firstship

rent in advance

many years ago on the 13th of the month I paid 1 months rent in advance and a deposit, I am hoping to move shortly and give my 1 months notice on the 14th May 2019, which is also my rent payment date the rent in advance was £475, is it correct to deduct the £475 from the current months rent?????? The deposit is held by an outside company which I believe is the law and will get this back assuming there are no claims against me for any damage,is this the correct procedure.

Thank you

FS

No, you pay your rent as normal per your tenany agreement, as under that you agreed to pay rent up to the date the tenancy ends.

Towards the end of the tenancy, there will be an inspection of the property where you and landlord(or their agent) review the condition of the property. If everything is at it should be, then the company holding the deposit will be instructed to refund it to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread