VCS/BW PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - no permit - Woodside Business Park, Peel Investments, Birkenhead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

£60 Abuse of Process at Paragraph 66  -68  of the  OPS case at Lewes County Court by DDJ harvey

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In addition, the new Code of Conduct to be issued soon by the Government to prevent the issuing of unfair charges by the rogue parking companies includes preventing them fro charging motorists who have a valid permit but failed to display it.

And of course when no permit is displayed in any event that motorist is then classed as a trespasser and only the land owner can sue for trespass.

And of course having not only lost in Court at least once on the added £60 as well as a host of other cases being refused on the same grounds you will be asking for all of your costs to be paid and exemplary damages as well as a breach of your GDPR.

Thanks LFI and BN, I appreciate all this extra information and support, it goes such a long way in terms of detail I can offer, and confidence it brings me on the day.

I will take a good look at the link you provided which I am sure backs up further the abuse of process like you say.

Wrt to costs, how would that be expressed? Is that something I offer verbally on the day, or something I chase up afterwards once the verdict has been given?

If they do turn up in Court and it is quite a big if. then when they lose you ask for your costs- day off work, cost of travel, parking and £19? per hour for litigants work. 

And yes do read the whole article as it will give you other reasons to shoot them down if they do turn up.

• 1 month later...

Morning all

I had my case this morning and subsequently lost it. 

The main focus of the Judge seemed to be on the contract, which he deemed legitimate, in that it was still valid as it had a rollover clause in it.

He also said the missing signage was irrelevant as I'd been working there previously, so therefore it should be assumed I was well aware of the T's & C's.

He never seemed bothered by the fact I had a valid permit, and gave this very little consideration, due to the above.

In my defence, he seemed keen to reject the extra £60. But then after VCS gave £50 of extra costs verbally to the Judge, I was then told I needed to pay £150 in total.

Thanks everyone for all your help, I'm a bit disappointed, but at least that is the end of these parasites on my back now.

sounds like a case of judge lottery to me, or who pays for his golf club membership and then plays a round with him.

was there proof produced that the rolling contract with VCS signed in [year] had received annual payments to date, so was valid?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks HB.

Tbh, once he rejected the £60, I was fairly pleased with that as a result of sorts, so it was an unbelievably gutting twist at the end when the Judge allowed the extra £50 to be included, as he seemed so staunchly anti additional charges in his closing speech about 1 minute prior!

Thanks LFI. Yes, he was a different Judge to last time. This Judge seemed really keen to wrap it up, so we were finished in under 1 hour. The previous Judge wanted to allow 3.5 hrs, 30m for 'reading'. Well we didn't go anywhere near reading, as all he kept reiterating was that he had gone through all the evidence, so all we needed to do was add any extra bits. 

It's weird the way I can't cross examine the representative today because he never wrote it. Although I raised loads of points, I just felt like they fell on deaf ears. However the VCS guy could cross examine me. He went to town on me because I had worked there prior, so I should therefore be aware of the conditions.

Everything centred on the three bullet points from the Defence I sent a few months ago. To which the Judge allowed VCS to effectively blow it apart.

Thanks DX, you are very right indeed, and I should have raised this. Tbh, by this stage I was feeling disillusioned by the Judge as it was clear he didn't want to go over any of my details or evidence, and was absolutely fixated on the contract and signage.

I can't remember I'm sorry. It was 2 x £25, each for something different.

It absolutely blew me away, because like you said, 1 minute prior to that the Judge was not entertaining for a second any extra charge.

One min it was like £100, no more. The next it was £150. Just like that.

I wanted to ask why, but the Judge had pretty much said that once he started his final speech, we cold make no further comment. Plus, once he agreed to it, I thought it was pointless to question anyway as it was not negotiable. Yeah this is without doubt that bit that has left the nasty taste in the mouth. I'm absolutely bewildered by it. Unless this is some sort of basic standard charge that can simply be added without question.

Sometimes it is judge lottery, and not logical, sorry it went the wrong way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Sorry to hear the news Dave.

As for sums on top of the £100, maybe the judge ruled against the £60 Unicorn Food Tax but allowed £25 claimform fee + £25 legal costs.  Just a guess.

Hi Dave

that absolutely rings a bell, thanks for that.

Do you think that ultimately they will have been left out of pocket by this episode? I’m guessing they would have had to pay a barrister 4.5 hours in total for their work alone?

It’s for some crumbs of comfort I am looking to take!

Oh yes, certainly.

So they'll get £150 out of you, £25 will have been the cost of starting the claim, leaving £125 which will go nowhere near paying for legal representation for four and a half hours.

That's why these companies are so reluctant to do court, and kill half the Amazon first.  They do however have to do court sometimes, otherwise they'd become known as paper tigers.

That's also why they make up the Unicorn Food Tax to try to get extra money to pay their lawyer.  Well done on batting away that part of their claim.

It will have left them out of pocket, shame the judge didn't take HHJ Harveys response to Unicorn Feed tax in the OPS case at lewes.  and kick it out, but that's judge lorttery.

Thanks Dave and BN

Thats right, it just goes to show it depends on what Judge turns up on the day.

As you say, I supposed it could have been worse, it could have been with an additional £60 thrown on top, so at least my defence counted for something.

It is at least satisfying knowing that they have been left out of pocket by the episode, seems mad that they or anyone would do that, but I understand they probably see it as a necessary loss etc.

Thanks to everybody though for all your help and support over the five years, it's been really appreciated. You really are an amazing helpful bunch.