Potential Fraud

thegrandprimo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what do you mean by you received a fraud refund?

they gave you money as you were subjected to a fraudulent transaction?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you didnt get the refund?

or you don't think the refund was correct?

tell us what happened and why they accused you of fraud

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got the refund but the refund was taken back by the bank.

I asked the bank to look into a transaction I did not make.

The bank accepted the dispute and refunded the money. And imposed a condition that  I must phone them or they would reverse the refund.

However this is when the conditions were imposed.

ok look like you did a chargeback on a 'fraudulent' transaction using your debit card that you did not authorise?

they obv did not have enough info and gave you a time limit to provide that, but you failed to comply, so they reversed their earlier decision.

why not ring them then?

use a mobile and record the call.

if it starts to get silly

ask them to write to you asking the questions they need answering to resolve the situation.

dx

and they

I am genetically disabled and I can not use the phone.

I have told them this they simply refuse and say the team can only be reached via phone.

I have capacity and my care Manager has said my Care team can not help.

I have a rare couple of conditions when they are together.

Can you suggest a template?

oh I appreciate this 

No template as far as I know.

The following link might help you.

British Bankers Association disability rights

Your Bank should be told of your disability, so they can ensure that the service they offer meets your needs. If they have been told previously, then you need to register a complaint, by writing to the Banks head office. If you visit your Banks website, they should have an online form to complete or details of where to send a letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, it would be a failure to adapt the service to take into account your disability.

But this is provided the Bank have been told of your disability previously.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, thegrandprimo said:

Do I have to tell a company what my disability is?

Yes, because the bank is required to make 'reasonable adjustments' to prevent you being disadvantaged by your disability.  It can only decide what 'reasonable adjustments' to put in place if it knows what your disability is.

me It had a passage saysing that if a service provider asked what my disability was it could be classed as harrasment

Although I may have read it wrong but im sure I have not.

Because if that is so How could they make the adjustment?

I think I get what you guys are saying

@honeybee13no they cant honey beee I was reading page 9 it says.

• A business does not have to know that the customer meets the legal definition of ‘a disabled person’, just that he or she has an impairment which is likely to meet the definition. A business must not treat you worse than someone else because you are associated with a person who has a protected characteristic. For example: A café refuses to serve a customer who has a disabled child with them. • A business must not treat you worse than someone else because they incorrectly think you have a protected characteristic (perception).

You're right

Would it be easier to tell them that you have a protected characteristic if one's been diagnosed and tell them which adjustments you need?

Could someone speak on your behalf if you authorise them to speak to the bank when you're together?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Care team are suggesting I close the account down which Is what the bank said was a good dea.

But I paid it back now I saved the money up.

I  just had a no spending spree.sad I no😂 these ters on of laughter but of joy that it is al over.

Though I have not heard them shut it down yet..

TGP

Here it is. page 10

• A business must not treat you badly or victimise you because you have complained about discrimination or helped someone else complain, or done anything to uphold your own or someone else’s equality law rights. For example: A customer complains that a member of staff in a café told her she was not allowed to breastfeed her baby except in the toilets. Because she has complained, the café tells her she is barred altogether. This is almost certainly victimisation. • A business must not harass you. For example: A member of staff in a nightclub is verbally abusive to a customer in relation to a protected characteristic.

I can't see how that is relevant to your situation thegrandprimo. The bank hasn't victimised you. 

What's the reason you don't want to tell the bank what your disability is? They won't or can't make a 'reasonable adjustment' if you don't tell them you are disabled, or if you won't explain to them what 'reasonable adjustment' you want them to make.

Edited by Ethel Street