VCS/BW PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - no permit - Woodside Business Park, Peel Investments, Birkenhead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

haha they are funny

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Just by way of an update, the latest love letter off BW, costs have now risen again...

Principle Dept, and initial legal costs £154.00

Est. Interest £5.06

Est Court Fees £25.00

Est Solicitor Costs £50.00

Est Total £234.06

I've got till 27t July to avoid proceedings being commenced.

The tossers have also tried calling me again.

Any advice you can offer will as always be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

so they want you to pay their estimated costs before they actually incur them.

As you know, BW can say what they want but they are only paid to send out letters so if someone doesnt pay them more money they will just shut up.

If you want to respond a repeat of the

"A lack of contractual obligation makes your demands spurious, please refer back to your client and desist this harassment" will do.

They know the truth but want some free money.

and it doesn't say will anything.

read the letter properly!

proceeding don't mean legal proceedings..

just more scary letters.....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 years later...

Hi

VCS have just sent out a Letter Before Claim to me, 3 years after their last correspondence!

June 16 was the last time I was on this message board and I received some great advice, and I thought that was going to be the end of it. I am unable to respond to my original thread now as it is so dated, so will anyone else still be able to view it?

If somebody could please offer some advice on how to respond it would be much appreciated, and if you require further details of course I will provide them.

Many thanks

Dave

By clicking on your user name it uncovers your posts in 2016. I am sure that ericsbrother will read them and re-familiarise himself with the thread and give you advice.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

simply send one of ericbrothers snotty/insulting letters back to them.

and they

Go as per DX use what EB suggests as a guide, along the lines of you had no legitimate claim 3 years ago, i haven't and you, I and BW legal know this, and I haven't forgotten, sure EB will call in and suggest something suitable

If they do decide to be silly, the fact that you and they did that there was no basis for a claim 3 years ago, and you have just now reiterated this to them will not help them at all they could get a tolchocking by a Judge at a hearing.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

not being funny dave

you've been here since 2016

more than enough time to realise cag is also a self help forum and we have a very good custom google search box on the left after clicking our top left logo in the top red banner for you to research your issue.

you need to understand WHY such a letter is sent, not get it on a plate without the background as to why its worded in such a manner.

this will further your case cause oneday you could be in a courtroom with a judge being cross examined by the claimants solicitor, flipping ones lips and making silly noises wont cut it.

dx

• Haha 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/BW PCN - Letter Before Claim

How about tis-

Dear sirs, I am surprised that Simple Simon is wasting his money hiring the parking world's second worst solicitors to chase up a claim that both you and he knows is spurious.. Should you between you decide to take civil action I shall ask for a full costs recovery order as the claim is vex. I am also minded to sue VCS under Vidal Hall and others v Google  and VCS v Phillip Liverpool CC Dec 2016 as they have no justification for obtaining and processing my personal data.

That should hopefully have the desired effect, VCS havent used either Gladdys or BWL for a while preferring to lose defended claims off their own bat recently.

Now you need to prepare for court just in case they do carry on so start gathering evidence now

• Like 1

Thanks Ericsbrother, looks good to me. I’ll send such a letter back to them and they can take it from there.

Thanks DX for replying again also. I’ll look into the background of these things further like you say. However not sure where that last part of your message come from, it was you that made the original silly remark wasn’t it? Or have I missed something there??

Cheers

there is a serious point you need to understand though,

we can advise but we cant stand next to you if they do want to try their luck and sue so you need to know what it is all about rather than relying on what others tell you.

this means reading up a lot about private parking and the law surrounding the issues people face and also learning about how the companies behave.

they have sent you a threatogram because they think after this time you have binned all of your paperwork.

Now the good news is that it would be a very rare occasion that they would actually show their faces in court just to receive an earwigging from a judge about abuses of procedure when they are just slapping in claims as a method of coercing you into paying when they know that there is no real cause for action, like in your case>

however, as the law stands they can do this as often as they want as long as they dont keep suing the same person and invite a charge of vexatious litigation.

you will find examples where people like Alex Shipp have tried their damndest to bait the parking co's to take them to court but all that happens is they then start to do a bit of quality control and whitelist certain people's car reg or address.

Thanks Ericsbrother.

I’m just amazed that 3 years down the road these people are still at it.

Is this a new tactic or an old chestnut? 

Thankfully Ive still got a record of all my previous correspondence with them.

It seems a lot to take in looking at historical cases and not all of it is easy to find.

Obviously I have my old records to back me up should it go any further, but if it did end up in court would I require the services of a solicitor or do I fight off my own back.

Apologies for my ignorance.

in the meantime I’ll fire off that letter back to VCS and if I do hear any more I’ll let you know.

Thanks again for your help though I really appreciate it and it’s amazing you and DX etc offer your support.

no its not a new tactic

its designed that way from the get go.

mostly hoping people have moved etc etc

then they go for a backdoor CCJ that you'll know nowt about till it blocks something requiring a clean credit record or the court send bailiffs around.

which is why it SO important to know the score

and they

Thanks DX.

Letter sent now. Ive also had a look at the cases EB mentioned earlier, which is all very interesting reading like you said. It’s reassuring to know cases have been won against them, and its amazing what lengths they seem to go to, to try and reel you in.

you wont need a solicitor, you would struggle to find one that knows about parking law as a specific topic so you are better off learning for yourself.

Now my thoughts are on whether they want to pay BWL to lose for them or cut their losses.

Look up champerty and maintenance as we believe that the practices of Gladstones and BWL in offering a type of no win no fee arrangement may well risk crossing that line if for example this letter was sent out without the express instruction of VCS

• 9 months later...

Hi all

I have some further updates regarding 'VCS/BW PCN - Letter Before Claim', which was a thread I started back in 2016, and gave further updates last year.

Ive had a new letter through from VCS recently which I would wish to hear yours and others advice, but I am unable to reply to your last post.

Are you able to help me re-visit my thread please?

The latest letter is re. Intention to start court proceedings.

Thanks

Dave

merged

is it entitled 

letter of claim?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/BW PCN Letter Before Claim - no permit.

you've omitted to tell us the full details of the car park and where.

and they