Hi everyone...so I understand that as of April 2019 the UC group of LCWRA has a rise in payment to £336.20.  Does anyone know the actual date in April this applies from?.  sorry if its a daft question but all we can find is its in April.

Thanks Andyorch….was wondering as its not on the may payment which went from 5/4 to 4/5.

They should go up at the start of the new financial year so next payment after 6th April, but it's all a mish mash  some benefits have risen others frozen. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

yes brassnecked it seems a mishmash, the basic rate and the work related groups have been frozen but the lcwra hasn't been frozen, maybe the computer said no lol...

New UC rates did not come into force until 8th April 2019.  So the new LCWRA would therefore not be applied until the assessment end date in May.

So for example, those with an assessment period of 8/4/19 to 7/5/19, will receive the new LCWRA rate on their statement issued shortly after 7/5/19.

So for your assessment period of 5/4/19 to 4/5/19, you will have to wait until the June statement to receive the new rate.

This is due the statutory instrument passed by Parliament and the related Universal Credit regulations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

For your information, this is what Parliament passed.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/480/contents/made

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thank you unclebulgaria.  I didn't explain right, my assessment phase was from 5th march, my first payment was 11th April,  this May  payment is my 2nd payment of UC, but looking at the dates you point me to it will sort itself out on the system.

Just to update, you as usual were spot on Unclebulgaria....i will get the increase in the June payment.  UC advised me via journal eventually lol...not moaning about that as i can only guess how many claimaints messages they get.  I hate using the phone, i forget whats been said and end up no better off.