kkatiew

Email from Wonga administrators

Hi,

I've had an email recently as follows :

You may have a claim and be due a refund from Wonga Dear Miss Wilson As you may be aware, WDFC UK Limited (trading as Wonga.com) entered into administration on 31 August 2018. Chris Laverty, Daniel Smith and Andrew Charters were appointed as joint administrators of WDFC UK Limited on 31 August 2018 (the "Joint Administrators"). Why are you being contacted? As part of the administration process, the Joint Administrators are seeking claims from current and former customers of Wonga who believe they were sold an unaffordable loan(s) and may have an eligible claim. How can I make a claim? An Online Claims Portal has been provided by the Joint Administrators as a secure channel for you to submit a claim in a fast and straightforward manner, without the need for any third party assistance. Completing this application should take just a few minutes. The Online Claims Portal will ask you for some account information (e.g. name, email address associated with your Wonga account, etc). Following which, it will try to identify you automatically based on Wonga's records. If successfully identified, you will be able to submit a claim on the Online Claims Portal. Once submitted we will email you to confirm that your claim has been submitted, and no further action is needed by you. We will email you again once your claim has been assessed.Submit your claim now

Has anyone else had one and is it legitimate ?

I have had around 50 loans with Wonga over about 7 years but have never claimed against them.

Thanks

I've just replied to the email and it says replying to wonga.com ? 

The email link takes you to a online claim portal.

Thanks

Sorry, yes it does come from theteam@hq.wonga.com !

I'll go ahead with it then and see what happens.