davies1963

Charging Order Arrow Global

My wife had an outstanding debt with a company called Arrow Global they obtained a county court judgement for you then proceeded to place a charging order on our jointly owned property. 
I was not in a position to dispute the charging order on my wife's debt as this could possibly jeopardise the sale of the property which had been on the market for 3 years. After all the charges had been paid there was a small shortfall that had to be made up be me. I am correct that on a charging order they can only take my wife's share of her equity to cover the debt? as currently I have paid half of it.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Yes you are correct...only the debtors 50% share in the equity....but the full amount of debt must be settled.

Thread moved to financial Legal Issues Forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply. If they refuse to give me my share back what steps can I take ?

I would be conversing with your conveyancing solicitor as he was not liable to pay the full amount from the proceeds...only your wifes 50% share.But at the end of the day they would only come chasing for the shortfall so one of you would have had to pay it.......and it may of jepordised the sale?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread