• Tweets

• So I'm the one that's paying the mortgage for my kids to have a home so I have to let them no what goes in and comes out and pay them payments with my card so he just authorized me to talk to them when he ohones as they always have to as me questions and what not
    • Because I pay all the household Bill's my partner as always had to authorise them to speak to me on his behalf as I'm the only earner in the house 
    • No problem. Just thinking - if you are not named on the mortgage why is the lender discussing with you? 
    • I'm gonna try fill out income expenditure later on this afternoon hun x  
    • I am inquiring about how older, single people are treated on UC and how often they are likely to be sanctioned compared to other age groups.   I am 47 in September and have always been Single, and if I was to be put onto Universal Credit soon (as I think I may be) then I am wondering how often people in my group would be at risk of sanction. I have seen charts where, the older the claimant is, the chances of sanction are less likely, but I have not been able to find out information about single people. I have seen a pie chart of that kind mentioning single parents or couples and even disabled people, but no mention of single people at all. Are people in my group hit hardest or not?   I am currently on ESA as I have a physical "limitation" and have mental health issues (anxiety and paranoia) but I heard that next year, everyone on legacy benefits will be moved over onto UC. Is that still the plan?  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies

My father parked on a road near his home in a parking bay which he has been doing for a number of weeks. 

He has seen the warden past his mini bus and other vehicles on the same road on a number of occasions and not issue any tickets.

However on 30th April, my father parked in the same place he always does and saw the warden again who walked passed his and other vehicles on the road, then returned and placed a ticket on his mini bus.

My father confronted him about this and was told that he could not park in this place.

This was despite there not being any signs stating that there was no parking or any permits were required. 

My father was then sent a PCN ticket with a 12R violation:-

'Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either ... or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place – Contravention Code 12. ... 12R means no residents'

Obviously my father was very angry about this and contested the PCN as my father's mini bus was the only vehicle that had a ticket and the vehicle in front did not. 

My father received a response stating that he had parked in a bay that was for residents and they were not concerned that a ticket was not placed on other vehicles only that it was placed on his.

They also sent a picture of a parking sign on the other side of the road near a bay which was not where my father parked. 

Despite this they still want him to pay the fine. 

Who is in the right, my father or the Local council? (Pictures are attached)

Picture from Local council.jpg

What's the exact  location? Post a google streetview link

Thereis a missing sign :

https://goo.gl/maps/j8zgZ6yxujuB6S3o7

although there is a sign round the corner:

https://goo.gl/maps/DoUVK3DXMRQ2HU3H7

If your father lives in the area he must be aware of the CPZ  and it's restrictions, why does he noot have a resident permit?

Although my father lives in the area, he is not allowed to park there 2 hours out of the day hence the reason why he parks elsewhere along with other residents who live on this road.  As a pension, he does not think that it is right that he should pay £120 for the year not to park for 2 hours a day for 5 days on his road.  Himself and other residents have written to complain to the local council about this. 

However, as stated previously although there are signs elsewhere on the road such as across the road and further up the road, there is no sign where he parked.  This is the reason why he parked there. 

Having made an informal challenge and been refused, he has 2 choices - pay the discount or wait for the NtO and make formal representations on the grounds of missing/inadequate signage at which point the full penaltyof £130 is in play.  The council will almost certainly refuse it.

He can then appeal to an adjudicator where if it becomes apparent that  he is a resident in the adjoining CPZ and is refusing to buy a resident permit on principle, but is knowingly parking  in contravention somewhere else, even with the missing sign I can quite easily see an adjudicator refusing an appeal.

If he continues to park there, he's likely to get more pcns, which will end up costing more than £120 a year. But it's his principle and his money.

How did the last PCN end up?

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately he ended up having to pay for that one although there was not a sign anywhere near where he parked yet again including a pole, there was one which I did notice at the beginning of the road where he parked but high up.  

I will relay this information to him as I do understand your point in this matter.

Many thanks 

If it is a CPZ each bay wont need a plate but if each marked bay is listed separately as resident parking ( you will find the wording in the Traffic Order somehting like "for 26m north of the junction with anyroad to 33m north of the same and for 11m north of that junction to 135m from the same there will be marked bays where the following restrictions apply") the marked bit is the point here as they will need the signs to denote the restrictions in each bay if the wording doesnt create a zone, esp where there are yellow lines between them, which must have their own plates if SYL.

30 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

If it is a CPZ each bay wont need a plate but if each marked bay is listed separately as resident parking ( you will find the wording in the Traffic Order somehting like "for 26m north of the junction with anyroad to 33m north of the same and for 11m north of that junction to 135m from the same there will be marked bays where the following restrictions apply") the marked bit is the point here as they will need the signs to denote the restrictions in each bay if the wording doesnt create a zone, esp where there are yellow lines between them, which must have their own plates if SYL.

The CPZ restriction times apply to SYL's  within that zone and not parking bays, so SYL's do not require their own timeplates.  Each parking bay within the zone must have it's own timeplate, even if, as is often the case, the restricted times are the same as the CPZtimes

Please fill in your quit date here