VCS/BW PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - no permit - Woodside Business Park, Peel Investments, Birkenhead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the principles of contracts are the same, if parking is limited to those who have a permit and the sigange doesnt offer separate terms for others then the signage is prohibitive in nature and the  monies demanded is an unlawful penalty.

so a sign saying permit holders accept ther following conditons and all other pay £60 to park si OK, but permit holders only the prevents anyone else being offered terms to aprk so there is no performance of contract by VCS because they cant and arent offering you anything.

It is like me sending you a letter containing a demand for £100 for tearing my envelope!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again all

20th April is not too far away now, is it time I started shaping up a defence now do you think?

I have not had anything back from VCS as far as I am aware.

Thanks

I think your last try is not too far off the mark?

did you check if this area is covered by port byelaws?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, cover yourself by keeping to the deadlines.

There are lots of other VCS claimform threads here.  However, in particular look at what EB pointed out in posts 3 & 76, do a draft based around those points and post it up here.  As usual Simon has not bothered to reply to the CPR so use that too.  A defence can be very brief.  After we will suggest some tweaking.  Then you can send it off on the 20 to show Simon he will have a fight on his dishonest hands.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks DX/Dave

I've not confirmed the area is covered by bye laws, however, there is an old sign at the entrance to the car park, hidden beneath the trees saying "No Parking permit holders only. Vehicles not displaying permits are liable to prosecution and removal MDHC (Mersey Docks and Harbour Company) By Laws".

As I say this is a far older sign than the newer red ones scattered about the place.

However, this is the sign that greets you at the entrance, the newer red one is only placed on the building walls. Its just this old one is far more discreet.

Anyway, would this confirm the answer to your question, or would I need more evidence?

• Like 1

well found

that confirms its a byelaw area then.

so have a look at the no stopping claimform threads

use our search top right

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Get a pic of the Mersey Docks sign and indicate where it is in relation to the other entrance signs, will be handy later if Simple Simon is persistent.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi DX/BN

Thanks I’ll take a look at the no stopping threads, and wrt to the photo, is this something I send through soon with my defence as part of the evidence?

I had a look at the form and I can’t see if it states to send additional evidence through?

Ive got a map of the car park though that VCS sent through, indicating the more populated newer red signs. I’ll print a copy off and insert the other older sign onto it.

that sign is giving you 2 points to beat them with,

firstly it is a harbour covered by its own byelaws 

secondly that menas the offer by VCS is trumped by the conditions displayed on that sign

( and the byelaws they enforce. )

For the latter is it performance of contract that gives VCS the bums rush, they cnat actually give you naything so you arent bound bto accept their offer.

You will need the piccie of the sign to support both of these points.

the content of that sign makes it clear that parking is offered to a limited group of people and anyone else is a trespasser and may suffer the penalties laid out in the byelaws.

VCS have no say in that and cant claim that their offer to demand £100 is somehow a benefit that is supplementary to the law, it isnt, it is just an unlawfu penalty charge and unenforceable.

Look at Dunlop v Selfridge

If VCS continue with their claim you will have to produce two pieces of documentation.  One is your defence , on the 20th, which need be only a brief list of bullet points.

Later on, before the court case, you will need to produce a much more detailed Witness Statement with all the documentation you will rely on in court.

So to answer your question, no, you don't send the picture with your defence (but you will need it later in your Witness Statement).

Thanks everyone. I've had a look at all the links like you have suggested which have been very helpful. 

Just having another look at the defence, it looks to me like these two are the most relevant, and particularly para 2.

Wrt to para 3, I've just noticed that on the map of the car park they sent through, with positions of signage on, it is quite clear they have nothing marked at the entrance to the car park, however, they are falsely indicating a sign, close to the old MDHC one. The MDHC one is the one and only sign that greets you at the entrance, however it seems to me that on the mappings, they have tried to manipulate that sign into one of the newer red ones, because there is no red sign in the vicinity of the MDHC one. Seems a bit sneaky by VCS so would this count in my favour?

This is the defence which seems most relevant to me...

1. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle].

2. It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract with the Defendant. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant, VCS was simply contracted by the landowner, MDHC to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the carpark is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the landowner.

3. If there was a contract, it is denied that the  parking charge is incorporated into the contract. As per Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking [1971] 2 QB 163, the relevant term must be made known before a contract was formed. Here, the charge was not incorporated into the contract because the VCS signage could only be viewed after parking my car..

4. The  Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

Some of what you've written is OK, but you really need to hammer home the points about bye-laws and prohibition.

Have a look at post 76    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419527-vcs-spycar-pcn-paploc-now-claimform-no-stopping-east-midlands-airport-castle-donnington/page/4/#comments  and post 59  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417985-vcs-spycar-pcn-paploc-now-claimform-no-stopping-london-southend-airport/page/3/#comments

Tweak the best of what these two have written and then please post a revised defence up here before you send it in.

Thanks Dave

I've had a good look at those two, as well as VCS ANPR PCN claimform - Berkeley Centre Sheffield, S11 8PN ***Claim Dismissed*** Post 36.

I hope it's ok, but if not please let me know and I will redo. 

1. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle].

2. The land is covered by its own byelaws so not "relevant land" under the POFA. The byelaws create a supremacy of contract over VCS signage so no liability created.

3. It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract with the Defendant. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the carpark is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the landowner.

4. The claimant has no locus standi.

5. If there was a contract, it is denied that the  parking charge is incorporated into the contract. As per Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking [1971] 2 QB 163, the relevant term must be made known before a contract was formed. Here, the charge was not incorporated into the contract because the VCS signage could only be viewed after parking my car. The only signage greeting me at the entrance to the car park was that of MDHC (Bye Laws).

In summary, it is the Defendant's position that the claim discloses no cause of action, is without basis, and the Claimant has no right to pursue said claim. The charge is unconscionable and relies upon a misleading business practice as described above and the attempt to add a further sum in 'damages' that a private parking firm is not entitled to collect, is a clear abuse of process. Accordingly, the Court is invited to strike out the claim of its own initiative, using its case management powers pursuant to CPR 3.4.

registered keeper...

dx

and they

Much, much better.  However, points 3 & 4 are the same thing, stick them together.

Just copy n paste

and they

they have 28 days...

dx

and they

as you've probably read you should get notice from the court its been served on the claimant, they have 28 days (after 5 days for service..like you had with the claimform)

dx

and they