• Tweets

• It is the usual rubbish.   It is cunningly designed to frighten you because it uses some words designed to provoke an emotional response such as Bankruptcy, charging, Warrant etc.   If you read it carefully it can be summed up as follows:   1. You were wise enough not to engage with us before and we are a bit pissed about that.   2. Because we are pissed but can do nothing else we are trying to frighten you with all the things someone else COULD (but probably wouldn't) do with keywords. Only our client and his solicitor could if they had a case.   3. More keywords because we are still pissed you have not engaged with us.   4. We have advised our client (though we probably haven't) to refer to solicitors for legal action because 1). we have failed to scare or engage you and 2). we have no power to take legal action ourselves, only solicitors engaged by our clients could do that.   5. We want to help you (for which read we want to help ourselves) and please look at the list of other people who can help you because a). we may be legally obliged to refer you to third party help and b). some of those guys will advise you to engage with us rather than put us to strict proof.   This letter should be filed along with it's envelope.  No need to respond in any way or have any anxiety about this one.
    • you get the council involved then as the noise is nuisance. You will need to keep a diary but whislt you are on to the council you ask them to see if they cna inspect the property as you belive that the works being doen come under building control and possibly breaching the London Fire Acts ( or similar for most cities) hopefully tey will send someone round and then tell you if they are happy or not with what they have seen. That will help you decide how you want to play things
    • Right, FOI requests cant be made to non governmental organisations and the charges wont be ILLEGAL so your mortgage co will read what you have written in such a way as to think tht you dotn know what you are on about and then try and blather or stall things whilst still rokking yu for every penny they can. now commercial mortgage so terms will be vastly different to home purchase and fees are part and parcel fo that game as a court will decide that you knew waht you were letting yourself into. That means you have to come up with somehting more than just pouring out your feelings for us to be able to offer some solid advice   so, sight of morgtage terms, statements of account, why they have got solicitors involved ( arrears?) what was the original interest and was that variable and if so on what basis?   we need to knwo an awful lost abotu how things have got to where they are and we also need to see the numbers so we can at least try an spot anything obvious
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

I am trying to find out information for a friend.  She was moved from her accommodation which she shared with others but each having a studio flat, as the Landlord wanted the property back.  As the group did not wish to be evicted, they contact an organisation called Hope Worldwide. They helped her move into another property in a different borough but it was a shared accommodation. She has been in the property for over 3 years.  She recently spoke to the Landlord and found out that he contract with the landlord had expired. She asked if it could be renewed however the Landlord refused but is still allowing her to remain in the property as the rent is still being paid by the DWP.  She is currently receiving Universal Credit but looking for a job. She would like to move out of the flatshare but as she is a single person is not considered a priority.  Any suggestions?

Housing rental likely to be open ended with landlord required to give notice, if they wanted tenants to move out for reasons other than eviction due to rent arrears.

Universal credit housing compared to council housing benefit does not appear to be as restrictive in terms of people moving to other parts of the UK. If your friend can find housing elsewhere, then subject to UC housing amount payable being enough, then there is nothing stopping your friend moving.  If your friend is is aged 35+ or in receipt of a disability benefit then they can receive at least 1 bed rate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I assume this is private housing and she has been in the present flat share for 3 yrs so here tenancy agreement is more than likely a periodic tenancy now as the fixed term has expired (this is me guessing)

What tenancy agreement did they sign for the flat share and do they have a copy?

They need to look at what social housing is in the area i.e. council housing, housing association, housing trusts etc and get there application forms and fill them out and send them back to each. This way they get there name added to the waiting list for housing but if they move they must inform each of that move otherwise they may be removed from that list as contactable ( most review there lists each year and send confirmation to the application address unless updated, if no response removed from list)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for this information. I have messaged the company who placed her in the property and asked if they can intervene.

Posted (edited)

Why does she want to renew the contract if she wants to move out? A new contract would mean that she is bound by the fixed term so would be liable for rent until the term finished. Because there is no renewed tenancy does not mean that she has no tenant's rights. The landlord still needs to give sufficient notice to evict her, and she needs to give sufficient notice to leave too. What that notice period is depends on what type of tenancy was originally signed.

Edited by Will Goodfellow

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried to get her to contact the organisation who placed her there in the first place. She is waiting for them to make contact to sort this out for her.