Care Parking ANPR PCN - Festival Leisure Park, Blackpool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

im after a bit of advice concerning a parking charge i received,

im on the second letter at the moment after politely declining their offer of payment within 30 days,

this happened after parking at festival leisure park and going to the pictures,

there are NO parking signs on the entrance and i had no idea there was a time limit in place.

This happened on the 1st of april and any advice would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Could you let us have the information requested in the forum sticky please? It will help us to advise you. The guys may have other questions, but this short questionnaire will be a good start.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] 

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement   24/3/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]   01/04/19

3 Date received   04/04/19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?   Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]   N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up   n/a

7 Who is the parking company?  Care Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]   Festival Leisure Park, Blackpool

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.   BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

Illegitimi non carborundum

• dx100uk changed the title to Care Parking ANPR PCN - Festival Leisure Park, Blackpool

can you scan up the NTK both side to one multipage PDF please

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read the Backpool Gazette dec 5th and 6th.

thye dont have planning permission for their equipment so they are breaking the law despite their assertions that they dont need it..

however there is a scheme where the cinema and restaurants sign off your visit to allow yo to stay beyond 3 hours so i would be getting in touch with the Odeon first and asking them fairly strongly to get this charge cancelled and remind them of the newspaper  interest in this and the lack of prominence within the cinema of how to use the pre-authorisation system.

There is a minimum 10 minute grace period, and as the film overran overstay was beyond your control, get on to Odeon as ericsbrother suggests, and also get on to gazette.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You could also get on to the BPA in this instance.

They don't usually get involved but their own Director of Corporate Affairs has gone on record about this.

Don't mention the film running over as that gives them the option of saying you are asking for mitigating circumstances when you are not. You are just asking that BPA members observe BPA  guide lines since  that is partly why these parking companies are allowed data from the DVLA.

Remind BPA that by washing their hands on this incident it will lead to complaints to DVLA, ICO, MPs and the newspapers.

State that you fully expect them to observe their own rulings and cancel the PCN.

Do not say please or beg them to do it they have to stand by their own guide lines.

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/good-car-parking-practice-includes-grace-periods

Hi thanks for the replys im going into the cinema this weekend and asking them to sort it out.

Is the best course of action still not to contact them directly about the ticket as they will then know i was the driver ?

As im also a type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump every time i go to drive i have to test my blood sugars are ok so i cant just hop in my car and drive off.

why do you think we advise a course of action if we thought that doing anything BUT that was a better idea?

I would have got on to Odeon HO as soon as,

if you leave it to the weekend the chances are that you wont speak to the right person,

the person you do speak to will agree to help just to get you out of the building and it will all be forgotten about until it is too late.

get on to head Office and tell them that you have read all about the bandit parking co and what are they going to do about it before you go to the papers as they have failed to advertise things properly in their cinema ( that is within their realm even if the parking rules aren't)?

your last point is totally irrelevant, t

he BBC wont change the timings of the end of its programmes so you can quickly nip out and inject

so start to think about what this is,

a dispute over the ability of a company to offer you a contract.

It doesn't matter what that contract is for,

it could be for making you a suit or  delivering pizza,

the important thing is do they have the right to enter into a contract with you and set particular terms that are the binding on you?

Right just spoke to the odeon HQ and as i thought its nothing to do with them they cant get the ticket cancelled as they do not own the land and its not their car park,they say their are signs in the cinema(which there are,they tell you to speak to a member of staff if overstaying of which theyre werent any) and i would have to email the parking company and appeal!

He wasnt even aware they had been in the gazette before about this issue.

Onto the BPA now then.

Don't appeal to the PPC at this stage, it would possibly be counterproductive and limit options down the road.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ive taken pictures of the car park in case this goes as far as they threaten and also the comments made by the counsellor in blackpool about the illegal cameras and also the guidelines by the BPA in march this year so we will have to wait and see where they would like to take this.

Unless it was a letter of/before claim from one of the paperwork only fake/tame solicitors..it safe to ignore them all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I take that you rang them up and the above was their reply? 

You have to understand that once a parking company has written demanding money from you they will not let go for months. They will use every trick and threat to try and force some money out of you even though they are well aware, as in your case, that no money is owed.

To try and stop them in their tracks I posted a directive from a Director of BPA about waiting times. Of course you are going to be fobbed off using the phone. You need to write to the Directors of the Company so that there is a paper trail and they are aware of the consequences of fobbing you off. Your letter should go something along these lines-

1] you have received a parking ticket from one of their members for leaving only  15 minutes over the allotted time. 

2] this is in complete contradiction to the time lines as advised by your own Director [and you should include the URL I entered on my earlier post.

3] as Care Parking have refused to cancel my ticket they are in breach of BPA guide lines which should mean that they are not permitted to have access to DVLA data according to your rules.

4] I would be grateful if you could kindly advise Care parking of their responsibility to adhere to your Regulations

5] you will appreciate that if your response to me is that you will take no action then a strong complaint will be put to  my MP, the DVLA, the ICO and the Press that if you are not prepared to stand by your own directives it calls into question your fitness to run such an organisation.

For extra weight you could copy in your local MP which means BPA would have to respond to them as well as you which might concentrate their minds a little more.

That has a much better chance than a phone call and could set a precedent for others in future. 

social media regarding the ODEON as they have failed to warn their customers and it was their fault the film overran so they should either pay this bill for you or tell the landlord to tell the parking bandits to cancel.

If they dotn bite you let Odeon know that when you sue the parking co you will name them as co-defendants

Thanks for all the advice and that sounds good lookinforinfo im going to write them a letter and see what happens,im not holding my breath though.

I did speak to head office on the phone and that was their reply.

Theres no way on gods earth they will be getting any money off me unless they take me to court and win which from the information available i think is highly unlikely but we will wait and see.