Breadfan Vs Abbey

breadfan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok enough is enough, have been 'lurking' for months on this site, reading threads and other peoples stories, now it's time for action.

I have an Abbey business account, which I have held for many years. It's not an account I have used a great deal, it's just for my internet business which more or less ceased trading about a year ago.

I have been charged for going overdrawn/ returned DD's etc many times over the last 6+ years but have now had the 'final straw'

A Direct Debit for £2.50 took me £1.76 into the red in June 2006. Solely as a result of this, I have been charged £153.42, so far. That's obscene enough in itself, but the DD was a charity donation (Candis) which I've had to cancel to avoid further £30 a time hits.

My questions, if anyone would be kind enough to help, are : -

1) Does the fact it's a business account (sole trader) alter my course of action in any way ?

2) I've drafted a letter relating to the £150 odd in latest round of charges. Should I go on to include the standard letter contents, or write separately on that? Or would it be better to just go the standard route ?

Appreciate any comments, what a great site this is : )

Breadfan