• Tweets

• Hi Surfwalkersteve,   It's likely they will invite you in for a further interview to establish any other facts about your journey history. As it stands you just need to await their correspondence as has been advised already. I assume they have the ticket in their procession as evidence? I've skimmed through this thread but get the impression its a paper ticket rather than an oyster/smart card type? They will be able to find out which barriers the ticket has been through, as any ticket office can perform this check.   Regarding the fine; If it goes to court, the maximum fine is £1,000 (plus costs etc.), however, this is unlikely as all fines are means tested and unless you're either very wealthy and/or very persistent, you'll usually be fined a lot less.
    • and it costs them nothing as well. If there is a hearing they have to spend another £50-100 on a local solicitor to attend so when they lose that bumps up the bill their client gets for their incompetent handling of the case and thus puts the client off from trying their luck again.   You need to look up the term "you've been Gladstoned"
    • notices not POFA compliant, they havent even bothered to try and get it right. note that they say that CEL is the creditor but Star parking are the company thta offers the contract. There is no third party liability and I bet the landowner doesnt know that Star have shunted the liability to CEL. If Star have obtained your keeper details they cnat pass them on to CEL and  if CEL have obtained the details then as they dont have a contract they have obtained them without reasonable cause so in breach of the GDPR. You need to write to the DVLA and ask who obtained your keeper details, when and what was the reason stated. There is a particular office this enquiry should be addressed to and if you send the request elsewhre they will try and avoid giving you a straight answer.   DO NOT APPEAL, not now or ever with this company, let them spend their money on chasing you, they are dishonest so will ultimately get thrashed by you later but for the moment you keep quiet and get all of your info collected. So we need to see the signage in close up. As there is at least 3 differetn signhs you will need to loo for all different versions and make a note of how big the signs are and where they are located. We also need picture4s of the ticket machine and associated blurb
    • FE499A8C-69E2-4D9A-9F00-8F3B570A546F.pdfFE499A8C-69E2-4D9A-9F00-8F3B570A546F.pdf Hi , I attached letters as described 
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
jarvo91

Xercise4less & CRS

Hi

Hopefully you can help.

I recently received a ‘letter’ via email from CRS saying I owed £213.47 for arrears of an Xercise4less membership.

When I first encountered it I thought it was just some phishing [problem] as I was a member of Xercise4less but had cancelled my membership in January this year and as far as I was aware had never missed a payment. 

I did a little looking online and sent them via recorded mail a letter saying I had no knowledge of the debt using the template from this link:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247

However they have replied by post this week with a pack of letters about a missed payment from February 2019 as evidence of my debt.

Which I had not received previously via post or email until the email stating I owed the above amount.

Some were supposed to be from Harlands group and others from CRS each escalating in fees and total amount.

At no point had I had any correspondence before the above mentioned email.

Having checked my contract and emails my membership was frozen from 3rd November to 4th February as per my contract free of charge

I now realised I fully cancelled on 28th January but needed to give 30 days notice so a final payment was due 4th Feb for a month that I was not going to use.

As I had already cancelled my direct debit in November that was not paid.

The monthly membership was £11.99 I had already paid more than 12 months of the contract by November 2018 so was out of term. 

What is my best course of action?

I am willing to pay the final £11.99 (even though I never used the gym for that period) but think it’s ridiculous amount to charge especially as they never actually sent anything previously until it was such a high amount.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

100's of like threads here already

shame you sent that silly letter but never mind

find one of the slick132 letters here

and OFFER them ONE MONTH fee as you cancelled the DD without 30days notice but will NOT pay any unlawful admin fees

take it or leave it harlands.

then you ignore everyone totally if they refuse.

stop using email, block and bounce all their addresses.

use ROYAL MAIL only, 1st class with free proof of posting from a PO counter is all you need

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks dx100uk for getting back to me so fast.

I did see other threads but was a bit unsure how they would apply.

would a the template letter from post #13 on this thread right ok?

Also do I send this to Xercise4less, Harlands or CRS? or all of the above?

Thanks again

Hi Jarvo and welcome to CAG

Harlands and CRS are one and the same !!. Harlands are the front desk and CRS pretend to be a separate Collection Company but this is rubbish as they're the the same outfit.

Offer by written posted letter to pay Harlands whatever final fee you owed using one of my drafts (offering the fee but NO admin fees on top, or your offer is withdrawn) and let us know what happens.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132

sent the letter on Friday just waiting for their reply. Do they normally accept or reject the offer?

Thanks for the help

Harlands/CRS will either answer the letter rejecting your offer ...........

......... or they'll ignore the letter and keep on making demands.

Read other threads here to see how other cases have run. :-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

So they sent me an email rejecting the offer with an attachment of the terms & conditions that they had already sent me. 

So far I just ignored it and will continue to. 

Not received any other communication by post from them yet but if it was to get to a point where I wished to stop receiving anything from them what options do I have?

what part of never use email did you not understand?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

@fkofilee thanks that’s definitely what I intend to do 😁. I Would just like to know if there is any course of action to stop them from spamming me with letters/emails in the future?

@dx100uk I know you are just trying to help however I think you have misunderstood. I have only dealt with them via post.

They replied to me via email which I assume they have from when I signed up for the gym originally, which is why I stated I had yet to receive any further postal communication. I hope that clears up any confusion.

did you not block and bounce their email AD as in post 2?

if not do it now..

ok that's sorted

you now ignore everyone.

Hi Jarvo,

Just ignore Harlands/CRS for now but keep us posted.

:-)