Travelodge Cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys

I’d appreciate anyone’s advice with my rights regarding this.

Ten days ago I booked, and paid, for four rooms at the Travelodge on Ryde for tonight.

This morning, at 6.55am, I received an email from Travelodge to state that our bookings for today had been cancelled. No explanation, nothing.

I tweeted Travelodge customer service department this morning and they have stated that the only way the booking was cancelled was by me logging into the website and cancelling it myself!

I have now tweeted twice to them that I have not cancelled our rooms and have been ignored. No offers of sorting anything or escalating to someone.

As I haven’t had a response via Twitter, I then emailed the CEO and have essentially had an identical response – that the only way it has been cancelled is by me logging into the website and cancelling it! It’s absolutely bonkers!

To clarify, the booking was cancelled at 6.55am this morning. I woke up at 7.30am!! Forget sleepwalking, apparently I’m now sleepcancelling!!

I’m beyond angry about this. They are not taking on board that it is a physical impossibility that I cancelled the booking.

Incidentally, I tried to rebook the rooms as soon as I read the email, but there were only two available.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. It would be good to know if I have any rights.

Like with every hotel booking, if you cancel less than 24 hours before arrival you get charged, so why on earth would you cancel anyway???

Have you tried calling the Ryde hotel directly instead of the central travelodge number?

let them know that you will be after the difference in price for the 2 bookings.

Their computer system can show where the cancellation came from as far as IP address but getting them to tell you this will be an impossibility as it will show that their system has bugs of security flaws.

however, that shouldnt stop you from demanding to know. It will be part fo your personal data ( if they want to continue to claim it was you that cancelled) so you are entitled to see it