• Tweets

• Hi   As you are a Director of the Small Company have a wee look at this link: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/dividing-business-interests-on-divorce-or-dissolution
    • as the card is still owed by the OC, and as you've seen, they usually are able to comply, then its enforceable. so no don't cease payment.   however get an SAR running.
    • HRT process for returning British citizens can be quick, if they show evidence of now being resident in the UK and working or looking for work. So important to take all documents to Job Centre appointment confirming ID, residency at an address, evidence of work or looking for work e.g. Job applications.   if enough evidence is provided a decision can be made in a few days. And once entitlement is confirmed, then your Son can apply for an advance payment.   Under Universal Credit, once the claim is up and running, then first normal payment made after 5 weeks from start date. Work search appointments regularity can depend on Job Centre and how busy they are. Some people have appointments every fortnight and others once a month approx.  The important thing is complying with commitment and not missing appointments to avoid sanction. It is people who fail to attend work search and other mandatory appointments or fail to show sufficient evidence of looking for work, who can end up with a sanction.
    • Thanks dx100uk - response to relevant questions provided below. I will provide photos of signage at entrance and further photos of marked bays at same location in separate response.   For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....  I received a Parking Charge Notice (SIP)   1 The date of infringement? 11/05/2019 @ 16:01   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No   if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide  N/A   has there been a response? N/A please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........   have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Not yet as only 12 days since alleged infringement what date is on it Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? N/A yet   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N? ]N/A yet   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? N/A yet [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]   5 Who is the parking company? Simple Intelligent Parking (SIP)   6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Harding Street, Manchester
    • wasn't always that way changed with the spc rules of 2016. also, staple a copy of the cabot no cca letter to the courts copy. dx
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
beepy01

Drydensfairfax chasing santander Card Debt

Just received a letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors stating they are acting for Santander credit cards to recover an outstanding credit card debt.  Does this mean they are going to take me to court as they are solicitors?

Yep! They will take your house, your car, your personal belongings etc.

Did that scare you? If so dont worry - They may do so - If they are planning to youll get fair warning with a Pre Action Protocol Letter hitting your doorstep. 

GIve us more info on amounts etc

wont be Santander 

who is their stated client please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

They say their client is Santander and they’re acting on their behalf to collect outstanding debt of £2987. 

really.

ok is this on your credit file.

defaulted date?

last payment

when taken out etc

tell us the history of the debt please

safe to ignore them BTW

if their client IS santander and not a DCA

original creditors dont do court

dx 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Hi dx

i have written on here for advice before, you were very helpful but I just buried my head in the sand.

I’m at work so don’t have exact dates but default would have been mid last year.  

Last payment April 2017.

No it’s not on my credit file but nothing bad is on my credit file,

nothing bad at all and I have had 8 default notices and Barclaycard write off nearly 12k because they said they’d not treated me properly and gave me £75!!

i think Santander and mbna are the only few who have not sold on. I’m just lost with it all. 

I considered going bankrupt but don’t have the fees!

yes I wondered if you'd gone head in sand again

you don't need to go BK for consumer credit debt.

check all your old addresses are on your credit file too.

dx

Hi dx

I have checked my credit file and it is all up to date  with current addresses etc.  There is nothing bad on it at all.  I have removed my head from the sand and want to try and deal with my mess.  Will you help me?  I will have to do one debt at a time though as I just get bogged down and then hide!

Please fill in your quit date here