to file an out of time witness statement (forms TE7 and TE9). Upon correct completion, the forms will be passed to the local authority and enforcement action will cease at that point. The TEC will inform you that the forms have been correctly filed and the action will cease.

3) Forward a copy of this email to equita

4) Contact the local authority directly and explain your circumstances. The local authority will be more sympathetic than the baliffs - especially if you are a vulnerable person. A manager within the local authority will have the authority (as the prosecuting party) to instruct the Baliffs not to continue and instruct them to waive their enforcement fees

5) To ensure that this goes smoothly, make sure you offer to pay the council what you owe and also cover the cost of the court filing fee. At this stage, it will be worth complying with the council and paying the c. £80.

Hi LePatron thanks for the reply , what do I say to them in regards to an out of time witness statement ? I am really trying to make sense of your post , thanks

53 minutes ago, Cosmicdancer said:

Hi LePatron thanks for the reply , what do I say to them in regards to an out of time witness statement ? I am really trying to make sense of your post , thanks

For the traffic enforcement centre, just ask to file an out of time witness statement - this is a standard form that they will have to hand for you and will email over.

Upon completion of the form, and recognition from the TEC that the form has been correctly filed, email the TEC's recognition to equita which will suspend any enforcement action.

Thanks for the reply , I was just researching this and I have seen on the gov.uk website about the fees involved , seeing as they are 8 separate letters does this mean it’s a fee for each ticket ? Or will it only be the actual one and only pcn notice I received in the post ?

18 minutes ago, Cosmicdancer said:

Thanks for the reply , I was just researching this and I have seen on the gov.uk website about the fees involved , seeing as they are 8 separate letters does this mean it’s a fee for each ticket ? Or will it only be the actual one and only pcn notice I received in the post ?

I'm not too sure sorry

6 hours ago, Cosmicdancer said:

Which fees are your referring to, can you link to the page? There shouldn't be a fee to submit either form. These are links to the TE7 and TE9:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te7-application-to-file-a-statement-out-of-time-extension-of-time-parking

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te9-witness-statement-unpaid-penalty-charge-parking

You will have to submit a TE7 and TE9 for each ticket. You will also need to have grounds to appeal for each ticket, not receiving the notice to owner is grounds to appeal. But you said that you received a notice to owner for one PCN and binned it, that is not a good ground to submit a witness statement :)

It also indicates that you were parking where you shouldn't have been and ignored one ticket at least. Claiming that it's impossible to incur all of those tickets in one day is also not a good argument. It's possible if the tickets were issued at different times of the day with enough travel time inbetween tickets. Have you ever parked where the tickets were issued?

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2019 at 17:06, LePatron87 said:

Unfortunately for them, there is a very quick process to get the matter resolved:

1) Phone the Traffic Enforcement Centre in Northampton - it is crucial to do this first thing in the morning.

2) Request permission to file an out of time witness statement (forms TE7 and TE9). Upon correct completion, the forms will be passed to the local authority and enforcement action will cease at that point. The TEC will inform you that the forms have been correctly filed and the action will cease.

3) Forward a copy of this email to equita

Welcome to the Consumer Action Group forum. 

The application that you are referring to is called an Out of Time witness statement (or; depending on the actual type of contravention; an Out of Time Statutory Declaration). 

Crucially, before being able to submit such an application, our poster; Cosmicdancer would need to know what type of contravention the Penalty Charge Notice relates to. I have asked him to contact the council for this information. He hasn't as yet responded. If the debt is for 'parking', Dart Charge or Merseyflow penalties, the forms required would be TE7 & TE9. 

If on the other hand the penalties relate to 'moving traffic offences' (bus lane, box junctions etc), then forms PE2 & PE3 would be required. There is a significant difference between both applications. Forms TE7 and TE9 can be submitted to the Traffic Enforcement Centre by email and as long as they are received at TEC by 4pm, will be PROCESSED that day and bailiff enforcement would be placed 'on hold' by early the following weekday.  Forms PE2 and PE3 would need to be printed off and taken to either a County Court or local solicitors to have the signature witnessed. The sworn forms would then need to be scanned and emailed to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. 

Secondly, there is actually no need at all to telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre. The forms are available to download from their website. 

When calling TEC you do NOT ask THEM  for permission to file an Out of Time application. It is the LOCAL AUTHORITY who make the decision whether or not they are wiling to accept the witness statement being submitted late. 

If the completed forms are submitted to the Traffic Enforcement Centre by 4pm, the motorist will receive an email from TEC as confirmation of safe receipt. 

A letter outlining the decision (on whether the council are willing to allow you to file your witness statement LATE) should be received around 4 weeks after submitting the forms. 

Lastly, as Cosmicdancer has 8 penalty charge notices, he would be required to submit a separate Out of Time application (Forms TE7 and TE9) for EACH penalty. Furthermore, each application MUST be sent by individual email to TEC. 

Edited by Bailiff Advice

On 19/05/2019 at 17:06, LePatron87 said:

4) Contact the local authority directly and explain your circumstances. The local authority will be more sympathetic than the baliffs - especially if you are a vulnerable person. A manager within the local authority will have the authority (as the prosecuting party) to instruct the Baliffs not to continue and instruct them to waive their enforcement fees

5) To ensure that this goes smoothly, make sure you offer to pay the council what you owe and also cover the cost of the court filing fee. At this stage, it will be worth complying with the council and paying the c. £80.

Although the advice that you have provided is helpful, the fact is; once a warrant has been issued and passed to bailiffs, it is extremely rare for any local authority to agree to 'waive' enforcement fees and accepted payment direct. 

In your particular case, you mention that you have submitted an Out of Time witness statement. Did you contact the council and ask if they would accept payment direct (minus bailiff fees?)

Hi guys thanks for the replies ,

i have had contact back from the local authority and these letters are all from tickets 4-5 years ago. I am going to file an out of time statement as soon as possible for them all as most of them ( not all ) are for parking at a street I was living on with the correct permits in place . As it stands will this company come and take my car ?