• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PRA PAP letter - LLoyds Credit Card

Waterloo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 
firstly Thankyou for letting me post here wondered if anybody could help with a letter before action please ? Time line as follows  

6 Mar 17 -received letter from PRA stating they had purchased debt From lloyds - wasn’t sure this was legit as part on Lloyd’s paper part PRA but didn’t look like like the real Lloyd’s header paper

28 Mar 17 - Recieved another letter From PRA advising their letter of assignment was printed as single documents and should have been sent as separate documents and whilst they were correct they were now sending as separate documents ? 

April 2017 - received Letter before claim from PRA chasing a LLoyds Credit card debt taken out in 2006 

1 st May 17 - with help of the site i sent a Req Under sec 78 of the cca requesting documents 

08 May 17 received letter confirming documents I wanted had been requested . Nothing for 1 year 

Aug 18 - Pages came with copies of Credit card Transaction 

15 Jan 19 - received a letter saying in response to the CCA request stating “ this was the documentation received to date - and they had now enclosed 1 page which was I think the Credit card Agreement with 9 key financial facts on it and 2 signatures. ( which are my name both look different ) I cannot recall whether I applied for this online or signed this paperwork they have sent. 
In this letter they say “ they are awaiting further documents in order to complete my request and have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable. 

26 April - received again today letter before claim with the standard forms and income expenditure etc 

i am confused as I have had no documents since the letter on 15Jan so I don’t know whether they have made a mistake and don’t need to send anything further but didn’t realise, or whether I am still without documents. Not sure if the one page of 9 points entitled “ key financial information “ is the terms and conditions ? 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to see how I can upload the letters 

thankyou x

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA PAP letter - LLoyds Credit CArd

when did you last pay this and to whom?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

disregard any statements for now

can you scan up to ONE multipage PDF whatever other paperwork they have sent in relation to your CCA request .

and what date did you make that CCA request please

read upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply.

Aside from the statements this is all I have had.

If they have sent anything further I haven’t received it.

Hence the confusion of them telling me it was unenforceable but now I have the letter before claim

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2019-05-07_01-46-51.pdfconvert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2019-05-07_01-46-51.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2019-05-07_01-46-51.pdfpdf

And sorry CCA request was 01 May 2017 

thia document came in Jan 2019

thankyou again x 

is that the only thing they sent bar statements?

and they

Yes and a covering letter saying they were still awaiting further documents in order to complete my request. We currently deem this debt as unenforceable . If we obtain information in the further we will of course provide this to you immediately . 

That was 15/01/19 , so either they have sent something else in between then and April and I haven’t received it or they are taking action based on that document ? 

thanks all clear now

you MUST respond to the PAP letter of claim 

see post 2 here.

the reason there is good enough for your case

and they

thanks so much for your help and advice it is much appreciated.

1) so I respond to the PAP but using  the form on the thread above Not the one they have sent me ? Is that correct ? 

2) I tick the box that says I dispute the debt ? Based on the grounds I do not currently have all the paperwork ? 

3) so I ask for all the paperwork listed or just the Credit agreement ? 

4) I return the above just to PRA ? - as there is no solicitor mentioned. Do I do another CCA request or just say I don’t have all the documents requested from the original ? 

Thanks so so much sorry ! 

I dispute this debt because..recommended reason as advised from your thread and add the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation.

box I tick

I have requested by way of a  cca request the signed agreement from the debt purchaser [attached to this reply form+Fee]

I also require you to supply the following..

a copy of the Default Notice

A copy of the Notice of Assignment

A complete set of statements detailing exactly how the debt has accrued detailing:

I. All Transactions.

II. any additional charges, be them by the original creditor or you xxxx the debt purchaser or any predecessor  DCA.

III. details of all contractual interest added by whom and on what date.

IV. List of ALL Payments made toward the Agreement

no need to do the financial statement etc anything else or send anything else bar the above

do NOT give them your phone nor email

PRINT your name

never sign the form

staple the £1CCA PO to the CCA request and send it to the debt purchaser 

return the completed  PAP form below to the solicitors that sent it to you

attain free proof of posting for BOTH at any PO counter 

1st class mail will do. recorded is a waste of money

just follow the guide 

no need for these questions

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi

thankyou for previous help. I have received a Repsonse from PRA the Credit Agreement they have sent is one page only and this page says 

“ here are some terms and conditions

these aren’t in order also.

i sent a SAR to LLOyds who show in their log a couple of weeks ago that “ PRA have enquired “‘are these all the terms and conditions you have ?” To which Lloyd’s have replied yes. 

So my question is if LLOyds don’t have the original full terms and conditions

can PRA reconstitute these with some from around the same time and put this together to take it forward ? 

Thankyou for your help x 

for a 2006 agreement [pre APR 2007 changes..]

they will need the signed agreement

you did sign one?

dx

and they

THey have sent me a 1 page agreement with my signature ( as per pic in earlier post) it’s only one page states it’s only some of the terms and they don’t follow on so eg it’s term 1 then term 7 then speaks of see term x - which isn’t on there .

tgankyou for your help

I seem to remember they fail on 8.2 quite regularly??

and they

Yes there’s is no term number 9 that it references to or any other 17 etc it mentions earlier.

can they find these terms from other agreements from around the same time and use them as my terms and condition to enforce this ? As Lloyd’s have advised them they only have this page. 

pers id let this run.

dx

and they

Think it should state Irredeemably Unenforceable ? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou I’m not sure why it says that. Unsure if that means they can try to come up with the terms from that time and add them in to enforcement it. Thankyou all for all your help and assistance it is very much appreciated 

• 1 year later...

Good Evening, 

Please may I ask for some information re default markers on Credit Report ? 

I had a CC with a Bank default around Jan 2014. Nothing was registered on my Credit Report The debt was later sold on a few times. Eventually to PRA in 2017 where it is unenforceable.

On my Clearscore report that I have recently downloaded it says “ In default PRA GRoup 5th April 2017”.

when I click onto this it shows no markings on any month from 2014.

so my question is can PRA register the default from 2017. I’m unsure if it drops off from The bank in 2014 or after PRA registered in 2017. 

thanks for any advice you can give 

i will guess this is:

a debt buyer dca cannot register a default notice 

if the original creditor registered a default notice then get a copy of that 

staple it to a letter to PRA and demand the account is removed from your credit file forthwith or a serious complaint will be registered with the ICO and financial compensation will be sought.

give them 14 days 

and they

Hi Thankyou for your response 

yes it is ! I sent of a SAR and within the comms Log Lloyds advised PRA  no CCA or paperwork available  . 
hence account unenforceable.

The default is listed as PRA so does that mean it’s active ? 
I can’t see a default for LLoyds on there. 
I will follow your advice Thankyou 

Edited by Waterloo1

threads merged.

going by your original thread

the debt was sold around mar/apr 2017 so a default would have been registered by LLoyds before or upon sale

when a debt is sold the name if the OC is replaced by that of the debt buyer

so everything to me sounds ok

the defaulted date is of that time 

and the whole account will vanish on the defaults 6th birthday.

what anyone put post that can't harm you further because they are not allowed to change a defaulted date

subsequent calendar markers are irrelevant and can't hurt you file  further.

and they

Thanks for this information it’s helpful

i thought the default was from when an account defaulted so 2014. Not when it was sold ?  Is that correct ? 

it’s just that now I don’t know if the default has ended in MAr 20 or not now until Mar 22 ?  Thanks