Corner Park aka FiNANCE U very old debt CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

much needed help please ,

as you are all aware this named company/garage whatever they are are not the best to deal with to say the least,

i am wondering what i do next

i had a car from them back in 2000 and i part ex a car in poss 2001/2002

a year after that i had money troubles new born baby and couldnt afford it

they kindly reposessed it

send abusive letters/calls/texts etc all the normal delightful stuff

in 2005 he put a ccj on me for an amount just short of £13k with a repayment plan

i was not able to pay this

i may have paid one or 2 payments but that was it

i havent heard a single thing for 5 years and 2 months exactly

yesterday had a lovely letter from their new legal and recovery department saying that i have to pay full amount in 7 days or they will instruct baliffs from cardiff county court to remove my goods to the value of the outstanding debt!!!!

what i am wanting to know is can they do this after so long?

what do i do next ?

unfortunatly i had a house fire in 2007 and lost all my documents

i dont have a single piece of paperwork,

how desperate to chase after purchasing a car 10 years ago.

i too tried calling several times but they are horrible not interested in any circumstances or reasoning its one way or no way!

any help on where i start and what i do would be great

am just so pleased i found the thread on here about them

otherwise i dont know what i would do apart from panic and wait for his thugs to turn up!

hiyah postggj

i was hoping you would comment as i know your a fan of this man.... it was 25th may 2006 that i recieved the judgement for claimant and this was the last correspondence i had and a copy of this was attched to the finance u letter i had yesterday :)

if baliffs are instructed from the county court then that is a good thing

they have a brain unliike the parking fine private bailiffs

if they do turn up then you only have to explain your circumstances and they will just return the warrant back to the court.

the most that will happen is the judge will ask you to attend court to go over an income and expen form and do an assessment

ime having to think on this one as a ccj has been awarded and is quite old

ok thanks for yr help, i rang the court yesterday in panic and spoke to a very young girl who advised that they will send a letter out advising me that they are doing this before they turn up!

if i need to get a solicitor i will i am so annoyed by this man its unreal i too am going to fight him every step of the way the more of us do then he may think twice but maybe not but atleast satisfaction for me

why leave it this long though the courts said he can do an enforcement within 6 years after that he cant do anything!

oh and just to let you know at the bottom of his new designed letters new director is A humphries she was the secretary (anne)

Oh dear Welshlass, so sorry to hear of your problems with these, how they get away with it I dont know, just hold on in there and Postie will give you as much help as he can... I will be watching your thread with interest too, take care x

hi nowayjose,

aww thank you , yeah he seems to know his stuff thank god :) good luck to you too i couldnt believe it when i read yr thread all what they did to me before the judgement then nothing! but mine was a few yeas before you.. its a sham!! there must be a way of reporting them or doing something or tripping them up as there is no way he is all 100% above board there must be a loophole somewhere ....speak soon x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Welshlass

Thanks for the friends add, just waiting to submit my defense now.. so just a waiting game :couch2:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks i only have what is written on the letter which says at the top

'judgment for claimant'

its the payment arrangement and the date on that is 25th may 2006 i could ring the court in the morning and find out any information :)

• 2 months later...

hi, i have also received a letter from them today. about a car they repossessed years ago. the last i heard from them was in feb 06, when they said they we going to get a ccj. i have had a bad time over the last few years, and am now looking after my very ill mum. if the thugs came i believe it might push her over the edge. how do i go about sorting this problem with finance u. thanks

hi, i have also received a letter from them today. about a car they repossessed years ago. the last i heard from them was in feb 06, when they said they we going to get a ccj. i have had a bad time over the last few years, and am now looking after my very ill mum. if the thugs came i believe it might push her over the edge. how do i go about sorting this problem with finance u. thanks

Hi Tiffwales

Perhaps you should start your own thread, you can be sure of plenty of help on here. Keep us updated.

NWJx

• 2 months later...

hi all,

I've just been reading the threads about corner park's "finance u" hire purchase plans for cars.

I have to say I completely disagree with the posts that have been placed.

I'm not saying that the people are not being accurate. (How could I? I'm not them)/

However I do feel I have to provide my experience with this company.

I purchased a car from them 3 and half years ago.

My payments were for £206.00 a month for 30months.

I also had to pay a 20% deposit.

I struggled to pay the deposit, but they allowed me to pay it in instalments.

Since then, as I've already said I've experienced difficulty in making the repayments.

I've spoken to Nick and Graham on each occasion and never found them to be aggressive, abusive or threatening.

In actual fact Nick has done all he can to help me keep my car.

On one occasion, The gear box went on my car (a common fault with the type of car I have).

I put it in a garage to be repaired and the garage kept it for 8 months.

1 phone call to Nick and my car was removed from the garage, repaired and returned to me within 10 days.

On top of that they were particularly understanding about the fact that I struggled to repay the repairs so did them for me at cost.

Allowed to me repay it exactly as I had my car AND WITHOUT interest.

So people, while i can imagine you may have a completely different view to me on this one,

I have to say that the secret to not having a CCJ, car repossessed or default notices issued (which are all entirely legal) is communication.

If you speak to these guys and are honest with them they will help you all they can.

At the end of the day, they don't need the hassle of trying to sell on a car that will have depreciated in value through general wear and tear.

Nor are the in the business of repossessing cars-its a car SALES not repossession company.

L.M.