Father's info muddled with mine on debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

On my credit file I have a debt from a utility company, it's in my name but showing my father's date of birth.

It's listed as from 2005 and default date in 2016.

I had no contact about this at all.

I moved in my father's house around 2005 we were both with same supplier and he took his account with him, I opened new account with them.

This is how it got mixed up.

What's the best way if getting this removed, as I don't want to have to pay it, and don't want the debt landing on parents doormat.

I'm pretty sure neither of us owe anything, but don't want to open can of worms.

I think you will need to start telling us which company it is, what kind of utility you are talking about. Then you should send the company an SAR.

You have probably better understand now that it is extremely difficult to clear this kind of thing from your credit file. However if it is a case of mistaken identity then you may have a chance.

You will need to unravel the story before you can do anything about it. Send the SAR. Also an SAR had better be sent in your father's name as well

• 3 months later...