style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Be worth waiting for some pointers from BA before sending anything..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The debt has been paid the writ is no longer in force so nothing to stay and no debt to vary payments on, the focus now is to facilitate refund of the Sales Fee that was incorrectly applied, as well as possibly the Stage 2 Fee. Have you written to the company challenging the application of the fees Relava69?  Hopefully BA who is a bailiff/enforcement expert will be along again with further suggestions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The information is here on CAG

Please be wary of users trying to direct you to other sites that want fees for helping out of you

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Feel free to post elsewhere..... if you are wishing to get personal and make  accusations.....but not on this forum.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 11/05/2019 at 08:42, Revala69 said:

I have but it comes up with all the high court enforcement companies is there anything specific I should be looking for ?

I do apologise for not replying sooner but the nice weather is too nice to miss I'm afraid. If I am not back later, I will certainly be responding in detail tomorrow. As you have already paid, there is no actual pressure on you. 

Thank you BA I have emailed them and I got a response telling me that I have 14 days to submit any more evidence, photos etc. If you can add anything I will send it across to them. 

Best Regards 

I have been very vocal on the subject of High Court fees for at least 12 years and when  the regulations were overhauled in 2014, I also complained about the fees at the Consultation stage. What has made the position worse is the misleading wording from Item 7.3 of the statutory Explanatory Guidance that supports the fee scale (see below):

The first stage fee was correctly applied. The problem arises with the second stage fee and the sale stage fee. 

As outlined under item 7.3, if the agent was 'unable to enter into a controlled goods agreement'. he can only charge the second enforcement stage fee (of £594) if he is able to 'take control of goods in another manner'. If he is able to do so, arrangements can then be put in place for the removal of those items. In which case, the Sale & Disposal fee of £630 could well apply. 

In your particular case, the agent was UNABLE to take control of any goods at all. Therefore, he cannot and must not charge anything more than the Stage 1 fee. 

I will make a further post this afternoon regarding the steps that you should now be taking. 

1 hour ago, Bailiff Advice said:

The problem arises with the second stage fee and the sale stage fee. 

Given the popularity of this forum, I should perhaps mention that sadly, it is becoming more and more common to find High Court enforcement companies routinely attempting to charge either the Second Stage fee or both....and I can see why. 

I don't intend to mention any particular company name (as regulars on here will know precisely which company I am referring to) but there is one company in particular who are known to request ALL fees at the initial visit. And they attempt to charge such fees as soon as they arrive at the property. With the public unaware of their rights, they get away with it...and in doing so, other companies will try to follow suit. 

That’s exactly what happened BA when i asked for some time to check my rights I went indoors and quickly Googled the information i had to hand and when I confronted them they said they are high court officers and have more rights than a normal bailiff and I was wasting there fckin time and got his phone to call the police. 

I knew that they couldn’t do this but I felt so intimidated and my children where getting upset and scared I just gave in.  

If fees have been charged when they should not have been, the regulations do indeed provide for what is called 'Detailed Assessment'. This is where an application is made to the court and a Judge will examine the fees charged to establish whether or not there has been any overcharging. In the first instance, such an application is not free. There is a court fee of around £300. 

With the recovery of council tax arrears, magistrate court fines or unpaid parking penalties, Detailed Assessment applications are almost unheard of. This is because;  the fees chargeable are clear as day (£75 Compliance Fee and £235 Enforcement fee).

Detailed Assessment may be more common in cases of High Court enforcement. Such applications can also be very risky for individuals. Without exemption, High Court enforcement companies will employ  barristers to represent them at hearings.  You will not find a solicitor wishing to represent you with such an application on a 'no win, no fee basis'. 

In 2014, when the regulations were overhauled, a major change took place in that all High Court Enforcement Officers were required to obtain a bailiffs certificate. Accordingly, if there has been any wrongdoing (such as charging excessive fees) a complaint can be made against the individual to the County Court that grated his certificate. There is no fee to pay.

However, before even considering this route, it is important that you write to the enforcement company to ask them to explain in detail what steps were taken by them to justify charging the Second Stage fee and Sale Stage fee. In your letter I would suggest that you point out that you require this information because, at this present time, you are seriously considering making a formal complaint to the County Court that granted the certificate to the officer. 

• dx100uk changed the title to EON CCJ and Intimidation CES Bailiffs