• Tweets

• ,OK  Firstly forget about court , at least for now and possibly for ever, dont pay any fees direct to anyone. NO one has ever won a case over something like this, however, many have suffered £1000 in costs for following inaccurate advice.   I suppose this will be arrears of payment for rent or damages to next door. Was it the same Bailiff company enforcing this as performed the possession? Anyway.   Forgive me if you have already replied to the following. Was a Notice of enforcement received, where was it addressed. Where in the timeline was it sent, before the CCJ or after, if so how long after.   The reason for this Is, if the order of enforcement had not been received by the bailiff or until alter the warrant was issued to your friend, you could have bought the car, with no repercussions.   £500, probably get £50 to 100 at auction, after costs, just not enough in it for them I think they will be convinced you know where he is, hence the pressure. I dont think they will be interested in the car or anything else from you,    I did notice someone saying that VAT are not payable on HCEO fees. They are of course. These Bailiffs are self employed and therefore liable for tax. The mentions I have seen refer to the officers Firm of HCEO who are not self employed themselves of course, they are employed by the firm..   The creditor firm may be asked to pay VAT on the fees he has to pay the HCEO business(to start enforcement for instance), and it is those fees that he may be able to reclaim though his own business account, in the normal way. You cannot reclaim tax someone else has paid, unfortunately.   If you suspect fees are out of order, first step is always complain to the bailiff and the creditor. Court is never necessary in these circumstances, no legitimate adviser would ever bring the subject of  high court hearing up. Ludicrous nonesense.
    • Why would you think you could not do so ?   Visits to US are subject to US entry rules.   If you have a debt owing in an Islamic country such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, they have some court registration system, which may mean that it is noted when you attempted to visit a Middle Eastern country . You may then be stopped at the border and possibly detained while the debt issue is dealt with.
    • We're way past Feb 2019 - did you mean 2020 ?   In any event, never mind a refund - if you're not welcome at the gym, cancel the DD mandate immediately.   Don't bother with what Harlands tell you and don't speak to them at all, for any reason ! They tell porkies and have nothing at all to do with you being unwelcome at the gym.   Let us know how it goes with the No Win , No Fee solicitor.   😎
    • It was not retweeted by Trump, in fact his press secretary Stephanie Grisham said he ''strongly condems'' what he's heard of it even though she claims he hasn't yet seen it .     It has been widely criticised for being in extremely bad taste. If even Trump thinks it's over top what does it say about the decision to post it here?    
    • as post 7^^^ fee is due to be paid by 25th oct. your WS is due 2 weeks before the court hearing in nov IF lowells pay the fee!!   are your next move
  • Our picks

George43

Intrum SD for old HBOS credit card debt ***Withdrawn***

I have received statutory demand from Debt collector  late April.  

It was served through the letter box. 

It is the fourth debt collector since 2016 for the same debt from the same bank.

The account with the bank was opened about 10 years ago and was in default since 2016.
I have not been in contact with Debt Collector since they purchased the debt in November last year.

The first paragraph in the box of debt description in the statutory demand  is:
"The debtor entered into contract with bank ...

And was given the account number ...

The debtor failed to adhere to the contract terms and conditions."

The only prove of my debt the collector has (it seems) is the letter of assignment from the bank.

I am going to request CCA from them. 

How to set aside the statutory demand?

Please help

Intrum Justitia, Halifax, £9200.

thank you 

Do you have any other debts ?

Do you own any assets e.g. House ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Credit card which I stopped paying in 2016

I have a house with equity

I have other debts too

But I can't get remortgage or debt management plan because I don't worl

No, nothing

Few usual threatening letters

Previous 3 debt collectors were sending similar letters

Please please, I have only one week left 

Robinson Way, CSL and Moorcroft

I have studied the linked post to the detail.

It was the first time I think I received the notice of assignment from halifax

How can I ask creditor to set demand aside if only now I am going to ask for CCA?

When did you orginally take out this credit card ? 

Did you contact Halifax concerning issues of hardship and not being able to make payments ?

Have you got copies of all statements from Halifax to see whether loads of excessive charges have been added ?

Have you got a copy of the default notice from Halifax that would have been sent to you, a month or two after you stopping making repayments ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This was the last letter before statutory demand

image.jpg

This was Halifax letter posted by Intrum in their first letter, no barcodes

image.jpg

I took that card about 20 years ago.

i never contacted Halifax that I couldn’t pay.

i can’t remember about charges or default notice

Do you have the Stat Demand Letter? 

20 Years ago? Fat chance they will have an agreement for it! Yikes... 

Before 2k7 - Recon from my understanding is not valid. A Card that old would have numerous T&C changes made to it which they would have to supply as part of their case. 

Sorry it was 10 years ago

The credit card account was opened in 2008

The demand was served by process server and it looks like one from focus website

what date is on the SD please

what date is on the attached letter left in your letterbox from the process server or the date he signed it?

he cant just leave it in your letterbox unless he can prove previous failure to deliver in person.

so what letters of recent have you from the process server?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

He posted first class the second letter

He came in person as I found letter asking me to contact me without saying anything what was that about.

then he posted letter that he would deliver it on the 30th irrelevant if I am not there if I don’t agree other time.

then it was posted through letter box on the 30th without any date, stamp on envelope or date on statutory demand