Equita Council Parking Fine(s) NOTICE OF ENFORCEMENT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

yet again i am here with another battle , i am starting to think i am in somebodys gunsight.

please forgive me if it is in the wrong section.

I recieved 8 seperate letters from Equita today all with seperate notice of enforcements.

There are 2 seperate dates , 5 letters with 1 date and 3 letters with another date.

To cut a long story short i have never came back to my vehicle to find a parking notice on it, i did get a letter from the council prior to xmas with a PCN number on however but i stupidly decided to bin in.

Each letter has a different Enforcement agent reference number on it and the reasons vary in the enforcement details. E.g DISC WITHOUT CLEARLY DISPLAY & PARKED IN A LOADING PLACE & PARKING ON RESTRICTED STREET. Which i am guessing rules out an error from an automated computer?

Each letter on the back says i have until 17/05/19 to agree a payment arangement or they will be coming to seize goods.

I really don't know what to do next here i was hoping for some crystal clear advice.

Thanks again

Cosmic Dancer

2 hours ago, Cosmicdancer said:

I really don't know what to do next here i was hoping for some crystal clear advice

Start parking properly :)

If you keep your doors locked, the bailiffs cannot force entry to take your goods. You might want to hide your car, though, unless it's essential for your work and worth less than £1350.

How many tickets in all, and how much are Equita asking for?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi thanks for the replies ,

Ive only ever received 1 ticket in the post , and there is only 2 dates in question spread across all of the letters .

I’m afraid I do not have access to a scanner

they are all notices of enforcement .

My car is probably worth £500 at the very most and that is a top end estimate.

The amounts vary from £140 to £187.

And as said above they all have different reference numbers .

I can’t undersand how it’s 5 separate tickets on the same day and 3 separate tickets on another day

yet I have never came back to my car and had a parking notice on it.

I’ve only ever received 1 notice in the post and this was prior to Christmas .

Will they take my car from me ? 

i wouldn't worry too much about uploading the letters. It  is clear that you have incurred 5 penalty charge notices for various road traffic contraventions over a period of just 2 days. Each Notice of Enforcement should provide a brief description of the contravention (parked without displaying etc and parked in loading bay).

Each of the contraventions relating to 'parking' would have meant that notices would have been stuck on your windscreen. Gone are the days when hooligans would remove tickets left under windscreen wipers. Now, tickets are enclosed in a sticky backed envelope and trying to remove them is not that easy. 

I am assuming the other contraventions may have been for what is  called a 'moving traffic' offence (driving in bus lane etc). 

As you had received one notice from the council before Xmas, I would assume that the address held for you at DVLA is correct? Have you moved in the past year or so? Have you checked to see that your V5C (Log Book) is correctly registered to your address?

Hi my address is correct but I have never came back to my car to find a parking ticket ... it’s impossible for me to have incurred all of the offences in the same day .. I would of thought I could have seen the evidence before it’s gone to court though surely ? 

In addition to the notices on the car, you would have also been sent approx. 3 letters for EACH penalty (Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery). 

As you have the PCN numbers, have you visited the local authorities website to see whether they have pictures of the contraventions?

I only received one pcn notice in the post and this was the one prior to Xmas I’ve had no prior letters apart from the 8 I received yesterday and will the pcn numbers be the ref numbers on the letters ?

as they will have been issued by a local authority the first thing you need to do is find out wich one and ask for evidence of the issuing of the PCN's.

If you live and work in London and all the PCN's are from Newcastle you can bet that your reg has been cloned and you will need to make a submission to this effect. The images they will ahve of the car may well throw up small details like scratches or dents on the image that your vehicle doesnt have, interior details that are different etc

You say the vehicloe is basically a banger, that is actually the most likely to be cloned and the ringer used as a pool car by crims.

Report to the police as well but try and get the ball rolling on the council staying the enforcement whilst this is all sorted out

6 hours ago, Cosmicdancer said:

Thanks for the reply , I was just researching this and I have seen on the gov.uk website about the fees involved , seeing as they are 8 separate letters does this mean it’s a fee for each ticket ? Or will it only be the actual one and only pcn notice I received in the post ?

Which fees are your referring to, can you link to the page? There shouldn't be a fee to submit either form. These are links to the TE7 and TE9:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te7-application-to-file-a-statement-out-of-time-extension-of-time-parking

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te9-witness-statement-unpaid-penalty-charge-parking

You will have to submit a TE7 and TE9 for each ticket. You will also need to have grounds to appeal for each ticket, not receiving the notice to owner is grounds to appeal. But you said that you received a notice to owner for one PCN and binned it, that is not a good ground to submit a witness statement :)

It also indicates that you were parking where you shouldn't have been and ignored one ticket at least. Claiming that it's impossible to incur all of those tickets in one day is also not a good argument. It's possible if the tickets were issued at different times of the day with enough travel time inbetween tickets. Have you ever parked where the tickets were issued?

Hi guys thanks for the replies ,

i have had contact back from the local authority and these letters are all from tickets 4-5 years ago. I am going to file an out of time statement as soon as possible for them all as most of them ( not all ) are for parking at a street I was living on with the correct permits in place . As it stands will this company come and take my car ? 

• 3 months later...

Council have called the dogs off until 30/09/2019

Equita's call centre won't even speak to me about a payment arrangement, transfers me to the bailiff who then red buttons the call.

Is there a way to get a legally binding payment arrangement in place to keep these termites from plaguing my life?

so what happened with your OOT appeal?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then who says you owe anything?

the council should be calling off enforcement until these are sorted

so why are you trying to contact bailiffs to pay anything, you don't know what is owed yet surely?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but not for all tickets..

bailiffs cant add duplicate enforcement fees if all these were enforced at the same time.

and they

• 1 month later...

wheres the car?

dx

month old now

doubt its even live anymore,

and they

• 1 month later...

did you get any fees reduction

tell us more how you goto £30 agreement and to whom.

and they