IND Claimform - HBOS Card ***Claim Dismissed*** - now Intrum chasing

BFV
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here are the two letters so far received.

#1 is an introduction saying that IND has been "acquired" by Intrum - whatever that means. Then there is the legal stuff about data etc. Also a page on IND.

It appears they are trying to keep the two entities separate, probably to avoid further complaints to OFT and FCA about IND, and being associated with them.

#2 is dated just 6 working days later, and is more aggressive - stamped from the Legal Department and signed "Lily Chan, General Counsel". I have not checked but suspect she is fictitious. Whilst they are only requesting contact at this point, it is clearly meant to intimidate - all fuel for later reports to OFT.

Intrum 1 Redacted.pdf Intrum 2 Redacted.pdf

I will be sending this to them -

Dear Intrum aka 1st Credit

Your reference …..

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

You have contacted me about the account with the above reference number. I do not admit any liability for your claim.

Enclosed is the Court’s Decision following IND’s attempt to enforce judgement of the alleged debt, along with the order for costs in my favour.

Additionally, the alleged debt is Statute Barred.

Also, it has been raised previously that the Respondent’s use of a “statutory demand” is trite law and merely a scare tactic to frighten the Applicant into paying and thereby is an abuse of process. It is the Applicants contention that the use of the insolvency laws as a debt collection tool is a misuse of the insolvency Rules.

Under the Financial Services Registrar (Financial Conduct Authority, 2019 ) 1st Credit Limited (Trading/Brand Names (May include Previous Names) is now under name Intrum UK Limited, reference number 718918.

The OFT has taken action against the Respondent requiring the company to improve its debt collection practices. The Respondent was previously in breach of Insolvency rules and was investigated by OFT:

after investigation found that some of its business processes and procedures failed to meet satisfactory standards’ and therefore OFT had to impose requirements over debt collection practices of 1st Credit (OFT, 2009)

Any attempt by you to commence Statutory Demand proceedings will be vigorously contented and result in a full complaint report to the FCA & OFT.

Do not make any further contact about the above alleged debt. Any further demands will result in another complaint against your organisations with the FCA & OFT.

Yours

(typed)

Was the claim dismissed or struck out ?  You keep referring to you " won " you got judgment ...a defendant cant get judgment ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Claim dismissed and Claimant to pay Defendant's costs etc

Don't think I ever stated "won' - they failed, judge found in my favour etc....

Hey so you 'won' again....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to IND Claimform - HBOS Card ***Claim Dismissed*** - now Intrum chasing