Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • There have been significant developments today, and unfortunately, they are not good.   Firstly, myself and other people that have looked at and contributed to this thread would have assumed that Lowell would have discontinued, after taking it right to the wire, however, this appears not to be the case.  It looks like they are going for it big style.   Secondly, I was reading the threads last night, a credit agreement exactly the same as mine was taken to Court and a Judge said it was enforceable and the defendant lost the case.  That knocked the stuffing out of me quite a lot.   Thirdly, and most seriously, I was having a word with my line manager at work (who is also a good friend) this afternoon.  He told me (off the record) that I was putting my job at risk if I lose the case.  Apparently, anyone who gains a CCJ is duty bound to declare it and disciplinary proceedings will follow.  I do not work in the financial sector where I know this is commonplace, but I work with confidential and sensitive information and was told that my employer will think that I am vulnerable to bribery and corruption.  Apparently they will take defaults into account, (I did have a couple of defaults when I first started), but a CCJ is a big no no.  I did not know this as I would not have let things get anywhere near this far.  I was told to get this sorted ASAP.  My stress and anxiety levels are now through the roof.   How I wished now I had just arranged that damn Tomlin Order with them a couple of weeks ago.  If I knew then, what I know now, it would have been a "no brainer".  I do not want to gamble with my job. Where I live, jobs are very hard to find.  I could end up jobless and homeless for just one "appointment" with the Judge.  I simply cannot take the risk.   So where do I go from here?  Is it too late to go for the Tomlin Order as the hearing is on Friday.  It would solve all of my problems at the moment and help me keep my job and my home.    I have no savings, no property and my reasonable expenditure is just about my income, so they could not get much out me.  Perhaps £10 a month is the maximum I could afford.  I feel now I have burnt my boats and I am at their mercy.  I absolutely hate them with a passion.  But I also hate myself, as I should have researched fully the consequences of my job.   Is there any way I can sort this mess out before it's too late?  Any ideas would be most welcome.  
    • Did you sign a personal guarantee? Have you a copy of the ccj? is it in your name or the ltd company name?   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=Limited company ccj&oq=Limited company ccj&gs_l=partner-generic.12...23159.34137.0.36634.19.19.0.0.0.0.308.4270.0j3j15j1.19.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.10977j7667391j19...1j4.34.partner-generic..19.0.0.OY00NBTWR3U
    • Thanks dx100uk  ....  Thought not, but just checked to be sure and no neither one used ...  A parking/penalty slip, and in just the above post only.
    • Admiral probably won't offer near £3600. They are most likely to offer lower end of value shown in Glasses guide. Then you will have the excess deducted from the amount.   Always up to policyholder to negotiate the market value by providing evidence of similar cars for sale locally. Details of condition of the car pre accident etc.    Depending on the damage you can always get a local garage or AA/RAC to carry out an inspection and report on damage/costs of repair. But they may charge you and the Insurers won't cover costs of your inspection report.   Insurers don't mess around with repairs over a certain value, as can be a pain, as they would be liable for more repairs if policyholder unhappy after initial repair or damage was missed.   The £100 injury cover i thought was not cover for actual injury. I thought this was cover if you incurred costs due to be injured e.g. ambulance call charge.    Cannot really criticise Admiral as what you have been told by them appears to be correct. Unfortunately most people don't realise how Insurance works until they need to claim.
  • Our picks

welshlass

Cabot financial/Vanquis old Debt

Recommended Posts

Evening all, 

 

looking for advice please, 

 

I sent a letter to cabot financial asking them to prove it

they have sent a letter back with a breakdown of the statement which is fine as the charges on there are unbelievable

I believe the FCA have announced they have to pay compensation,

 

however what my query is they have not provided evidence only a screenshot of the online application and said it was a digital signature and that when the box has to be ticked to submit the application .

 

the screenshots are very poor and only show name address, dob annual salary and thats its this was may 2011 too 

 

just looking to see where I go with this next and what letter I can send next to them next 

 

thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When did you make your last payment on this debt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the prove it letter should be removed from our library

 

send them a CCA request.

 

dx

 


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, London1971 said:

When did you make your last payment on this debt?

last payment I made was January 2019.

 

 

4 hours ago, dx100uk said:

the prove it letter should be removed from our library

 

send them a CCA request.

 

dx

 

thanks I will do this today then and go from there and wait there response. does it matter that they have sent me computer print outs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.

 

All that matters that they have 12 plus 2 days to respond to your CCA Request.  If they don't then no need to do anything, certainly not pay them a penny.  Just run it past here if they are stupid enough to send a Letter Before Action, pretty unlikely if they can't come up with a CCA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brilliant all done today will let you know response. 

 

Thank you so much  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still no response from cabot after sending the cca 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...