Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Morrisons Bridgewater Somerset

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have received a PCN from Parking Eye and wondered if I could get some advice.

The PCN was issued on 27/04/2019 and the parking "event" took place on 21/03/2019 

The Morrisons carpark where I parked had a three-hour limit and I parked for 3 hours 54 minutes and received notification c/w two photos of my number plate and demand for £85 with a discount to £50 if paid by 11/05/2019.

The PCN was sent directly to my postal address.

Parking Eye state (See JPG Parking 1) That I have been identified as the hirer/lessee of the vehicle and the hiring company has supplied my details c/w a copy of my signed hire agreement and statement of liability.

This is where I am somewhat confused.

I have never hired or leased this vehicle nor signed a hire agreement or statement of liability for said vehicle.

I was the driver of the vehicle but was parked in the parking area under the instructions of my employer, who had knowledge of the time limited parking in place.

I can perhaps understand Parking Eye issuing a PCN to the lease company who then identified the company I work for,  as the keeper of the vehicle,

however the firm I work for sought no permission to share my data with Parking Eye.

I have complained to my immediate superior who told me to park in the carpark and who failed to get me back to my van in time to avoid a ticket,

but he has denied telling me to park there and has told me it is company policy that drivers are responsible for paying their own parking tickets.

As you can imagine I am not very happy about the whole issue and wonder where I stand.

Thankyou anyone for your kind advice in advance.

Ian 

parking1.jpg.b9f7be6d8ebb3b22131219fddeae55e8.jpg

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement  21/03/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 27/04/2019

3 Date received 30/04/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, two timestamped photos of my numberplate

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Morrisons Bridgewater Somerset

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Morrisons Bridgewater Somerset

thank

you

now are you aware of the date your employer informed PE you were the driver

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Regret to say, my employer did not let me know the date they received a comunication from Parking Eye. I can only presume PE contacted the Lease company, who then contacted my employer, who then gave my data to PE. 

Thanks

Ian

has the ntk/pcn letter got your address on it?

and they

Ok thanks

but you know your employer did rat on you yes?

and they

Yes, they didn't even contact me to say that PE had requested driver details. 

They just shopped me and then my area manager said the ticket is my responsibility, even though he told me and a colleague to park there so he could collect us and take us to our branch in town.

There is no parking at our shop for 2 x 3.5 ton LWB transits.

A fact I informed him, so he said park at Morrisons.

I even told him when he collected us, that there was a 3 hour limit on the car park, but he kept us in a meeting and we had no way to return to our vehicles.

As you can imagine I am a bit cheesed off.

Also am unhappy my firm gave my details to PE. 

Thanks for your advice though.

Ian

well on the face of it it LOOKS like they are out of time

they only had 14 days to issue the PCN as it was an ANPR capture

however, if you were to add 14 [org one to firm] + [14 one to you] that = 28 days 

and even then they are out of time.

so time to ignore them.

until/unless you get a letter of claim from one of the fake/tame paperwork only solicitors I would ignore

see what ericbrother says.

to me they are out of time whichever way you look at it.

and they

problem is that once they have driver's name the protection afforded to the keeper still only applies to the keeper.

Employer sent you there so you need to raise this as a grievance with immediate manager or if they were the one at fault you go to the level above.

I would avoid corresponding with PE in the meanwhile but dont let this get away from you. read your employment contract and see what it says about driving, you may well be telling you boss you cant take the van out if they continue to behave in the way they are and ultimately looking for another job

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, been signed off work with stress, just to add to my problems. I have just had A demand from a company called Debt Recovery Plus, for £155, regarding my previous communication from Parking Eye and the initial Invoice for £85, reduced to £50 for payment within 14 days. 

DRP, claim £155, yet make no mention of the original claim figure of £85 or any charges added on their paperwork to come to this "Revised" figure of £155.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. (My local area manager who insisted I park in Morrisons has basically denied he told me to and even though he did not return me to my vehicle within the 3 hour time frame, he has basically said I am liable.) As you can imagine I have no intention of returning after this, but I am looking at possibly involving a solicitor, from the point of view of the way I have been treated which led to the parking charge notice.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian, I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather.

As for DR+, they've never been a problem before and as you've observed, they're plucking figures from the air. If I'm thinking about the right people, they eventually pass the file onto Zenith who are powerless debt collectors. I expect other people will be along to comment.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

already explained in my last post

• Like 1

and they

have you contacted Morrisons directly and told them that you were there on business (try to avoid the obvious bear trap with this) and ask them to get the charge cancelled.

It is a bit late but not impossible for intervention by the store as thery dotn actually like their parking co's but are stuck with a number of historic contracts.

No, I haven't I must admit.

I suppose in a way, I don't blame Morrisons, I work for a major charity and we have a shop in Bridgewater.

There is no parking for 2 x 3.5-ton lwb transits, my immediate boss told me to park in Morrisons when I asked him where we could park whilst attending a meeting at our shop. I pointed out the time limit and parking rules when he drove to pick myself and my other colleague up. He insisted that he would bring us back in time. Obviously, he didn't. 

In a way, I suppose it is my fault, as I should have told him to organise somewhere legal to park or change the venue of the meeting, I didn't. I did what I was told and got hung out to dry for it. 

So in all honesty I cannot claim to Morrisons that I am innocent, mereley that his instructions led me to believe that it would not be a problem to park there.

Thanks for all your help though. Ian

stop wittering about your mitigating circumstances and get on to them and request that they cancel the charge and if they dont you havent lost anything

Have you checked to see if there is planning consent for the cameras and signs? ( 2 separate planning laws so 2 permissions needed)

Local council planning portal will be first port opf call and then phone and ask.

PE dont have deemed permission, different sections fo the Act apply for cameras spying on cars on poles compared to CCTV camera on a building and sin offering a contract isnt "informational" like a FIRE EXIT sign would be

I have searched the Bridgewater area planning portals for all historic applications. The Morrisons site has applications for signage, but none for cameras that I have been able to find. Although the local Council told me that permission for cameras was not needed? 

Thanks.

poss for CCTV but they [PE] MUST have perm for ANPR.

its explicit permission needed for those 

• Like 1

and they

Next time you have to park and meet up with this manager I would thoroughly stitch him up.

Insist you go to a P&D site, make sure it's okay to park vans, make sure they have ANPR and are well known for being litigious. Tell him you'll meet him in the car park, he'll be fine as he's not parking, only picking you up, he won't be leaving the vehicle (B.S. but he won't know that I bet). Arrive a few minutes late, faff about finding change for the meter (keep your receipt & claim back on expenses), get a pal to ring you as you're just about to leave van etc., anything you can think of to dither about with. Get it past 10 minutes between his "in" and "out" times and he should receive his very own PCN to cherish. Revenge is a dish best served cold as the saying goes!

• Like 1

deemed consent is given for certain sorts of sign and also for CCTV attached to buildings if other conditons are met.

ANPR cametras on poles never fit into the deemed consent  bit

planning portal will use address and postcode so you might want to retry