• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Staara77

Homelet/Barbon Ins Grp demanding £6k for Landlord Ins Bill??

Hello all,

Today I receive a letter from barbon insurance group asking me to pay them £5919 for an overdue balance for a place I stayed at for about 2 months.

This on behalf of Homelet

I rented for around 1-2 months and then had to leave, this was due to the flatmate I lived with harassed me.

I lived there I think around 3 years ago.

I contacted the agency that rented out the flat, and told them that I didn't feel safe living there.

I sent them copies of the text messages the flatmate sent me,

they were threatening,

and told me that he could harass me if he wanted to.

The agency seemed fine with this,

they also discovered themselves that the flatmate was not a nice person. 

According to them:

'Homelet provided rental protection to the landlord/agent (for the address I lived at) and subsequently paid out an insurance claim, due to your non payment of rent. Under the rights of subrogation we are able to pursue you to recover this outstanding amount'

'You must now make contact with us as a matter of urgency. Failure to do so may result in increased costs being applied to your debt'

Not once did the agency ever say, or send me letters telling me that I owed them £5919, the only thing they did was to deduct my deposit-which of course I was fine with.

I see it as a really threatening letter and am fuming about this

No warning, and then a nasty letter-forcing me to comply?

I can't help but feel that there is something very fishy going on here.

Has anybody heard of them? 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

moved to residential forum

swear words removed

title updated to better reflect issue.

not a lot they can do to you I bet unless you signed some stupid clause with the Landlord.

its just hot air.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi

1. What type of Tenancy Agreement did you have?

2. How long was the Agreement for?

3. Did you give them proper notice to quit as per your tenancy agreement?

4. Did the Estate Agency agree to you moving out and mention any costs? (do you have this in writing)

5. Was a Check Out done when you moved from the property? (do you have a copy of this in writing)

6. When you moved from the Property was the Estate Agency aware of your new address?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for your replies folks,

dx100uk, I'm sorry for using swear words, I didn't intend to offend anybody.

stu007 the problem is that when I told them about the harrassing flatmate, they appeared to understand, they didn't say anything about it.

The problem is that I have no documents as stupidly I got rid of them-as I thought they were fine with what I had told them.

I've just got an e-mail from them, now it's gone up to £7058:

OUR CUSTOMER: Ridgewood Estates Limited

RE: Miss X

Ground Floor Flat, Lansdowne Place,

OUTSTANDING BALANCE: £7,058.66

We are writing in reference to your overdue balance but regret to note that the above amount remains outstanding. We will now take action to recover this debt through any means at our disposal.

HomeLet provided rental protection to the Landlord/Agent for the above mentioned address and subsequently paid out an insurance claim due to your non-payment of rent. Under the rights of subrogation we are able to pursue you to recover this outstanding amount.

You must now make contact with us as a matter of urgency. Failure to do so may result in increased costs being applied to your debt. Mutually acceptable instalment plans can be implemented to avoid further action against you.

Should you be experiencing financial difficulties, it is important that you contact us urgently or seek advice with your local Citizens Advice Bureau should you require assistance with any information contained within this letter.

If for any reason you dispute the claim being made against you please provide us with details so that we may investigate this matter further. Our trained handlers are available Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm to discuss your account.

Failure to address this issue may result in us instructing field agents to attend your property in an attempt to establish contact and/or further enforcement action. Making contact early in the stage of the recoveries process may reduce the amount you have to pay in the long term.

Yours sincerely,

Zoe Wales

Recoveries Handler

Barbon Insurance Group Limited

Contact number: 0330 333 7063

1. What type of Tenancy Agreement did you have?

If I can remember it was a joint tenancy and I was not the lead tenant, I'm sure the flatmate was. 

2. How long was the Agreement for?

6 months for the both of us.

3. Did you give them proper notice to quit as per your tenancy agreement?

I told them of why I couldn't live there, they seemed fine, as I then heard back from them telling me that the flatmate had caused them a lot of problems, and that neighbours had complained about him playing loud music at night, being noisy and arguing etc. 

4. Did the Estate Agency agree to you moving out and mention any costs? (do you have this in writing)

No nothing was mentioned-as far as I can remember. But I would be looking out for this anyway-as I was expecting them to tell me something-but nothing.

5. Was a Check Out done when you moved from the property? (do you have a copy of this in writing)

I'm afraid I cannot remember

6. When you moved from the Property was the Estate Agency aware of your new address?

I really cannot remember, however, they've managed to track down where I am living now (I've lived in several different places, since I moved out of that flat)

You see this is why it's strange, as I was expecting them to tell me something about owing them money, but I got nothing, then suddenly Barbon decide to contact me out of the blue-demanding money out of me.

As I said before I got rid of any information from them, as when I told them I'll be moving out, they seemed to be fine with it.

I would SAR them, under GDPR rules.

They will have to disclose, everything they have on you, all documents, emails etc.  They have 40 days to comply with this, if not you can report them to the ICO.  

You can then understand exactly what they are (trying) to charge you for, and if you signed any agreements etc.  In my experience a  GDPR request strikes fear into small businesses, because nobody has ever asked them to comply before. (source I had a letting agent try a similar thing on me)

Personally I don't think there is very much they can do to you, and are just trying it on.

30 days

but I wouldn't bother.

they are totally powerless

they cant 'enforce' anything. they are NOT BAILIFFS!!

block and bounce their email from now on

go enjoy your life.

they are trying to fleece you blind.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

True, but if they ever did try it on with a CCJ, wouldn’t it be good  for the OP to have all of what they claim to be charging for though. He’s lost all the original documents , signatures etc

Thanks folks,

I've written to Barbor or Barbon requesting a SAR, asking them for relevant details, and have told them that they have 1 month to get back to me.

So I'll wait and see what happens now.

Thanks again for helping me out here :):):)

Hi

You DO Not have to ask them for specific information in a SAR just ask them for 'ALL DATA

That little phrase covers everything no matter what format it may be held in by the respective company/business/charity/council/housing association etc. 

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

With Insurers it is just a numbers game. Of course they will try to recover the amount of claim, that they paid out orginally. But if they don't, then it is mostly a case of increasing premiums. 

Insurance companies to my knowledge rarely go to court to obtain CCJ's in situations like this. See what data they send you and then just keep an eye of post sent to you. You will receive many letters with different wordings asking for payment, but unless they say they will issue a court claim, then safe to ignore

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Please fill in your quit date here