IND Claimform - HBOS Card ***Claim Dismissed*** - now Intrum chasing

BFV
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spent some considerable time browsing the threads here, but it seems that every case is different.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could advise of what to do next -

I received a letter from IND stating they had bought my credit card debt from Bank Of Scotland, along with a statement of account, and notice of assignment. There was no Notices of Arrears, no Terms and Conditions, no Default Notice.

14 days later they issued a Summons for £11,144.60 - the original debt of £9,271.62 plus interest and costs.

The Pariculars Of Claim state -

"The claimant is the Assignee of a debt from Bank Of Scotland plc. Notice of Assignment was provided to the Defendant by the Claimant in writing. Despite demand for payment the assigned debt(s) remains due. The Claimant complied with Section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.

And the Claimant Claims:

Credit Card Account number ......................

balance of 9,271.62 as of 4/8/09

Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 4/8/09 to 22/0/11 of 1,582.98 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 2.03 AND costs."

I realise I can defend the interest claim and will deal with with later!

However, they only talked about a claim for the assigned debt - no mention of any other documents i.e. credit agreement.

I have not sent any CCA requests.

Should I sent them one now? Or should I send CPR 31.14 letter as posted by surfaceagentx? Am a little confused as they did not refer to any ducuments in their Particulars of Claim....

I want to get my defence right from the start - what should be my next move?

P.S. I have acknowledged the claim requesting additional 14 days to prepare defence.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Not my area I'm afraid but by replying, your post should be seen by the knowledgeable ones

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you silverfox.

It has been suggested that I just file my defence, stating that no Notice of Assignment was provided, that they did not conform to Pre-action Protocol, and they they are not able to claim interest. Then wait for the hearing date and see what documents they will be using to prove the debt.

Any suggestions guys and girls?

Should I send anything to IND?

Hi sorry you don't seem to be getting much assistance.

Take a look here:-

Lloyd's Overdraft, IND collections and N1CPC County Court Form

It will give you a little guidance as to who you are dealing with.Post up if you are unsure of anything.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks - will take a look now.....

Thanks Andy - it seems London Guy is going through the exact same process.

Everything I have received from IND is the same down to the wording in the POC.

Could I use the same template CPR 18 to send to IND

- mindful that this is for a credit card debt not an overdraft?

Can you pint me towards a good DSAR template to send to Lloyds (although the credit card was with Bank Of Scotland)?

Thanks Any - it seems London Guy is going through the exact same process. Everything I have received from IND is the same down to the wording in the POC.

Could I use the same template CPR 18 to send to IND - mindful that this is for a credit card debt not an overdraft? Yes if the PoC evades any docs and CPR 31.14 is pointless

Can you pint me towards a good DSAR template to send to Lloyds (although the credit card was with Bank Of Scotland)?

One in the above thread post~15 I think just change the Claimants name :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk...ata-Protection

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

And print your name no normal signatures

Have a look here at what they claim to have complied with in terms of practice direction pre-action protocols:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/procedure-rules/civil/contents/practice_directions/pd_pre-action_conduct.htm#IDAIRB2

Was there a letter before action? Did they make clear they would take legal action? Did they direct you to people who could help you?

Sorry Andy, but the template link has an error - can you re-post?

Use Londons thread that works post#15

Will do.

Yes they did - they sent everything together in the same envelope and 14 days later started procedings.

Although, there was no effort at Alternative Debt Resolution, nor did they explain the documents they would rely on in court - so will put this in my defence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

UPDATE!

I submitted my defence in October 2011, and have the acknowledgement from the court that it was received. IND failed to respond and the claim as Stayed.

However, the Stay was lifted in June this year, some 5 years later. I was told by the Court in a phone call that the Stay had been lifted in order for the legal representative to be removed from the case. But the case has become "Live" once again and the Courts have set a date of 23rd Novemeber to hear the claim.

I'd appreciate some advice...

IND did not respond to my defence, they did not respond to my s.78 request, they did not respond to a CPR 18. The claim itself claims interest from 4/8/09 - I'm assuming this is when they claim the assignment occured - but this date is out of statute.

I was also informed by the Court that they have a record of receiving my defence, but the document has gone missing....

I am minded to go to Court and get the claim struck, but could use some advice on the best way to achieve this.

• 2 years later...

I had IND chase me for a very old debt which was resolved in the courts in 2016, in my favour! Judgement for me for several reasons, they initially started an Appeal but withdrew it before hearing. I got all costs (Barrister etc)

Now Intrum have sent letters saying they have taken over from IND and I can tell they are heading either for a CCJ or SD.

I feel I should direct them to the Court's Judgement - any suggestions?

Many thanks

There are loads of recent threads here about intrum and old ind debts

if you got judgement then send them a copy of it

when did you last pay anything?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Threads merged for history

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,and thanks,

Andyorch advised me before on the claim, he was brilliant. I ended up getting a barrister to represent me in court and it worked.

I have tried to search for similar threads, maybe you can recommend a couple for me to check?

I never paid anything, always disputed it.

The original claim was lodged with Northampton Bulk Clearing in 2011 but they never replied to my defence and it was stayed.

They then reactivated it in 2016, it went to Court and the judge found in my favour.

I understand that the debt is still there, but is it now statute barred as the original claim was 2011?

I never admitted the debt, though in defending the claim I guess I did have correspondence with IND.

I will defo send them a copy of the judgement, along with the order for costs. How about a statute barred letter too?

I was thinking a letter along these lines -

Dear Intrum aka 1st Credit

Your reference …..

WITHOUT PREJUDICE (is this the correct term?)

You have contacted me about the account with the above reference number. I do not admit any liability for your claim.

Enclosed is the Court’s Decision following IND’s attempt to enforce judgment along with the order for costs in my favour.

Additionally the alleged debt is Statute Barred.

Under the Limitation Act 1980

"...a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." 7.15.4

"A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred." 7.15.8

Do not make any further contact about the above claim or I will lodge another complaint against your organisations with the FCA.

Yours

(typed)

send our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to IND Claimform - HBOS Card **WON** - now Intrum chasing

What exactly do Intrum state in their letter......?  Is it simply change of ownership ?

If you could scan and redact so we have it verbatim for other users...I think your the third in the last couple of weeks IND = Intrum.

Andy